Text Translations

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

hashi
Text Translations

Postby hashi » 2011-05-10, 11:01

I thought it would be a good idea to use this thread to post translations of longer texts we have done and want to show off (maybe sticky it? :P).
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

hashi

Re: Text Translations

Postby hashi » 2011-05-10, 11:02

The bear and the travellers

Two travellers were on the road together, when a bear suddenly appeared on the scene. Before he observed them, one made for a tree at the side of the road, and climbed up into the branches and hid there.

The other was not so nimble as his companion; and, as he could not escape, he threw himself on the ground and pretended to be dead.

The bear came up and sniffed all round him, but he kept perfectly still and held his breath: for they say that a bear will not touch a dead body. The bear took him for a corpse, and went away.

When the coast was clear, the traveller in the tree came down, and asked the other what it was the bear had whispered to him when he put his mouth to his ear.

The other replied, "He told me never again to travel with a friend who deserts you at the first sign of danger."

Misfortune tests the sincerity of friendship.

Komo i rogniam na ta

Rogniamu na ta maloka rogniva, dan evđae mae al komoi preduina us asuriva. Evđa skalava mae, rogniam na ud gatae ruksi alna samen uši kaksiva or laupe oe nupriva.

Anađ rogniam yuva onsani iruviođ oš eva makokit i ev kaunišayon, đo ev dutia oe yoniva i šinila yumsiva.

Komo dutia oena rogniam ot arkiva i ev uđ loigiva, evi rogniam uštođka staniđ i sudavu šopiva, đo komo šinilana kardau tasiyon op vlomađ. Komo ev yu šinikard op amiva, i ev iv dramiva.

Kolapui ovarava os, samen alna rogniam oruriva i anađ rogniam eg, komoa gude eva mima tikođka ugogiva os, vri komo kuepiva op prostiva.

Anađ rogniam "apunia skalita mo iv kašina yuda og matel rogio op ev an eg vlomiva" op kendiva.

Onyošerka yudađnae vistinu miđ.

Комо и рогниам на та

Рогниаму на та малока рогнива, дан евџае мае ал комои предуина ус асурива. Евџа скалава мае, рогниам на уд датае рукси ална самен уши каксива ор лаупе ое нуприва.

Анаџ рогниам јува онсани ирувиоџ ош ева макокит и ев каунишајон, џо ев дутиа ое јонива и шинила јумсива.

Комо дутиа оена рогниам от аркива и ев уџ лоигива, еви рогниам уштоџка станиџ и судаву шопива, џо комо шинилана кардау тасијон оп вломаџ. Комо ев ју шиникард оп амива, и ев ив драмива.

Колапуи оварава ос, самен ална рогниам орурива и анаџ рогниам ег, комоа гуде ева мима тикоџка угогива ос, ври комо куепива оп простива.

Анаџ рогниам „апуниа скалита мо ив кашина јуда ог мател рогио оп ев ан ег вломива„ оп кендива.

Онјошерка јудаџнае вистину миџ.
Last edited by hashi on 2011-05-25, 1:15, edited 1 time in total.

Æxylis

Postby Æxylis » 2011-05-14, 10:21

I'm working on translating this into csara... here's what I have so far (I'll edit this as I add more to it):

Okay, full translation time:

edit: the translation may change slightly, but now there are three official versions of the language.

Meznoð tarakuhisku
мезноҩ тарађиску
ميزنوذ ترهسك

The bear with the travelers

Haksemambahakittarakith tirsihu, vastetfuaharśmeznoð ćraza. Nalkanunđikikekso, taraśzakimkespo tirihupsimvalsebalerhoś, i paruhalś balerhopsetantolesc i racnaharś erveshoze.
ђаксемамбађакиттаракитђ тирсиђу, вастетфуађарцмезноҩ чраза. налканунѓикикексо, тарацзакимкеспо тириђупсимвалсебалерђоц, и паруђалц балерђопсетантолеџ и рашнађарц ервесђозе.
هكسيممبهكتتركته ترسه, ىستيتفهرضميزنوذ ظرز. نلكننديككيكسو, ترضزكمكيسقو ترهقسمىلسيبليرهوض, إ قرهلض بليرهوقسيتنتوليص إ رشنهرض يرىيسهوزي.

While two travelers were together on a road, suddenly there appeared a bear in sight. Before he noticed them, one of them went towards a tree on the side of the road, and climbed up into the tree's branches and hid himself there.

Hilcvenalśárlicnasahakipsu; i, hakeatrandanś, faseharśki axþortansc i púlðiśaerose.
ђилшвеналцӕрлишнасађакипсу; и, ђакеатранданц, фасеђарцки ахҵортанџ и пүлҩицаеросе.
هلشىينلضعرلشنسهكقس; إ, هكيترندنض, فسيهرضك خثورتنص إ قعلذضيروسي.

He was not as agile as the other his companion; and, since he couldn't flee, he jumped onto the ground surface and pretended to be a corpse.

Kiatraśmeznoð i horefckinks, a patraki lantenalcanta i halïmu: viyandaraq "patrameznoð aeretso". Laħnameznoð "aki aereso", i poetra.
киатрацмезноҩ и ђорефшкинкс, а патраки лантеналшанта и ђалуъиму: виғандараъ "патрамезноҩ аеретсо". лаћнамезноҩ "аки аересо", и поетра.
كترضميزنوذ إ هوريفشكنكس, أ قترك لنتينلشنت إ هلام: ىغندرا "قترميزنوذ أيريتسو". لحنميزنوذ "أك أيريسو", إ قويتر.

The bear approached and started to smell near him, but he remained completely immobile and didn't breath: since it is said "a bear leaves a corpse alone".

Ialaŋga, prahaluśbalerhozetarakith i fitáħśáksár “sillambaki okolatsahakipsu naħraŋkstipsu viyarkitiksu ar?”.
йалаӈга, прађалуцбалерђозетаракитђ и фитӕћцӕксӕр “силламбаки околатсађакипсу наћраӈкстипсу виғаркитиксу ар?”.
يلنّگ, قرهلضبليرهوزيتركته إ فتعحضعكسعر “سللمبك أوكولتسهكقس نحرنّكستقس ىغركتكس أر?”

After this occurred, the traveler at the tree lowered himself and inquired to the other one "What did he say to you when he put his nose near your ear?".

Ifáħtemśár ”viyarś ”Hamsaħtä taravicnaska nalkanundic kiŧraþaksa i keatrama””.
ифӕћтемцӕр ”виғарц ”ђамсаћтаъа таравишнаска налканундиш киќраҵакса и кеатрама””.
إفعحتيمضعر ”ىغرض ”همسحتا ترىشنسك نلكنندش كتيرثكس إ كيترم””.

The other responded "He said not to repeat the traveling with one who flees because he has just noticed danger".

Sunemkaroħla vicapsansuntetsok.
сунемкарођла вишапсансунтетсок.
سنيمكروهل ىشقسنسنتيتسوك.

Misfortune tests the truth of friendship.
Last edited by Æxylis on 2011-05-21, 9:04, edited 3 times in total.
Если хочешь говорить со мной по скайпу, мой скайп нейм - jaakuuta
If you want to speak with me on Skype, my Skype name is jaakuuta

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2011-05-16, 1:46

I'm working on translating the first couple paragraphs of "The Tell-Tale Heart" into Culaic. It'll be interesting trying not to translate word-for-word, a problem I encounter all too often. I'll update this post as I finish more.

Aweánya cauma, Edacerresa Alannesa Pose*
"The Tell-Tale Heart," by Edgar Allan Poe

WIA! Satre, satre ya, ya cadam ba wembe i we; ma wona leacuwe ta we caude? Arantissyei holomba ro statálmai, enhomyeivad, emmanyeivad. Yomam ambe weánya mumba. Mumbyeiye saldaïn ro cvarai i balmaïn roi. Mumbyeiye cadetteïn ronacvarai. Cveiwa we caude, leacuyec. Mombewem, i raumeo ta be seldewuc o ranteuto saltam i catam.

TRUE! nervous, very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease had sharpened my senses, not destroyed, not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How then am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily, how calmly, I can tell you the whole story.

Beleaco cveiwa be leacu cveiwa cvéndyei stata torálmálya, ma, sea tecvendówio, cámbe hacautei ta bai rummunam. Énwiu starai. Énwiu storai. Palmyeiye bélmei paurai. Emlantuwwiwam. Enhoselduwwiwam. Bai enhostólyei ceacálta. Bestato ta tewa hocatet raumálta! Wia, ta ambe! Tebawinwia tase ro ráumálta sletaün slaseaurran ou – pale, leate rauma. Bai cádyei ráumewaméiltan ro tembau, i baweálwia slodam sletu bélmei paurai. Bëoslodwílio raumau claiyewam.

It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain, but, once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Object there was none. Passion there was none. I loved the old man. He had never wronged me. He had never given me insult. For his gold I had no desire. I think it was his eye! Yes, it was this! One of his eyes resembled that of a vulture – a pale blue eye with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me my blood ran cold, and so by degrees, very gradually, I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye for ever.

* The speakers of Culaic insist on all foreign names fitting into their pronunciation rules; the undeclined form of the name is 'Edacer Alan Po'
Last edited by Dormouse559 on 2011-05-16, 22:00, edited 3 times in total.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Æxylis

Postby Æxylis » 2011-05-16, 3:28

It's often impossible for me to translate word for word as the grammar of csara doesn't permit it. :D

for example, what I have up there so far would be more like:
"bear with traveller(s)

while two traveller(s) are together on (a) road, suddenly appeared (a) bear at view...
before he observed of them, gone one of them towards on road's side tree and raised self into tree's branch and hid self at that spot..."
Если хочешь говорить со мной по скайпу, мой скайп нейм - jaakuuta
If you want to speak with me on Skype, my Skype name is jaakuuta

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2011-06-24, 7:12

Here is the Culaic translation of hashi's fable.

Mëarca i o arantoto
The Bear and the Travelers

Wela de sua arantoto baltálya taita, cvona cvendúmio mearca raumombam. Wëa ta raumuvad, wombummiwa ta sálwau báltaün bridau, i tëombómio o bresálya, i tenassómio dósya.

There were two travelers on the road, when a bear came into sight. Before it saw them, one went toward a tree on the side of the road, and climbed among the branches, and hid among them.

Ta ámbe caude taura uotéltaïn ensunoit henam; i, yumbe ta tobe enwelcu, tahambómio, i ta cámbe sletam.

The other person was not his companion's equal in speed; and, as he could not escape, threw himself down, and behaved as though dead.

Cvendúmio mëarca i monummiva tau, la tesamommiwa i seldummiwa nen, yumbe ta lëacuwon ta cëanu mëarca ensleteit. Terantómio mëarca ta te ámbe sleteit, i wombúmio tase.

The bear came and sniffed all round him, but he kept still and did not breathe, for they tell us that a bear does not touch a dead body. The bear believed he was a corpse, and went from him.

Sëa storan temba, tëambómio arántot wia salwau, i lëacummiwa caude taurai, "Hacvarúmio mëárca hunai cvona ta cambe walsáltai raumálsau?"

After the incident, the traveler in the tree came down and asked the other person, "What did it whisper when it put its face to your ear?"

Seldúmio caude taura, “Lëacummivam ta torduye enwecu taurase wálce base tamudeu témbau cvona raumuwa emlantai.”

The other person said, "It told me that I must not travel with a person who deserts me the first time he sees danger."

Ayumbu embema storotíssaïn belai.

Last edited by Dormouse559 on 2011-07-20, 7:40, edited 7 times in total.

Milya0

Postby Milya0 » 2011-06-24, 12:36

I have thought it is Mickiewicz's fable "Przyjaciele". I didn't know that's Aesop, who first wrote it.
Qroo₃₁ kaa₄ cro₂ kraa₃ kaa₄ qo₄₁ cra₄₁ ka₄ qoo₄₂ krá₄₂.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2011-06-24, 16:03

All I knew was that hashi brought it to my attention first. I didn't have any idea who wrote it. But now that I check, I can see that you're right.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2011-06-24, 23:20

Dormouse559 wrote:All I knew was that hashi brought it to my attention first. I didn't have any idea who wrote it. But now that I check, I can see that you're right.

I got it from the UL resources section.

razlem

Postby razlem » 2011-06-25, 4:50

The Bear and the Travellers
Nenoko je re Safaromo

Two travellers were on the road together, when a bear suddenly appeared on the scene. Before he observed them, one made for a tree at the side of the road, and climbed up into the branches and hid there.

Don safaromo me dave hodos, te kuse nenoko radu me gia de re ro. Ante ro me via re ro, ajn safaromo hirosu me gia de pohono dave ondo swe hodos, je bara dave re wano je bimiru esa doje.

The other was not so nimble as his companion; and, as he could not escape, he threw himself on the ground and pretended to be dead.

Andero me ne hirosi te kane ri akiso. Fene ro me neare gia, ro idu esa dave nehaso je me idenoa ro me metimi.

The bear came up and sniffed all round him, but he kept perfectly still and held his breath: for they say that a bear will not touch a dead body. The bear took him for a corpse, and went away.

Nenoko gia de ro je buruna nive ro, mitse safaromo me bati je ne eara- re ro ansa nenoko ne ke mana metimi tero. Nenoko me noa ro me metimi tero, je wese gia.

When the coast was clear, the traveller in the tree came down, and asked the other what it was the bear had whispered to him when he put his mouth to his ear.

Te kuse me parane, safaromo ine pohono dore gia je me tsimuna andero te koge nenoko me ansa de ro te kuse ro esa ri berano de ri ero.

The other replied, "He told me never again to travel with a friend who deserts you at the first sign of danger."

Andero me ansa, "Ro ansa de wo nuse safara mwe akiso te kome wese gia de ajni isjaro swe vesejo."

Vesejo kopita istino swe akisosojuso.
Last edited by razlem on 2011-07-15, 1:38, edited 4 times in total.
American English (en-us)::German (de)::Standard Spanish (es) Swedish (sv) Mandarin (zh)::Choctaw (cho) Finnish (fi) Irish (ir) Arabic (ar)
Image wia wi nehas-kolwatos lae angos! Check out my IAL Angos
Image Contributor to the Houma Language Project
I have a YouTube channel! I talk about languages and stuff: Ben DuMonde

Gaelg

Postby Gaelg » 2011-06-26, 14:24

Bjórán ej dua-ojallaiden

Rathkin gab co-dua-ojallai, nó artkin rósga gab banuthka bjóral. Áth á gab boskulé, erbral tauen-dla-rathánni gab bamélo, ej hutelinasa gab búpo ej uq gab bimelo

Dur éndur-amu gabkel éren dur bos, ej ósco gab bavodé ga flítt, lurkin gab bakanué égun ej bastofal gab bisvué ga.

Tos éjeg gab baven bjórán ej gab basníthé, elk pardi dosk gab bakuqé ej énhusth gab bahuldé: ósco bastofal kurpal ca natuskkel bjóral, ga bidéá. Bastofal kurp gabé, gab bathé bjórán, ej gab bemélé ók

Nó saf gabú, erbnan gab baven dua-ojalla ju, ej gab bafain éren, kó ésa tla babidé bjórán nó énbol énkunana gab barté.

Gab baro-bidé éren "res ikuj amucol ga ojalla, oteun kík-dla-osbalni" gab babidéé

Guman-dla-coamuni ga ohai disgu

Oll, drol gabse - Well, that was fun :D

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2011-07-07, 19:48

Tewa Déimsa owai?
Where is James?

Dowe Déimsa i Maria perarátien. Tewa brecauta beme owrunam, wiu yome satra. La wámbe yome cota worunam! Dos bambe enhastoru hasaldam tembase. Palmu hastoru Déimsa i Maria, hastoruwo perarátien wu yómbei waïn taita ro tembau.

James and Mary are in the garden. The weather is nice today, it is very warm. But yesterday it was very cold! They could not play outside then. James and Mary love to play, they always play in the garden together in front of the big house.

Tewa Déimsa tutai i claiwa de yedeb. Tewa pela poláltai, claiwa de yuwia. Woiwa Déimsa hasëaïr, tewa sear perarátien dossesa* tembau. Palmu hastoru sëar o sua harendai. Tewa sëar lombe ya tembau.

James is a little boy, and he is six years old. The little girl is his sister, she is five years old. James has a small dog, the dog is also in the garden now. The dog likes to play with the two children. The dog is very happy now.

Woiwa Maria sëaïr du Déimsa?* Ei, woiwa Maria ensëaïr, woiwa lentai. La tewa lénta wánien, temune lenta.

Does Mary also have a dog? No, Mary does not have a dog, she has a cat. But the cat is in the house, the cat is sleeping.

Tewa yodëamálda wánien lentase, arraumuwa cecase i raumu Déimsai i Mariai ta hastoru. Walcu Déimsa yómbeu, bélmeu sálwau henam, tenassewa Mariase. Yumbuwe wonai? Tecvalme Maria i samu o yendáltai wea o raumáltai. Tobe raumu nen i cenuwa. Claiwat wonai? I claiwa Déimsa hunai salwau?

Their mother is inside the house with the cat, she looks through the window and sees James and Mary playing. James runs quickly to a big, old tree, he is hiding from Mary. Do you know why? Mary is sitting and has her hands in front of her eyes. She cannot see a thing and is counting. Why is she doing that? And what is James doing near the tree?

Tewa hastora. Arraumu Maria tembau ta aslodissuwa cenu. Ayumbuccawa Déimsai: cvendummiwa owai? Raumummiwet?

It is a game. When Mary has finished counting she looks around. She is searching for James: where did he go? Did you see him?

*Culaic has no word meaning "also"; in these cases "dossesa" means "with them [James and Mary]" and "du Déimsa" means "like James does"

Argor

Milky Way

Postby Argor » 2011-07-21, 9:42

Milky Way
Our home, lost amidst the vast universe, is the Milky Way galaxy. Within it is the solar system, where the Earth is located. It is here on this planet that we human beings are born, live, and die. Such is human destiny. One day, however, we shall travel to other planets, other star systems, and even other galaxies. The stars are ours!

SILARG / Western alphabet:
Irt.
Irt syd nju qej. Syd amtj ol u mag pan. syd ol yl di wyd Inti ol wyd Ges. Ej syd ol oz plaht di nasud, witud, tanud, awz u oms. Taw syd u omaw stin. Ma y dil dqwurf yt plahts, yt rhezh ei yt qejs. Udk u stejs !

SILARG / Argpal script:

MP3 Pronunciation
Last edited by Argor on 2011-08-06, 8:31, edited 1 time in total.
www.argor.org
Argor, u Silarg lihg ej Argpal scaqh "mowst" fihdqor
Argor, "modest" inventor of Silarg language and Argpal script

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2011-08-04, 12:26

Nice thread, it's nice to see what a language actually looks like when you have a text in stead of just one sentence. Here's the conlang I created to translate this specific piece of text (I deleted all the grammar and feel slightly sorry I did).

Vëtör ökälo,

Ñeyube iil dëgam iiyëyak neno. Rämen, ula o viildè biraz ërtek. Bätuza wëwo, äyel herez äyëzor vatöri imrà. Öwuza herzam vähic, ñog käblan vè bäzrab yi, o rëz. Ñubelan viildè hata öwul käblän vè bäzräb, rämen rëmin belki halà ya biraz ëräzim ëkänockätäbi. Dëyiza danay mëme gaväli, däyi ag kanac. Ökunuc kanac, amà ag öyuz kanac. IIyule nölra yol. Duzanam joñam vè guruna näkät ëkärani. Ola äbëst ya dëyiz, kuzoma özam zac ëbiit bäramiid. Vè rañkilma o ägec zon wiñ Rözetà taca.
Ala bu Rözetà tacar. Rözetà ëbabira, cuñ ëyezed bu dëgam. Ela biraz döli herzam öbunuza: 'Gò, kunica äbëst hañi känac azlun, ruzut gibi.' Vè zon beñan karlïzi ayi öcuñezam bu ëmaktab o hadeva bahaciyam hemen. Biñan ag ëdëyiz rëz halà ya viildè, amà ëyila ñoyarar. Bukekan zöz neno wi ënut dädo ñog bà väñziyon. Özehoban ula barc mätin ëba känäci vè ula o tam özuhaban ëli. Ayila ag äyelnalac yakimacina, amà ula canz këcak ökumin yo ëzun oñ matiin. Ulam këyib benam cimdì rämen. Zo cok cänz,

äbëst öyaz

To future readers,

We should not make this too easy for you. Although, maybe that would be a bit mean, because it was promised that in future everything will be harder already. A desert which is flooding the whole time, without tigers and polar bears, those kind of things. Maybe you don’t even know what those are, tigers and polar bears, although maybe a few of them have still remained in fairytale novels. But surely the world will have changed a lot and hence the language. The language we are speaking, but also the language we are writing. Just the way in which we write. I’m moving my fingers and letters are appearing on a screen. That used to be totally different, people just smirched their words on pyramids. And later one was able to deciphere that with the Rosetta Stone.
This is your Rosetta Stone. Rosetta Paper, because I will need to print this. There will always be a few weirdo’s who think: ‘Hey, what kind of language were they using back then, let’s research that.’ And then you will find between the messes this little paper, that I will bury in my garden for this purpose later. Maybe you have find also other things, but those will have been useless. The words will look at you like forgotten dodo’s, deprived of any function. A piece of text in more than one language was what you needed and that is exactly what you have got here. It could also have been a manual for the washing machine, but there is only a small chance that such texts have survived so long. I already lost mine. So good luck,

a past writer
Native: Dutch
Learns: Latin and French
Knows also (a bit): English, German, Turkish, Danish

Corrections appreciated.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2011-08-05, 20:02

Being an English speaker, I'm not totally used to very loose sentence structure, so I'm translating texts from novels to see how I might communicate a different mood with a certain structure. In this text from the beginning of the first Harry Potter book, I placed all instances "Dúrslia" (Dursley) as close to the beginnings of sentences and phrases as possible, to imply that the Dursleys are pushy and entitled.

Ro Dúrslia wámbe rosa dos hostoyémio*, la dos wambe eyúmbai sase, i cadummiwo yomam ta ayumbúccat taura. Cenummiwo énta dubac bemu ayumbuttoa ro Poteïro taura. Lóndeman Dúrsliaïn polai ámbe lóndema Poter, la decvendówio nen sea ronánusa; wëarrem lóndema Dúrslia tëumbissómio ta te wambe enpolai yumbe ta ensínya ro Dúrslia ro cláiyewameno ambe polálta i emmastombet brisálta. Ro Dúrslia cadúmio statu saï lëaceccoa o bauwanoto cvenduttoa ro Potero baltálya. Ro Dúrslia yumbúmio ta wambe ro Potero hatutai, du dos, la raumummiwo entai tamuddem. Ámbe tuta lómbe stara ta ro Potero amsanímio; dos hostorímio enta deséldevómio Dúdlia i hataura sínya sa.

The Dursleys had everything they wanted, but they also had a secret, and their greatest fear was that someone would discover it. They didn’t think they could bear it if anyone found out about the Potters. Mrs. Potter was Mrs. Dursley’s sister, but they hadn’t met for several years; in fact, Mrs. Dursley pretended she didn’t have a sister, because her sister and her good-for-nothing husband were as unDursleyish as it was possible to be. The Dursleys shuddered to think of what the neighbors would say if the Potters arrived in the street. The Dursleys knew that the Potters had a small son, too, but they had never even seen him. This boy was another good reason for keeping the Potters away; they didn’t want Dudley mixing with a child like that.

*Culaic has no relative pronouns and indicates relative clauses using the gerund form of the verb; "hostoyémio" is an example of the verb "hostoru" (to tempt) conjugated in the passive voice, past tense, and in gerund form; so "rosa dos hostoyémio" means "everything they were being tempted by"

xroox

Postby xroox » 2011-09-18, 21:54

Finally I made my translation!! But I translated from Spanish, so the English text doesn't match :(
I also made an exercise about what would my conlang look like 500 years after "conlanging present".

The beast from the sea

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

(Spanish version)

La Bestia del Mar
1 Y vi que Subía del mar una bestia que Tenía diez cuernos y siete cabezas. Sobre sus cuernos Tenía diez diademas, y sobre sus cabezas Había un nombre de blasfemia.
2 La bestia que vi era semejante a un leopardo; sus pies eran como de oso, y su boca como la boca de León. Y el Dragón le dio su poder y su trono y grande autoridad.
3 Vi una de sus cabezas como herida de muerte, pero su herida mortal se Había sanado. Y toda la tierra se Maravilló en pos de la bestia,
4 y adoraron al Dragón porque le Había dado autoridad a la bestia, y adoraron a la bestia diciendo: "¿Quién es semejante a la bestia, y quién puede combatir contra ella?"
5 Y a la bestia le fue dada una boca que hablara insolencias y blasfemias, y le fue dada autoridad para actuar por cuarenta y dos meses.
6 Y Abrió su boca en blasfemias contra Dios, para blasfemar contra su nombre y contra su Tabernáculo, es decir, contra los que tienen morada en el cielo.
7 Y le fue permitido hacer guerra contra los santos y vencerlos. También le fue dado poder sobre toda raza y pueblo y lengua y Nación.
8 Y le Adorarán todos los habitantes sobre la tierra, cuyos nombres no Están inscritos en el libro de la vida del Cordero, quien fue inmolado desde la Fundación del mundo.
9 Si alguno tiene Oído, oiga:
10 Si alguien lleva en cautividad, es llevado en cautividad; si alguien mata a espada, tiene que ser muerto a espada. ¡Aquí Está la perseverancia y la fe de los santos!

Dejnaj!!! (translated from the Spanish Version)

Emasejn enegetehr
1. Er đizámil fumázejnul men jy lhycilhéc ilh enegetow , ën lhexurráli lhemísëzul nhalhur oc za lhúzta úxag. Jy lhemísëztu na lhexurráli zablebenkírissaul nhalhur oc er jy lhúztatu lhađijucisí gikav kotoxehr.
2. Emasejn mun đizámil ani arspasájka, lhedawë’umo ani aráter, er lhekógt ani lhekógt arsájka’n. Er lheđibavnélilëx eDacanháwa enyfejtul za egárissaul lécn, za enypajsnul nr.
3. Đizámil lhúzta oc nyr ani lhexlabirií ën lheruluúr, behr obëxlábi edxúlur lécn fu’u lheđinsidyý. Er lhupireré egigéndawc ixrom nhu emásejnul.
4. Er glađilhujaróbli eDacanhawaul behr lheđibavnélilëx enypajsnul emásejnëx, er glađilhujárobli emásejn ën glyctolêl: Gamom ani emásejn, er gamom glakirajejtil?
5. Er lhađibavnerél emásejnëx gikógt ën esána gikotox za gicivtólë, er lhađibavnerél enypájsn cre lhy’kam ugo kázmuru týlhnalh ýboŧ.
6. Er lheđolhádril lhekógt cre lheđikoxtolë as Ýzk, cre lheđikoxtolë as ŧykáv za ŧyjaráddë, as lizjom ën lixurrálđë oxrúzubul wostíjecu ftí.
7. Er glađazél lhiccarkám as gijárum er lheđiztújejtil. Lhiín lhađibavnerél enyfejt pej zat i aredxahte, i arajanab, i đehr, i arndossa.
8. Er glarlhujaróbil giukívne egéndawcow ixrom mun glohsaroroó glakáv enózŧow enytaln jigedn, léc mun lheđmarnereés ilh wobkowrolhádrë egéndawcn.
9. Ŧn glaxurrái narom fuplhađ, glaplhađík:
10. Ŧn glanémecil narom, glanerémecil. Ŧn glarekkál narom ns fulájrid, glarekkarábal ns fulájrid. Cijow enynhuhore za esynh egijárum’n.

Tine (500 years later)
Eβáiin eneetθua
1. Aa rzáβiw mwáiinuu man je jukilé ju enéetθu, an leurráji leβízzuu naluró’ za lúttθa uhar. Je leβízzuu á leurráji zoolenkxírsoo naluró’ aa je lúttθaθu larjukší ikxé kxoθohua.
2. Eβáiin mun rzáβiw en aapfhéexa, letóoβo en rátθer, aa lekxooθ aaheekxan. Aa lerpenéju eTakanáa eníitθuu za járisoo leken, za enpféenuu níe.
3. Rzáβiw lúttθa oníe en lelaprié an luluóre’, pua oplápi júlur leken wu lernitié aa lupfireré ejéntoo’ íruu nu eβáiinuu.
4. Aa larluarópli eTakanáa pua lerpenéju enpféenuu mu eβáiin, aa larluáropli eβáiin an le’tθólu: atθóoθe en eβáiin, aa’ atθóoθe lakxrejtiu?
5. Aa larpentréu mu eβáiin ikxooθ an esaná ikxoθoo za ikjetθou, aa larpentréu enpféen kre le’kxa wo kxázuru tθeunau epeŧz.
6. Aa lerlátriu lekxóoθ kre lerkootθóu kee Ézza, kre lerkootθóu kee ŧzéxe za ŧzjarát, kee lizjo an liurráur orrúzupuu wostjéku tθí.
7. Aa larzéu li’karká kee ijáruu aa lerztθújθiu. Jén larpentréu eníitθ pfi i retaatθe i rejanap, i ruá za i aantosa.
8. Aa laluarópe’ju jukxéne jéntuu íruu mun loosaroruó lakxé enózŧuu entθáun jíeten, lek mun leruarneriée ju oo’kxuurolátri jéntuun.
9. Ŧzin laurrée naro upla’, laplarikx!
10. Ŧzin lanéekiu naro, laneréekiu. Ŧzin larexkáu naro nis úleri’, larexkarápau nis úleri’. Kiu ennuóre za éen ijárun.
Quiero una ciruela flotando en perfume... en un sombrero de hombre

lisenushka

Postby lisenushka » 2011-09-27, 3:06

In Gorlandish.

Ma Mira ta-j Bojari

Lády kál ésyavan túkürely dúv bojari ojedét, hany kál mira t-ésyály losyanjet. Man bes ocyát aneglosyjet, kal ronavjak odzyentely túküráj ranroldjet, a-j ronákössbeka lastjet a kött ulahanjet.

Vany trámóc to samil bestaj syojet — a, tój nasy ranroldül, to kurzély lyikjet a cyekjano syidestinéjjet.

Batsyi ocá ma mira vünéjjet, al syéj ajet a éstyálocet hazyjet — tój kazyjedy, de mira kál cyekjanót syicyekansje. Vany cyekjanó ma mira asósyjet, randukjet.

Hany ukráne ojet, ronaran to bojaro ajet, a to samilran spékéjjet, cyá ma mira ulasyétihjet, hany öngelocety khújsocot kösnajjet.

To samil kazyjet, „Ittan kazyjet, syisoj kós trámovan bojü, ady vógladvon kaláj ularandukje“.

Syipák to destinet húlátrámój éskénéjje.

Kēwēkamē

Postby Kēwēkamē » 2011-11-03, 18:13

I'll do the bear with the travelers later. In the meantime, I was bored one rainy afternoon... so here, have the song from Portal. It's not an exact translation (noticeably, it's 'Alive', not 'Still Alive') because I took great pains to make it actually rhyme and be sing-able. :wink:

Mek on-sk’ā rasal.
(This was a triumph.)
Juno ye susun’ā: RASILO.
(Now I note down: SUCCESS.)
Yeno branu ekēkēn-set’ā ravol.
(My satisfaction is hard to exaggerate.)

Apajer Sīens:
(Aperture Science [as a company name, I kept it the same])
Yõ umau um’ā
(We do what we do [lit. ‘we do doing’])
Vanu brona.
(Because of the capability to do so.)
Ta yõno faren aku
(For the good of all of us)
Ēta sokõ rēnaset.
(Except the dead ones.)

Ēel zan su tohotõ faren mīdon’ā.
(But don’t cry over every mistake.)
Luka-tīl’ā ago ja kākau itɾen'ā,
(Keep trying until you [whom I consider my equal] run out of cake,)
Melē kulun-set’ā,
(The science is done,)
Ja vornau melit’ā
(You make a gun)
T’sokõoē zus āl’ā lunalet.
(For the ones who are alive.)

Ye zan āl’ā zazu
(I’m not angry.)
Y’āl’ā šado lulu juno
(I'm being very sincere right now.)
Þē junēla ja yau rēnazel-sk’ā
(Sincerely, even though you killed me.)
Ae yau exip'ā.
(And ripped me up.)
Ye kalen-setsk’ā rak talana.
(I was discarded [in]to a fire.)
In pexē ae munuzē, ye kuku lulu su ja!
(During the pain and burning, I was very happy for you!)

Juno alfõ fēlerau lapa deltan’ā,
(Now this data forms a lovely line,)
Ae yõ balēnau inkala vaman’ā.
(And we [referring to the facility] are leaving beta testing on time.)
Y’āl’ā ELVa su mek.
(I am pleased with this.) [I actually managed to keep the pun - see below.]
Furel gali-setsk'ā ek
(Many things were learned through the use of)
Vanõoē zus āl’ā lunalet.
(The people who are still alive.)

Þē, yau vaman’ā va.
(Really, leave me behind)
Y’anravelau vīul’ā juno.
(I prefer to stay here [in both time and place])
Ja šavanau kara kerin-rosdɾ’ā.
(Maybe you'll find some other helpful person.)

Roza: Blak Māsa.
(Possibly Black Mesa.)
PĒPĒ AKU.
(Good joke.)
HAHA LENBE.
(Good luck [sarcastic].)
Medik kāk āl’ā yana;
(Anyway, this cake is fantastic;)
Al āl’ā donga lulu.
(It's extremely delicious.)

Ye walal’ā ēla
(I’m talking while)
Melē nepa kulu.
(The science is unfinished.)
Juno y’āl’ā ELVa su ye zan on’ā kyu.
(Here and now I am pleased that I am not you [whom I greatly respect].)
Y’aren’ā melēnõ
(I have experiments)
Ae pago aʒu gaulõ
(And research to set into motion)
Ek sokõoē zus āl’ā lunalet.
(On the people who are alive.)

Yau hadɾal'ā, y’āl’ā lunalet.
(Belive me, I am alive.)

Melēau melit’ā, y’āl’ā lunalet.
(Doing Science, I am alive.)

Y’āl’ā YANA ae y’āl’ā lunalet.
(I feel FANTASTIC and I am alive.)

In ja rēnan'ā, y’āl’ā lunalet.
(While you’re dying, I am alive [and I will no longer greatly respect you (because I will outlive you), though you will still be my equal].)

In ja rēnaset, y’āl’ā lunalet.
(While you’re dead, I am at that time alive.)

LUNALET.
(Alive.)

JUNOLA.
(Even now.)

P.S. GLaDOS, the Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System, became ELVaŠA, Elbēa Lunela Voyok-mēna ae Šolden Abagonõ-mēna. (The Unique Genetic Lifeform and Electronic Data Storage System). 'Elva' being the word for 'pleasure', the pun remained.
I am a conlanger, a master scuba diver, a belly dancer, a schizotypal introvert, an author, a geek, a psychologist, a gamer, a Whovian, a pianist, a clarinetist, a sailor, a CGI artist, a singer, a Psychonaut, a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a candlestick-maker, and a magic-bean-buyer. Who are you?

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-01-20, 0:01

So razlem asked in the Vaar als Nään thread if the person after him was translating a song into his language. I answered no, but that made me want to at least try. I decided to keep it simple so I chose "The River Lullaby" from "The Prince of Egypt". I think it's a beautiful song, but it also has a simple rhyme scheme and lyrics.

Here's an excerpt from the film containing the song (it begins around 3:50)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYZ1H74qzl0

"Rôgà alîm Mezulà"
/ɾɔ̃gɐ alɛ̃m mɛzulɐ/
"Lullaby by the River"

Ueri bebe pi, nes agiâ, fû fuar
/wɛɾi bɛbɛ pi nɛs agjɑ̃ fœ̃ fwaɾ/
My beautiful baby, don’t be scared, you're safe

Driom, bre ur pî lirû
/dɾiɔm bɾɛ uɾ pɛ̃ lirœ̃/
Sleep, float along with my voice

Gâ mezulà pim bü syubmizyar
/gɑ̃ mɛzulɐ pim by ʃubmiʒaɾ/
This lullaby of mine is the last

Ma fuisi ur lî má rasuû.
/ma fwisi uɾ lɛ̃ ma raswœ̃/
But I'll be with you when you dream.

O rôk, o gizy Nil, ueprü pî af lit
/ɔ ɾɔ̃k ɔ giʒ nil wɛpɾy pɛ̃ af lit/
O river, o great Nile, my son is yours

Ôgaf ia, uks ia mâzal
/ɔ̃gaf ja uks ja mɑ̃zal/
Carry him, take care of him too

Pedazû ila me avü katii?
/pɛdazœ̃ ila mɛ avy katji/
Do you know of a place that has freedom?

O rôk, ome hit, fustal.
/ɔ ɾɔ̃k ɔmɛ hit fustal/
O river, look after him, please.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-03-17, 4:44

I've finally finished translating "The North Wind and the Sun".

Oregàuga xet Uerû

Oregàuga xet uerû piastaberiâ xet ti böri fôgeder osazyü nyîlerià. Xîserüâ lîsrazyà syubmisti af strafü sisyüddi gîzi tte ur ûdenühnût xet xîsazü nari örâdderü sizyà kamazyà buhi xinà.

Oregàuga nepori kamazyà ; xet, emiodar erà fôgiori iorinà gokolu iale, e ttenüsterü ur kemu, speliî uiromazyà. E ttatrözerü buhi kemem lîsti e mistraseröt if nepaddà kani : ma má e ürerià syûdedrazyà, kemu emerü luttednazyà buhi xiorinà xet avü ioris go.

Ilü fiva uerem piomerü. Belerià kamazyà fiumrazyà ur ûdenühnût, nexi nepuerü gâsti buhi xekinà xet kîserü, sonyinyar ti if roxerià bilomazyà ur uedda xiorîdà : ilü belerià ebi fôgioraui xioribi xet, nyudal ti kemu dionömpü matristi, xi örâdderü duemazyà buhi xiorinà xet sylidionerü ûdionü xiorin mezedini vestimâtû.

Îptiû xüveder si fôgiori.

The North Wind and the Sun

The north wind and the sun began arguing, and each claimed that he was stronger. They finally agreed to test their powers on a traveler to see who could soonest remove his coat.

The north wind tried first; and, gathering all her* force for the attack, she descended upon the man, whirling furiously. She caught up the man's cloak as if she would wrest it from him by one single effort: but the harder she blew, the closer the man wrapped his cloak around himself.

Then came the turn of the sun. At first, he shone gently on the traveller, who soon unclasped his coat and walked with it hanging loosely from his shoulders: then he shone forth in his full strength, and the man, before he had gone many steps, was glad to throw his cloak right off and complete his journey more lightly clad.

Persuasion is better than force.

*The north wind is female in the English because oregàugà (north wind) is feminine in Mironese.
Last edited by Dormouse559 on 2012-03-17, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Conlangs”