Recommended for beginners
Here is a shortlist of links recommended for beginners.
Everything in the section Language creation, grammar, syntax and vocabulary
, and especially the Language Construction Kit
- a "manual" for creating (naturalistic) languages. A similar website is also Wikibook: Conlang https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Conlang
- it's more of a step-by-step tutorial at various levels but really useful for beginners.
Highly recommended is also everything in the section IPA, X-SAMPA, phonology, sound changes
, and especially the following: International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- a Wikipedia article on the IPA; scroll down to chapter 5: Letters
for symbols and audio recordings; andExtended Speech Assessment Methods Phonetic Alphabet (X-SAMPA)
- a Wikipedia article on X-SAMPA.
Another highly recommended link to read is Glossing rules
- the rules for glossing any language, natural or constructed.
If you're looking for an online wiki or a dictionary, the following is recommended: Linguifex
to set up your pages for your conlang(s); andConWorkshop
- an online dictionary for conlangs, includes a forum and many useful tools.