I want to learn someone's conlang

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators: Ashucky, Dormouse559

WallOfStuff

I want to learn someone's conlang

Postby WallOfStuff » 2013-10-30, 3:06

Not sure if this is the right section for this. But anyway, I've recently decided to go back into learning languages. One of my goals besides learning natlangs and possibly making a conlang is to learn a conlang as well. Rather than just pick one that's well-known among the language enthusiasts, I want to help someone on here by learning some of their conlang. Having another speaker can help find anything that needs to be fixed as well.

However, I'd like to learn a conlang from someone who at least sort of knows what they're doing. I prefer something that isn't a creole or heavily based on a particular natlang. Also, it'd be cool if we could talk on Skype or something similar, so we can have real-time conversations and stuff.

If interested in having another speaker of your conlang, send me a message or post here. :3

Ashucky
Forum Administrator

Re: I want to learn someone's conlang

Postby Ashucky » 2013-10-30, 14:05

I'm not a fluent speaker of any of my conlangs but I could learn one of them along with someone else learning it :P Anyway, two of my conlangs could be used for this: one is Laefêvëši and the other is Harākti. The first one is an a priori language with extensive morphology and it's agglutinative. I have a page on FrathWiki about it and a few recordings, if you'd like to hear it. The second one is an a posteriori conlang, based off Proto-Indo-European. It has a moderately complex morphology, akin to Latin or Sanskrit (although probably less complicated). I have a page for it too, on Linguifex, and a recording of a short text. If you're interested, I can post the links. :)

Also, feel free to add me on Skype (nick: Ashucky). I'm always up for discussing conlangs or languages or whatever else in general. :)
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

handsomenavajo01

Postby handsomenavajo01 » 2013-10-31, 0:32

WallOfStuff wrote:Not sure if this is the right section for this. But anyway, I've recently decided to go back into learning languages. One of my goals besides learning natlangs and possibly making a conlang is to learn a conlang as well. Rather than just pick one that's well-known among the language enthusiasts, I want to help someone on here by learning some of their conlang. Having another speaker can help find anything that needs to be fixed as well.

However, I'd like to learn a conlang from someone who at least sort of knows what they're doing. I prefer something that isn't a creole or heavily based on a particular natlang. Also, it'd be cool if we could talk on Skype or something similar, so we can have real-time conversations and stuff.

If interested in having another speaker of your conlang, send me a message or post here. :3

I am in the process of creating my first very decent conlang. It is coming out very good! It is a pretty easy language to learn!
’Ayóo shaa dzólní, ’aoo’, t’áá íídą́ą́’ shił bééhózin éí lá biniinaa ’at’ééké chxǫǫ́h dashinízin. T’óó ’ádíshní! ;)

hashi

Postby hashi » 2013-10-31, 6:02

An yogeiya tas, evi stat eg Niđalosu opri or onšoem tog il yomakevu asiyo. Mo so oš tasita, an mo eg sravi i negau okvali, i anu koal os, moa šitamunu kendiša.

I'd offer but I have neither the time nor patience to teach anyone Niđalos. If you were really that keen I could send you the materials and answer questions when I'm around haha.

benjamino59

Postby benjamino59 » 2013-11-01, 20:04

I'm also interested in learning a conlang. Aschucky, both your languages sound interesting. Do you mind posting some of the grammar?

Quetzalcoatl

Postby Quetzalcoatl » 2013-11-02, 15:24

Šli yežišan antsoi zuyažiwa pra žwenai Miwonša, šayo yarukai tončimaškim, čwastai škui mazikwoniman! Konsjukai kjaniman konžwai maya, wanjo raičiman, astai sjaša žai cwi kjošna, yak kwanšpiwa sjači fleksjoniski.

[ʃli 'jɛʒiʃã 'ãtsɔɪ zuja'ʒiwa pra 'ʒwɛnaɪ mi'wɔ̃ʃaɪ, ʃa'jɔ 'jarukaɪ tɔ̃'tʃimaʃkim, 'tʃwastaɪ ʃkuɪ ̩mazi'kwɔnimã! 'kɔ̃sjukaɪ 'kjanimã 'ʒwɛnaɪ ma'ja, 'waɲo 'raɪtʃimã, 'astaɪ 'sjaʃa ʒaɪ tɕwi 'kjɔʃna, jak kwã'ʃpiwa 'sjatʃi flɛksjɔ'niski.]

[If want-2SG-IPFV something-ACC learn-PFV-INF about language-ACC Miwonsa, 2SG.DAT will-INS show=go-1SG-PFV, what-ACC already create=come-1SG-IPFV. Truth-INS love-1SG-IPFV conlang-ACC 1SG.GEN, and think-1SG-IPFV, that-ACC it-DET not very difficult-ADV, yet be-IPFV=although pretty inflecting-ADV.]

If you want to learn something about Miwonša, I would love to show you what I have created. I really love my conlang and I think that it is not very difficult, although it has much inflection.

Ashucky
Forum Administrator

Postby Ashucky » 2013-11-03, 21:00

benjamino59 wrote:I'm also interested in learning a conlang. Aschucky, both your languages sound interesting. Do you mind posting some of the grammar?
There are some pages available, if you go to the Link Your Conlangs topic (or you can see more about Harākti here and Laefêvëši here. I also have a quick introductory video about Laefêvëši on YouTube - you can watch it here. You should definitely check those out before trying anything with my conlangs - they aren't intended to be IAL's so don't expect simplicity. :P
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

Iparxi_Zoi

Postby Iparxi_Zoi » 2013-11-04, 7:06

I'd love to share what I have of my conlang, Lathian, with you. I'd love to see it spoken by other people as well. :D

http://linguifex.com/Ancient_Lathian

It's still a work in progress, but if you like it, let me know.
Native/Mis lenguas maternas: [flag=español mexicano (Mexican Spanish)]es-MX[/flag] [flag=español (Spanish)]es[/flag] American English (en-US) English (en)
Advanced (I hope)/Espero que no se me olvide: [flag=français (French)]fr[/flag]
In love with/Me encantan: [flag=ελληνικά (Greek)]el[/flag] [flag=português (Portuguese)]pt[/flag]
Also intested in/También me interesarían: [flag=العربية (Arabic)]ar[/flag] [flag=italiano (Italian)]it[/flag] [flag=Türkçe (Turkish)]tr[/flag]

Fox Saint-Just

Postby Fox Saint-Just » 2013-11-12, 19:59

I'm starting to post Ardlang lessons here, if you are interested: http://ardlang.tumblr.com/
Native: [flag=]it[/flag] [flag=]egl[/flag] B2: [flag=]en[/flag] Intermediate: [flag=]de[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag] Curious about: [flag=]ru[/flag] [flag=]hy[/flag] [flag=]eu[/flag] [flag=]nah[/flag] [flag=]ga[/flag] [flag=]sr[/flag]
[flag=]art[/flag] Currently developing Ardlang: http://www.unilang.org/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=40076.

Ahzoh

Postby Ahzoh » 2013-11-16, 17:05

I could teach you Arkéan, but it only has inadequate amount of words...
A native of [flag=]en-CA[/flag]
Conlang: Image
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.46

SostiMatiko

glad to meet you!

Postby SostiMatiko » 2013-12-21, 13:30

Hello, if you wish to learn a conlang, i think there can be no easier that SostiMatiko, blog/Sost%20ematiko/systematic_language_at_work_cant_get_any_easier_b-1083.html
well, i suppose others have said the same about their own, you just read the funny story from the link given and judge for yourself.

sakao SostiMatika frasimo mit jadero! =it is a pleasure to talk in the Systematic (language) together with someone else!
ॐ भूर् भु॑वः सुवः त॑त् सवितु॑र् व॑रेणियं भ॑र्गो देव॑स्य धीमहि धि॑यो यो॑ नः प्रचोद॑यात्

Manzoku

Postby Manzoku » 2016-04-13, 5:56

Ive been working on my conlang for a while and learned the large majority of it, I would be glad to teach it to someone! XD Its called Kamitogo, and largely based on east and southeast Asian languages and a little bit of English.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2016-04-13, 20:29

hashi wrote:An yogeiya tas, evi stat eg Niđalosu opri or onšoem tog il yomakevu asiyo. Mo so oš tasita, an mo eg sravi i negau okvali, i anu koal os, moa šitamunu kendiša.

I'd offer but I have neither the time nor patience to teach anyone Niđalos. If you were really that keen I could send you the materials and answer questions when I'm around haha.

Same thing still applies, but I feel compelled to update the text above since that is three years old.

An yogeiya tasi, evi Niđalosu opri orna tog li yomakevu mael asiyo. Sou siya sani tasita, mo eg šavi i negau okvaliya, anu koal so, moa šitamunu kendiša.

Return to “Conlangs”