V0.7 is completed: https://www.sendspace.com/file/2u6vaf
I suggest everyone to switch to this version even if they don't need the define-special-characters function. I've fixed lots of bugs and added features to save or recover the database. When transferring to this version you will NOT
lose your previous settings if you were using V0.6IMPORTANT Note 1
: Even though I've tested everything all test were carried out in a single system. Backup your database (and settings if you think they are important) before switching to this version, just in case. I suggest everyone to backup their database manually before trying out the new features. IMPORTANT Note 2
: I've changed the default special characters. v0.6's(same as v0.5) special characters are saved in the language settings so when you normally load your database from v0.6, the program will still use your previous special characters without any problem. You don't have to do anything. If you lose your settings file or simply want backwards compatibility in a new database, you can use the defaults option in the define special characters option.
I've realized that I haven't mention it anywhere. You can press ESC to delete the contents of the selected text area(since v0.5). I also want to mention that general settings are always saved but language settings usually(with a few exception) require you to hit the save settings button. I think I should add a proper help function in the next version.
I think I will take a break. For some time i will only fix bugs if I encounter them or someone reports any. In the meantime, feel free to ask for more features. Happy conlanging, dictionary creating or whatever you are using the program for.V0.7 Changelog: New Features:
Defining special characters and automatically replacing(or swapping) them in the database.
Lots of information,question and error dialogs to guide you during the automated replacement process.
Easily creating backups and loading them via file menu.
Retrieving the copy of the database from RAM (updated when program is started or database is reloaded) in case of the loss of database.
Easily loading version defaults.
Changing the appearances of the special characters. Bug Fixes:
Button settings are now properly saved.
Fixed some rare bugs.
Fixed some other minor bugs of custom buttons
Fixed an annoying bug that makes the text areas lost focus when custom buttons are created.
Fixed a bug that occurred when the a list is double clicked and the opposing text area is selected (this bug seems to be introduced in v0.6)Convenience changes:
The program now opens in the middle of the screen instead of the top Left corner.
Dialogs now open in the middle of the program instead of the top left corner of the screen.
Added error messages to many possible error situations.
Added txt files filtering to new file creation
Open database button now opens the the database with the system's preferred opening application instead of the system's preferred editing application. I don't think this change would cause any inconvenience to anyone.