Text Translations

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Ciarán12
Re: Text Translations

Postby Ciarán12 » 2012-03-17, 8:28

My conlang might be a bit young for this, I certainly had to work a few things out to get this translation, but I really like the Bear and the Travelers story so I took a shot at it.

Jónumuf/Jonumese Translation - The Bear and the Travelers
Neś Kúm ye Neś Samreffömeçe

Só samreffömeçe be čáleč neśec gåtan, rétaś, ge kúm be tuss śut. Dój ça be tecreffk éttle, ge sem be círé gei kú be yukram neśec yöt gåtan ertčaç, ye be júpye neiś bålčçe ye be fán.

Neś löč be yukiú mó grágle som neś semnöh, ye, mes be śe-śuftsamiú, be búf ral ye be śaçśuft mó be röhśčín.

Neś kúm be lóbu ye be búf tåśul mör ça, tór be śéteiú duçnål ye be śuftiú sah: ča yéstčín kúm búfiú be dacunul ge jekre be-röhśpet. Neś kúm be çam ça be yukram ge röhśjekre, ye be sam.

Be puçečiúk rásp duçnål, neś samrefföme be yotram be tögsam, ye be śéglum neśen löč jumt neś kum be yést neśeč silsa ča be búf tåśul röče časgačaç yó relé úrimčaç.

Neś löč be aurap, “Ča be sunúme če Jónum, śop Jón' samreffiú geft láme saléftram ram rú neśef yöt rásp čilelçečaç.”

Såniú tussulçe gröfe neś kasirt nón lámel.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-03-18, 4:57

I found this fable on the Conlangery website, gave it a title because I'm too lazy to go looking for the actual one, and translated it. I used French punctuation since that's what my Mironophones would use, however I didn't include spaces where they should be, because they're evil and don't get along well with line breaks. :evil:

What do you guys think of this: I translated "Some time later" as "Iflar trösiût" which means "During the Fall". I thought that perhaps that phrase has come into the language as meaning "some time later" regardless of when the story being told takes place. Do you think that's feasible?

Xödafiziî Bifokiunavu

Pedazipiehueli: kemu i bezûdi kâvotso okiunerià buevi xinà. Uerût kani, piepu kemu iomerü bifokiunavü sur xet mörupsiâ, «Ti okuniô buevi linà afme?» Bifokiunavu idderü, «Buevà po kamazyà okûsiöne; gomá e xîsazasü xüver üksiön okiunasi prûzyà aia.»

Ilü bifokiunavu dionerü em ttuesü xîd het ti eminyiorà xim neseruz cüirü âberü, xet okiunerià mâzal fami xiorinà. Piepu xiorinà rikeru boluginà fami bifokiunavem xet dionerü i lehü. «Nesû trâti mâzal fami linà okuniâ,» piepu idderü. «Gomá sume cüirü pouristi eminyiori e âbü, okiuni aia.»

Iflar trösiût, ti bifokiunavu em luttela kiunerià ueprü xiorin piepu omerià. Ilü, xi neserü iddü xasyi ma xi ttatrözerü bifokiunavu xet lôgeui ttatuedà okiûtaberià ia. Má afme piepu xekî okiunerià xekià, bifokiunavu mörupserià, piepu xî nüodderü, «Gomá sume nesü kuniâ listüzyi, xîsazasû kiunasi lià.»

The Chastened Donkey-Beater

There was once a man who beat his donkey every day. One day, a second man, who was a neighbor, came to the donkey-beater and asked, “Why do you beat your donkey?” The donkey-beater said, “Beating is all the donkey knows, I must beat him until he learns how to behave.”

The donkey-beater then went into his home and discovered his dinner wasn’t ready, so he beat his wife. His neighbor heard the screams of the donkey-beater’s wife and came to the door. “You should not beat your wife so much,” said the neighbor. “I beat her until she learns to have dinner ready on time.”

Some time later, the neighbor saw the donkey-beater beating his son in a field. This time, he did not say anything, but seized the donkey-beater and began to beat him with a heavy cudgel. When the donkey-beater asked why his neighbor was beating him, his neighbor replied, “I will beat you until you learn not to beat others.”
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Ciarán12

Postby Ciarán12 » 2012-03-25, 21:22

I wrote a short poem in English and then translated it into my conlang.

English
“Where do you go?” said the young to the old, “you have so little time!”
“You've learnt what you've learnt, and been what you've been, your jouney lacks reason or rhyme!”
“You'll soon be away, you can't keep it at bay, so why do you this pursue?”
“You know not what will be” said the old man to he, “I'm may have more time than you.”

Jónumuf
“Döt rú sam?” śú neś mal neśef bó, “rú méniú nål śetúr!”
“Rú léyç som rú léyç, ye be yok som be yok, śuçt mandčaç méniú śudečúr!”
“Rú gáriú be töś, śe-nahručiú ča, bå rú búf récul neś mand?”
“Rú taniú yakt bunré” śú neś bó neiś öné, “ ún rú bán be Jón' neśen reś çand!”

Ashucky

Postby Ashucky » 2012-03-28, 17:46

This is what I do instead of studying.

The translation of the text is under the comic. :)

Translation:
LaefêvëšiEnglish
Âââiiihh! Máčairraói imívaj alléjeu, nj-eixávvasløyrjâ nü dóke ʒátoissíatui. Aaahhhh! It's so wonderful to feel the sun gaining power again after this long ice age.
Svêrjētti! Kínieri! Kínieri, sêi ováttelkai! Sweden! Look! Look what I've made!
Þíhőstħéliu láwëŗlekai raéleu!I added a tower to my sand castle!
Váioivve, Nórgetti. Nólesøy hájo.Very nice, Norway. Looks good.
Reá illéše l-wǿnau. Ihívot nôbhőstau nø dûhtos ... The sound of the birds and sea. The feel of warm sand between the toes …
Svêrjēttixo, kínieri! Kínieri! Kínieri, Svêrjētti!Sweden look! Look! Look Sweden!
*lóiž* Táammaslai aválvaj, Nórgetti. Kínilasajivófê, su sý ... *sigh* I'm trying to relax, Norway. I can't keep looking every time you-
M-ováttelkai hőstatu l-wǿnast. Séi sávimóin?I made him out of sand and sea! Isn't he cute?
Ʒái!Hi!

This isn't a literal translation but it's the translation of the original text from the original comic.

8-)
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

Kēwēkamē

Postby Kēwēkamē » 2012-03-28, 21:48

Well, it took me long enough. Was supposed to be learning French - did this instead.

Þlab jø Tøgïvigë
Böngïvigë rømdrið tïddmøa hïs þlab mqunissørnøtra liŋdr. Lem vrurenültra, än runørnø hjünrömdrølexqt, jø westørnø ta tøbsäqqt jø qjilørnø ve getëäs.
Gim qäbërnerøn lurbjøtlv; jø, qäqenørnað alsørenø, bseqørnel lüdm þerqt jø imsørnit ris.[
Þlab issørnø ta jø nlirønø qü lüqt, win blørønø wusn jø ätørnit lurtün, tøgë løŋeðitað þlab qäwilern bleqern rïsiljø. Þlab xraðørnel rïsiljødn, jø qalørnø hïs lüjd.
Äs törørøntra, vënlëxdregïvigë issørnø nvël jø þürønel gim igränql, þlab sasørnit gi qssaqørnittra ïdrhun hju hurbävqt.
Gim xrissørnit, “Løŋørnit, adn, vjinbögïvø igbjøtøa gi lusernit je rümqluanäjarartra.”
Ølv öbternit bjötqløverg.

The Bear and the Travelers
Two travelers were on the road together, when a bear suddenly appeared on the scene. Before he observed them, one made for a tree at the side of the road, and climbed up into the branches and hid there.
The other was not so nimble as his companion; and, as he could not escape, he threw himself on the ground and pretended to be dead.
The bear came up and sniffed all round him, but he kept perfectly still and held his breath: for they say that a bear will not touch a dead body. The bear took him for a corpse, and went away.
When the coast was clear, the traveler in the tree came down, and asked the other what it was the bear had whispered to him when he put his mouth to his ear.
The other replied, "He told me never again to travel with a friend who deserts you at the first sign of danger."
Misfortune tests the sincerity of friendship.
I am a conlanger, a master scuba diver, a belly dancer, a schizotypal introvert, an author, a geek, a psychologist, a gamer, a Whovian, a pianist, a clarinetist, a sailor, a CGI artist, a singer, a Psychonaut, a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a candlestick-maker, and a magic-bean-buyer. Who are you?

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-03-28, 23:47

Kēwēkamē wrote:Well, it took me long enough. Was supposed to be learning French - did this instead.
:n: Tss-tss, concentre-toi sur le français. Cette langue mérite toute ton attention. :yep:

Kēwēkamē

Postby Kēwēkamē » 2012-03-29, 20:07

Dormouse559 wrote:
Kēwēkamē wrote:Well, it took me long enough. Was supposed to be learning French - did this instead.
:n: Tss-tss, concentre-toi sur le français. Cette langue mérite toute ton attention. :yep:

Ouais, je sais, mais mon livre de français est absolument inutile, donc je dois l'apprendre par ma mère si je veux vraiment apprendre quelque chose. Et elle était occupée. Alors, j'ai fait ce. (Excusez mon français horrible.) :|
I am a conlanger, a master scuba diver, a belly dancer, a schizotypal introvert, an author, a geek, a psychologist, a gamer, a Whovian, a pianist, a clarinetist, a sailor, a CGI artist, a singer, a Psychonaut, a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a candlestick-maker, and a magic-bean-buyer. Who are you?

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-03-30, 0:48

Kēwēkamē wrote:(Excusez mon français horrible.) :|
Pourquoi aurais-je besoin de faire cela ? Tu as bien écrit. :)

Kēwēkamē wrote:Ouais, je sais, mais mon livre de français est absolument inutile, donc je dois l'apprendre par de ma mère si je veux vraiment apprendre quelque chose. Et elle était occupée. Alors, j'ai fait cela.

Kēwēkamē

Postby Kēwēkamē » 2012-03-30, 14:23

Dormouse559 wrote:
Kēwēkamē wrote:(Excusez mon français horrible.) :|
Pourquoi aurais-je besoin de faire cela ? Tu as bien écrit. :)

Kēwēkamē wrote:Ouais, je sais, mais mon livre de français est absolument inutile, donc je dois l'apprendre par de ma mère si je veux vraiment apprendre quelque chose. Et elle était occupée. Alors, j'ai fait cela.
Merci. :)

Emandir

Postby Emandir » 2012-03-31, 12:43

lya tum spalt wensker va
mir mâld zi sur ta ju mist
lya pe helw mald spar
ta ix ltalt xelt va ya lker xir

lya oht kem tum ker ta
ta sask aht par an kanult yau
tu lya ta vuld pe helw jo
an ac rult mon ken va

lta se tilp pi mon pi wen pi oht pi ltalt
pur te ta sa zi var yo va
mir lker kanult ac rult

ek ma ya rulp u xald cild
ta valt par pi va pi ta yu
ya ru uht zult cai marai

/lja tum ˈspalt ˈwɛnskɛr va
ˈmir mɒːld ði ˈsur ta ˈdʒu mist
lja pe ˈħɛlt mald ˈspar
ta ˈiʃ ˈltalt ʃɛlt va ja ˈlkɛr ʃir

lja ˈɔʃt kɛm tum ˈkɛr ta
ta ˈʃask ˈaʃt par an ˈkanult jaʊ
tu ja ta ˈvuld pe ħɛlw dʒɔ
an ˈatʃ rult ˈmɔn kɛn va

lta se ˈtilp pi ˈmɔn pi wɛn pi ˈɔʃt pi ˈltalt
ˈpur te ta ˈsa di ˈvar jɔ va
ˈmir ˈlkɛr ˈkanult ˈatʃ rult

ˈɛk ma ja ˈrulp u ˈʃald tʃild
ta ˈvalt par pi ˈva pi ˈta ju
ja ˈru ˈuʃt ˈðult ˈtʃaɪ ˈmaraɪ/

while to compete hair your
gold polish in sun it shines vain
while with contempt midst plain
it looks brow white your to lily beautiful

while lip each to pick it
they follow eyes more than carnation early
and while it triumphs with disdain vigorous
from crystal shining neck gracious your

then do enjoy and neck and hair and lip and brow
before that it be in age golden your
gold lily carnation crystal shining

only not to silver or lyre severed
it turns more and you and it joined
to earth smoke dust shadow nothing

Mientras por competir con tu cabello
Oro bruñido al sol relumbra en vano,
Mientras con menosprecio en medio el llano
Mira tu blanca frente al lilio bello;

Mientras a cada labio, por cogello,
Siguen más ojos que al clavel temprano,
Y mientras triunfa con desdén lozano
Del luciente cristal tu gentil cuello,

Goza cuello, cabello, labio y frente,
Antes que lo que fue en tu edad dorada
Oro, lilio, clavel, cristal luciente,

No sólo en plata o vïola troncada
Se vuelva, más tú y ello juntamente
En tierra, en humo, en polvo, en sombra, en nada.

Luis de Góngora y Argote, 1582
Language is the best way men have found to misunderstand each other. Lycodoxos

@Emandir

language learner

Postby language learner » 2012-04-02, 17:55

The bear and two travellers in Lumùj.
Tàw ròj nàjsesi
Nàjsesi se pase-pò rejnò, semèjnò tàw rejke sej-paj. Semèjmi nòw pùj nòsi, nò se sej na pase-rò, nòròj nò ke sej-pè kakè-ʃò nòròj nò pej nò pajnò.
Rù-nò mòke-nòw soso-nò-nòw; nòrej rù-nò lòw rew -ròj, rù-nò sej-pa nòròj rù-nò pej rù-nò nà-nòw.
Tàw rej nòròj ʃùj rùnò-rò, nònòw rù-nò ne-nòwmò nòròj ʃù-nòw: nòkè lù-rej nò tàw cù-nòw nà-nòw. Tàw lùjʃò pùj-nòw nà-nòw, nòròj rew.
Semèjnò tàw paj-pò-nòw, nàjse na-rò se sej-pa, nòròj nùj rù-nàjse tàw lùcinù no sej-rù-nàjse semèjnò ʃitàw re cinù-rù-nàjse.
Rù-nàjse lù, "Tàw lù nòj semèjʃò se rùj-rò nò rew rù-nòj semèjnò tòw rejmi."
Còmuw nùj ʃuw-mòrùj.
It took tons of imagination to come up with this.

Ashucky

Postby Ashucky » 2012-04-05, 17:10

Well, I couldn't find anything better to translate so I went with hashi's short story. I translated it to Settaka, so I could test the language in a longer text. Under each paragraph I included a simplified gloss (I left out verbal aspects and a few other minor things).

Čurnu ai masnatta
Bear and traveller.DU

Masnatta fikkos pente veittai, jä čurnu geillei geellüräljes äntätti. Seä tända suredesë, seen šoudes äë hönnösi no veirti, üssüges kössärjössi ai rjui ogoiljes.
Traveller.DU be.3DU.PST together road.LOC, when bear nothing.ABL appear.3SG.PST scene.LOC. Before but-they.DU.ACC observe.3SG.PST, one run.3SG.PAST to tree.GEN beside road.LOC, climb.3SG.PST branches.ALL and there hide.3SG.PST.

Näirü feronifesë da uë gäpänven; ai, van ise doodes, perriljes u ässe ai heskeäljes löëlifë.
Other.DEF nimble.be.3SG.PST so as companion-his; and, because cannot.ADV flee.3SG.PST, throw.REFL.3SG.PST on ground.PL.ALL and pretend.REFL.3SG.PST bead.be.INF2.

Čurnu ürüges anga ai šarkjutes rei kjousfä, göni vä etčeifes ordo ai ëürüëkesë laegin: nätö hëa, ne čurnu älläljören löälläsë. Čurnu affošedesänvä ä löällin, ai eruges.
Bear come.3SG.PST beside and sniff.3SG.PST all around-he.GEN, but he motionless.be.3SG.PST completely and hold.3SG.PST breath-his.ACC: say.3PL.PRS namely, that bear touch.REFL.3SG.FUT corpse.GEN. Bear mistake.3SG.PST-he.ACC for corpse.ACC, and go.away.3SG.PST.

Jä o ronifes, masna hönnötti üssüges cäi ai nuuges näinrü, einërvä čurnu sosdes, jä šjagin appades juvon.
When air clear.be.3SG.PST, traveller tree.LOC climb.3SG.PST down, and ask.3SG.PST other.ACC.DEF, what-he.DAT bear whisper.3SG.PST, when mouth-his.ACC move.closer.3SG.PST ear-his.DAT.

Näirü čiiges: "Naradenin, ou geama massakari uskokki, lëinne pättäge no seiti soati jölälläs."
Other.DEF answer.3SG.PST: "Tell.3SG.PST-I.DAT, [particle] never.again travel.NEG.1SG.PRS friend.INST, that-I.ACC abandon.3SG.PRS at first.LOC sign.LOC danger.GEN."

Hördä röröte njondan uskokjas.
Misfortune test.3SG.PRS sincerity.ACC friendship.GEN.
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-04-06, 7:10

I've translated the Lord's Prayer into Mirona. Hey, when you're Catholic these things are forever embedded in your head; and the Mironese are predominantly Catholic as well, though they are as lax as their fellow French and Belgian citizens where actual religious observance is concerned.

The first title I've given is the official translation, meaning "The Lord's Prayer". The second and third titles are more casual. "Iksefà" comes from the initials of a literal translation of "Pater Noster", which is "Xafû Fî"; the full name has fallen out of use. "Patnotrü" is a Mironization of the French "patenôtre".

Prexiû Priviàhnem -iá- Iksefà -iá- patnotrü

Xaf fi, em Pubiadi :
ti nionyà lim lusyuzo ;
ti rehomü lî iomöd ;
ti buelà lim danuzo,
ur syuhnu si em pubia.
Fat te iâbezû syibezin lenyu fin ;
xet af fat nuziâp gelupsüe fine,
si fa nuziâbuebe gelupsiovüe piorine ;
xet n'ömâp fa, ur nepüorà ;
ma bilonie fa, kû lonyiorà.

[Xiesà af lit betsà, rehomü, fôgiorà, xet glorià, iflar era piehuelie.]

Amen.

Prexiû Priviàhnem - Iksefà - patnotrü
[pɾɛhjœ̃ ˈpɾivjɐhnɛm] - [ikˈsɛfɐ] - [patˈnɔtɾy]
Prayer lord-GEN - Iksefà - patnotrü
The Lord's Prayer - Iksefà - patnotrü

Xaf fi, em Pubiadi :
[haˈfːi ɛm puˈvjaði]
Father.VOC our-VOC in sky-DAT-pl
Our Father, who art in Heaven,

ti nionyà lim lusyuzo ;
[ti njɔŋɐ lim luˈʃudzɔ]
that name your-fem bless-PAS-SBJ
hallowed be thy name.

ti rehomü lî iomöd ;
[ti ɾɛʔɔmy lɛ̃ ˈjɔmœð]
that kingdom your come-SBJ
Thy kingdom come.

ti buelà lim danuzo,
[ti vwɛlɐ lim ðanuˈzɔ]
that will your-fem do-PAS-SBJ
Thy will be done,

ur syuhnu si em pubia.
[uɾ ʃuhnu si ɛm ˈpuvja]
on earth as in sky-DAT
on earth as it is in Heaven.

Fat te iâbezû syibezin lenyu fin ;
[fatːɛ jɑ̃ʋɛzœ̃ ʃiʋɛzin ˈlɛŋu fin]
1pl-DAT give-IMP today daily-ACC bread-ACC our-ACC
Give us this day our daily bread,

xet af fat nuziâp gelupsüe fine,
[hɛt afːat nuzjɑ̃p jɛlupsɥɛ fiˈnɛ]
and for 1pl-DAT forgive-IMP trespass-ACC-pl our-ACC-pl
and forgive us our trespasses,

si fa nuziâbuebe gelupsiovüe piorine ;
[si fa nuzjɑ̃vwɛʋɛ jɛlupsiɔvɥɛ pjɔˈrinɛ]
as 1pl forgive-1pl trespasser-ACC-pl our.own-ACC-pl
as we forgive those who trespass against us,

xet n'ömâp fa, ur nepüorà ;
[hɛt nœˈmɑ̃p fa uɾ nɛˈpɥɔrɐ]
and NEG-lead-IMP us unto temptation-DAT
and lead us not into temptation,

ma bilonie fa, kû lonyiorà.
[ma ʋilɔˈnjɛ fa kœ̃ lɔˈŋjɔɾɐ]
but deliver-IMP 1pl.ACC from evil-ABL.
but deliver us from evil.

Xiesà af lit betsà, rehomü, fôgiorà, xet glorià, iflar era piehuelie.
[hjɛsɐ af lit ˈʋɛtsɐ ɾɛʔɔˈmy fɔ̃ˈʝjɔɾɐ hɛt ˈʝlɔːjɐ ˈiflaɾ ɛɾa pjɛˈʔwɛljɛ]
Because for 2sg-ACC be-3pl kingdom power glory for all-ACC-fem.pl age-ACC-pl.
For the kingdom and the power and the glory are yours, now and forever.

Amen
[ˈamɛn]

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-06-01, 1:13

I've just finished translating "Where is James?" into Silvish. The language is simple, so it's fairly easy to translate; not necessarily quick, but it's less grueling.

I also got to test out my stress and diphthongization rules on a much larger scale. There are quite a few series of several words each that are realized as single words (i.e. Maria estát sentada [ˌmaɾ.ja͡esˈta.t͡senˌta.da], Dic-mi ove estát [dikˌmi͡o.veːsˈtat]).

OVE ESTÁT ZIAMO?
[ˌo.veːsˈtaˌd͡zja.mo]
WHERE IS JAMES?

Ziamo e Maria ziogan dento ele ziardino. El zie es bono, estát molto caldo. Máis heri fecít molto frío! Alora, no poderon ziogár avosço. Ziamo e Maria roan a ziogár, ziogan sempra ieso dento ele ziardino precént el cazace.
[ˈzja.mo e ˈmaɾ.ja ˈzjo.gan ˌdenˈto͡e.le zjaɾˈdi.no ‖ el ˈzje es ˈbo.no esˈtatˌmol.to ˈkal.do ‖ ˈma.is ˈe.ɾi feˈt͡ʃitˌmol.to ˈfri.o ‖ aˈlo.ɾa no poˈde.ɾon zjoˈgaɾ aˈvo.ʃo ‖ ˈzja.mo e ˈmaɾ.ja ˈro.an a zjoˈgaɾ ˈzjo.gan ˈsem.pɾa ˈje.so ˌdenˈto͡e.le zjarˈdi.no preˈt͡ʃent el kaˈza.t͡ʃe]
James and Mary are in the garden. The weather is nice today, it is very warm. But yesterday it was very cold! They could not play outside then. James and Mary love to play, they always play together in the garden in front of the big house.

Ziamo es uno pazelo, e hat seps anis. Ela pazela es sua sor, cimue anis hat-esa. Ziamo hat uni cani, el cani estát incora dento ele ziardino in celi pompto. El can amat ziogár ab ês infanços. El can estát molto fosto in celi pompto.
[ˈzja.mo͡es ˈu.no paˈze.lo e at ˈseps ˈa.nis ‖ ˈe.la paˈze.la͡esːwa ˈsoɾ ˈt͡ʃim.we ˈa.nis haˈte.sa ‖ ˈzja.mo at ˈu.ni ˈka.ni el ˌkaˈni͡es.tat iŋˈko.ɾa ˌdenˈto͡e.le zjaɾˈdi.no͡in ˈt͡ʃe.li ˈpomp.to ‖ el ˈkan ˌa.mad͡zjoˈgaɾ a.bes inˈfan.t͡ʃos ‖ el ˈkan esˈtatˌmol.to ˈfos.to in ˈt͡ʃe.li ˈpomp.to]
James is a little boy and he is six years old. The little girl is his sister, she is five years old. James has a small dog, the dog is also in the garden now. The dog likes to play with the two children. The dog is very happy now.

Maria hat-esa incora uni cani? Non, Maria no hat cani, uni cato hat-esa. Máis el cato estát dento el caze, el cato dormit.
[ˈmaɾ.ja aˈte.sa iŋˌkoˈɾa͡u.ni ˈka.ni ‖ ˈnon ˈmaɾ.ja no at ˈka.ni ˈu.ni ˈka.to aˈte.sa ‖ ˈma.is el ˌka.to͡esˈtaˌdːen.toel ˈka.ze el ˈka.to ˈdor.mit]
Does Mary also have a dog? No, Mary does not have a dog, she has a cat. But the cat is in the house, the cat is sleeping.

Lor mar estát dento el caze ab ele cato, esa se revertat per el fenestre, e vet Ziamo e Marie a ziogár. Ziamo corret rapidamént a une arbrace, se captat di Marie. Saves-tu porvé? Maria estát sentada, e tenet ês manis precént suis olis. No podet vér nient, e contat. Porvé facet-esa celci? E vé Ziamo facet-eso preso al arbre?
[loɾ ˈmaɾ esˈtaˌden.to͡el ˈka.ze͡ab ˈe.le ˈka.to ˈe.sa se reˈveɾ.tat ˈpe.rel feˈnes.tɾe e veˈd͡zja.mo e ˈmaɾ.je͡a zjoˈgaɾ ‖ ˈzja.mo ˈko.ret ra.pi.daˈment ˌa͡u.ne͡aɾbˈɾa.t͡ʃe se ˈkap.tadːi ˈmaɾ.je ‖ ˈsa.vesˌtu porˈve ‖ ˌmaɾ.ja͡esˈta.t͡senˌta.da e ˈte.net es ˈma.nis pɾeˈt͡ʃent swis ˈo.lis ‖ no ˈpo.det ˈveɾ njent e ˈkon.tat ‖ porˈveˌfa.t͡ʃe.te.sa ˈt͡ʃel.t͡ʃi ‖ e ˈveˌzja.mo ˈfat͡ʃeˌte.so ˈpɾe.so͡al ˈaɾb.ɾe]
Their mother is inside the house with the cat, she looks through the window and sees James and Mary playing. James quickly runs to a big old tree, he is hiding from Mary. Do you know why? Mary is sitting and has her hands in front of her eyes. She can't see anything and she is counting. Why does she do that? And what is James doing near the tree?

Es uni ziogo. Vando Maria hat finido di contár, cerca elo se revertat-esa. Cercat Ziamo: ove vaít-eso? Eli has-tu vizo?
[es ˈu.ni ˈzjo.go ‖ ˈvan.do ˈmaɾ.ja at fiˈni.do di konˈtaɾ ˌt͡ʃeɾˈka͡e.lo se reˈver.tatˌe.sa ‖ ˈt͡ʃeɾ.kaˌd͡zja.mo ‖ ˈo.ve vaˈitˌe.so ‖ eˌli͡asˈtuˌvi.zo]
It is a game. When Mary has finished counting she looks around. She is searching for James: where did he go? Did you see him?

Maria no savet ove estát Ziamo. Introvat dile cani: «Has-tu vizo Ziamo?» Máis ozio va el can no podet falár! Cuent Maria no otenet responso a sue vesçoni. La zent no otenet numua responso vando falat as caños!
[ˈmaɾ.ja no ˈsa.vet ˌo.veːsˈtaˌd͡zja.mo ‖ inˈtro.vaˌdːi.le ˈka.ni ‖ asˈtuˌvi.zo ˈzja.mo ‖ ˈma.is ˈozjo va͡el ˈka.nːo ˈpo.det faˈlaɾ ‖ kwent ˈmaɾ.ja noːˈte.net resˈpon.so͡a swe veˈʃo.ni ‖ la ˈzent noːˈte.net ˈnum.wa resˈpon.so ˈvan.do ˈfa.lat as ˈka.ɲos]
Mary does not know where James is. She asks the dog: "Did you see James?". But the dog can not speak of course! So Mary gets no answer to her question. People never get an answer when they speak to dogs!

Maria incatat sue mari sevént el fenestre, sua mar ríet. Maria pensat va esa hat vizo ove vaít Ziamo: «Dic-mi ove estát!» dicet-esa a sue mari. «Non Marie, no poso ti eli dicér!» respondet-esa. Benva saçat probablamént ove estát, no eli volt-esa dicér.
[ˈmaɾ.ja iŋˈka.tat swe ˈma.ɾi seˈvent el feˈnes.tɾe swa ˌmaˈrːi.et ‖ ˈmaɾ.ja ˈpen.sat ˈva͡e.sa at ˌviˈzoː.ve vaˈiˌdzja.mo ‖ dikˌmi͡o.veːsˈtat ˈdi.t͡ʃeˌte.saː swe ˈmaɾi ‖ ˈnon ˈmaɾ.je no ˈpo.so ˈti͡e.li diˈt͡ʃeɾ resˈpon.deˌte.sa ‖ ˈben.va ˈsa.t͡ʃat pɾobablaˈmentˌo.veːsˈtat ˈno͡e.li volˈte.sa diˈt͡ʃeɾ]
Mary looks at her mother behind the window, her mother is laughing. Mary thinks that she has seen where James went: "Tell me where he is!", she says to her mother. "No Mary, I can't tell you!", she replies. Although she probably knows where he is, she does not want to tell.

Maria caminat lentamént atraverso ele ziardino. Tentat sempra di introvár Ziamo. Esa cercat soto ês cadaris, máis Ziamo no estát lá. Esa cercat dento todis parços, máis no podet introvár Ziamo.
[ˈmaɾ.ja kaˈmi.nat len.taˈmen.tat.ɾa.verˌso͡e.le zjaɾˈdi.no ‖ ˈten.tat ˈsem.pra diːn.tɾoˈvaɾˌzja.mo ‖ ˈe.sa ˈt͡ʃeɾ.kat ˈso.to͡es kaˈda.ɾis ˌma.iˈzːja.mo no͡esˈtat ˈla ‖ ˈe.sa ˌt͡ʃeɾ.kaˈdːen.to ˈto.dis ˈpaɾ.t͡ʃos ˈma.is no ˈpo.det in.tɾoˈvaɾˌzja.mo]
Mary slowly walks through the garden. She is still trying to find James. She looks under the table and under the chairs, but James is not there. She looks everywhere but she can not find James.

Apresça, entendet uni tocado, venit di sevént el arbrace vele. Parrát sér Ziamo? Incora el tocado! Escoltat atentivamént. No es ni pásero ni altro animál. Adeso podet ben eli entendér. Debet sér Ziamo!
[apˈre.ʃa enˈten.det ˈu.ni toˈka.do ˈve.ni.dːi seˈvent el aɾbˈɾa.t͡ʃe ˈve.le ‖ paˈrat ˈserˌzja.mo ‖ iŋˈko.ɾa͡el toˈka.do ‖ esˈkol.tat a.ten.ti.vaˈment ‖ no͡es ni ˈpa.se.ɾo ˌni͡al.tɾo͡a.niˈmal ‖ aˈde.so ˈpo.det ben ˌe.li͡en.tenˈdeɾ ‖ ˈde.bet ˈserˌzja.mo]
Then she hears a sound, it is coming from behind the big old tree. Could that be James? There is the sound again! She listens carefully. It is not a bird or another animal. She can hear it well now. It must be James!

Apresça, esa vet une manele, e vando aproçat, sue teste vet-esa incora! Esa ríet, e dicet: «Te intrové!» Ês duos están fostos, e van al caze, estát ela hora di manziár alcune coze, e di bevet uni poco di ave.
[apˈre.ʃa ˈe.sa vet ˈu.ne maˈne.le e ˌvan.do͡apˈɾo.t͡ʃat swe ˈtes.te veˈte.sa iŋˈko.ɾa ‖ ˈe.sa ˈri.et e ˈdi.t͡ʃet ‖ te͡in.tɾoˈve ‖ es ˈdwos esˈtanˌfos.tos e ˈvan al ˈka.ze esˈtatˌe.la ˈoɾa di manˈzja.ɾalˌku.ne ˈko.ze e di ˈbe.vet ˈu.ni ˈpo.ko ˈdi͡a.ve]
Then she also sees a little hand and when she walks closer she also sees his head! She laughs and says: "I found you!". They are both happy and go to the house, it is time to eat something and drink some water!

Llawygath

Postby Llawygath » 2012-08-05, 22:22

Does the Tower of Babel count? :) It's the longest text I've ever bothered to translate into any of my conlangs (which is really a shame, since none of the speakers of the conlangs I have it in really believe in it).
Anyway, here's the Tower of Babel in Tikolmian (please forgive the angle bracket quotes):
1. Os zo ūks cwiq iso tlade zo tlel lur caz wubost.
2. Os cwos go zo ōlm-tekir pirlost, go qas zo qusz Xinar-as taszelost, os go zōk qabolost.
3. Os tlalost go iso izok-mi >Pira, rupa xkaypel os god taka vīzqa< Os go xkayp lemis-tik os neqar rikmuk-tik wuboloz.
4. Os tlalost go >Pira, rupa rusaxid os teksimekō cwiol mix zo lepa-mi kōywat, os rupa cod-tik sured, qolm co lyumokedlō zo ūks cwiq-ibok<
5. Os zo pōxk pirost zics zo rusaxid os zo teksimekō lōs, zum zo teksikozel ruplost.
6. Os tlōst zo pōxk >Lōa, zo qabokel iso xolōt os go iso tlade wubolot, os go zal xovasolot zios. Sic sizas god-tekir pōxedat zum go zios cusmelot<
7. >Pira, via zics, os zōk rada tladed gōl, li zum go iso izok si loagos<
8. Li zo pōxk god lyumokot zōsy zo ūks cwiq-ibok, os go zo rusaxid lemiolost rupos.
9. Zōsy sur tlōl Babel xōt, tik zo pōxk zo tladed zo uksol cwiq radost, os zōsy zo pōk god lyumokost zo ūks cwiq-ibok.

And English, for reference:
1. Now the whole earth had one language and the same words.
2. And as people migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.
3. And they said to one another, "Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly." And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for mortar.
4. Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth."
5. And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of man had built.
6. And the Lord said, "Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
7. Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another's speech."
8. So the Lord dispersed them from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city.
9. Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth. And from there the Lord dispersed them over the face of all the earth.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-08-09, 21:25

Here's the Selvesco translation of the Tower of Babel passage.

Ela Tor de Babeli
[ˈela ˈtoɾ de baˈbeli]
The Tower of Babel

Todo el mondo havat une limue et une favele.
[ˈtodo͡el ˈmondo ˈavat ˈune ˈlimwe eˈdune faˈvele]
All the world had one language and one speech.

Máis en se desplačánt dile orienti, ês homes trovaron uni seso dento ele paesi de Scinari et iseeren alá.
[ˈmais en se desplaˈt͡ɕandˌdile͡oɾˌjenti es ˈomes tɾoˈvaɾon ˈuni ˈseso ˈdenˌto͡ele paˈesi de ɕiˈnaɾi ediseˈeɾen aˈla]
But as the men migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.

E se disceron unos a altris, “Vamos, fačamos teyis e covamos-ês ale forno.” Et emplegaron ês teyis vomo pedris et ele bitumi vomo ele malte.
[e se diˈɕeɾon ˈunos ˈaːltris ˈvamos faˈt͡ɕamos ˈteʎis e koˈvamosˌes ˈale ˈfoɾno edempleˈgaɾon es ˈteʎis ˈvomo ˈpedris eˈdele biˈtumi ˈvoˌmo͡ele ˈmalte]
And they said to one another, “Come, let us make bricks and burn them in the kiln.” And they used the bricks as stone and bitumen as mortar.

Alora, disceron, “Vamos, costruamos-nos une cidadi et une torri coǧa cima atendrát ele celo, afinva nostro nom devendríat famozo, e no estrimos desemenados per tode el terre.”
[aˈloɾa diˈɕeɾon ˈvamos kosˈtɾwamozˌnos ˈune t͡ɕiˈdadi eˈdune ˈtori ˈkod͡ʑa ˈt͡ɕima atenˈdrat ˈele ˈt͡ɕelo aˈfiɱva ˈnostɾo ˈnom devenˈdriat faˈmozo e no͡esˈtrimos desemeˈnados per ˈtodeːl ˈtere]
Then, they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower whose peak will reach the heavens, so that our name will become famous and we will not be scattered over the face of the earth.”

El SEŇÓR descendét por vér el cidadi et el torri va ês homes costruevan.
[el seˈȵoɾ deɕenˈdet poɾ ˈveɾ el t͡ɕiˈdadi ˈedel ˈtori va͡es ˈomes kosˈtɾwevan]
The LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building.

Et el SEŇÓR discét, “Alá, son uno solo povlo e falan une sole limue, e no es salvo el enečo de celva feren, e nada de celva se proponen no esteret imposibla.
[ˈedel seˈȵoɾ diˈɕet aˈla son ˈuno ˈsolo ˈpovlo e ˈfalan ˈune ˈsole ˈlimwe e no͡esˈsalvo͡el eˈnet͡ɕo de ˈt͡ɕelva ˈfeɾen e ˈnada de ˈt͡ɕelva se proˈponen no͡esˈteɾet impoˈsibla]
And the LORD said, “Behold, they are one people and speak one language, and this is but the beginning of what they will do, and nothing that they propose will be impossible.

“Vamos, descendamos e permesclamos lore limue, afinva no posen plus se comprendra, entra ês.”
[ˈvamos deɕenˈdamos e peɾmesˈklamos ˈloɾe ˈlimwe aˈfiɱva no ˈposen ˈplusse komˈprendɾa ˈentra͡es]
“Come, let us go down and confuse their language, that they may no longer understand one another.”

Alora, el SEŇÓR ês despergét dalá, per tode el terre, e se arrestaron a costruér el cidadi.
[aˈloɾa el seˈȵoɾ es despeɾˈd͡ʑet daˈla per ˈtodeːl ˈtere e se͡aresˈtaɾon a kosˈtɾweɾ el t͡ɕiˈdadi]
So the LORD dispersed them from there over the face of the earth, and they stopped building the city.

Es porvé eli vogát Babel, var alá el SEŇÓR havat permesclado el limue de tode el terre. E dalá el SEŇÓR ês havat despergidos per tode el terre.
[es porˈve ˈeli voˈgat ˈbabel vaɾ aˈla͡el seˈȵoɾ ˈavat peɾmesˈklado͡elˌlimwe de ˈtodeːl ˈtere e daˈla͡el seˈȵoɾ es ˈavat despeɾˈd͡ʑidos peɾ ˈtodeːl ˈtere]
That is why it was called Babel, for there the LORD had confused the language of all the earth. And from there the LORD had dispersed them over the face of the earth.

Llawygath

Postby Llawygath » 2012-08-11, 20:06

Today I came up with a semi-story type thing and translated it into Leafoosish. The original name of the text is "Ble mae'r gath?".
Anyway, original language aside, here you go:

W es la gath?
where be.3SG.PRES ART.FEM cat
Where is the cat?

W es la gath? Es la gath dan la feson. Es la gath an le lith? Non es, es la gath an la yfw. Es la gath dormant an la yfw. Es la yfw an sa gostedh? Es. Es le lith ted? Non es.
where be.3SG.PRS ART.FEM cat? be.3SG.PRS ART.FEM cat in ART.FEM house. be.3SG.PRS ART.FEM cat on ART.MASC bed? NEG be.3SG.PRS, be.3SG.PRS ART.FEM cat on ART.FEM door. be.3SG.PRS ART.FEM cat sleep-PROG on ART.FEM door. be.3SG.PRES ART.FEM door on 3SG.GEN.FEM side? be.3SG.PRS. be.3SG.PRS ART.MASC bed warm? NEG be.3SG.PRS.
Where is the cat? The cat is in the house. Is the cat on the bed? No, the cat is on the door. The cat is sleeping on the door. Is the door (lying) on its side? Yes. Is the bed warm? No.
W es cath le marsiedh? Es cath le marsiedh dan le marsiedh. Es se gath 'si an le pen. Es le pen dan le marsiedh? Non es. Peil possibl!
where be.3SG.PRS cat ART.MASC market? be.3SG.PRS cat ART.MASC market in ART.MASC market. be.3SG.PRS DEM cat here on ART.MASC bread. be.3SG.PRS ART.MASC bread in ART.MASC market? NEG be.3SG.PRS. NEG possible!
Where is the shop's cat? The shop's cat is in the shop. This cat is on the bread. Is the bread in the shop? No. Not possible!
W es le cen? Es le cen sws la feitur. Es la feitur ted? Es. Es le cen dormant? Es.
where be.3SG.PRS ART.MASC dog? be.3SG.PRS ART.MASC dog under ART.FEM car. be.3SG.PRS ART.FEM car warm? be.3SG.PRS. be.3SG.PRS ART.MASC dog sleep-PROG? be.3SG.PRS.
Where is the dog? The dog is under the car. Is the car warm? Yes. Is the dog sleeping? Yes.
Es tardh. Dei seo ester a lith. Es ma gath dormant an la yfw. Es cath le marsiedh dormant an le pen. Es le cen dormant sws la feitur.
be.3SG.PRS late. need.1SG.PRES 1SG.NOM be.INF to bed. be.3SG.PRES 1SG.GEN.FEM cat sleep-PROG on ART.FEM door. be.3SG.PRES DEF\cat ART.MASC market sleep-PROG on ART.MASC bread. be.3SG.PRES ART.MASC dog sleep-PROG under ART.FEM car.
It's late. I should be in bed. My cat is sleeping on the door. The shop's cat is sleeping on the bread. The dog is sleeping under the car.

I'm afraid this text doesn't show a whole lot about Leafoosish except that it doesn't do anything special to differentiate questions from answers.
Edit: Just for reference, here's the original Welsh:

Ble mae'r gath? Mae'r gath yn y tŷ. Ydy'r gath ar y gwely? Nag ydy, mae'r gath ar y ddôr. Mae'r gath yn cysgu ar y ddôr. Ydy'r ddôr yn gorwedd ar ei hochr? Ydy. Ydy'r gwely'n gynnes? Nag ydy.
Ble mae cath y siop? Mae cath y siop yn y siop. Mae'r gath 'ma ar y bara. Ydy'r bara yn y siop? Nag ydy. Dim posibl!
Ble mae'r ci? Mae'r ci dan y car. Ydy'r car yn gynnes? Ydy. Ydy'r ci'n cysgu? Ydy.
Mae'n hwyr. Dylwn i fod yn y gwely. Mae fy nghath yn cysgu ar y ddôr. Mae cath y siop yn cysgu ar y bara. Mae'r ci'n cysgu dan y car.
(There's undoubtedly something wrong with the above text; I don't know Welsh very well at all.)

Edit no. 2: Fixed a few things.
Last edited by Llawygath on 2012-10-01, 20:24, edited 2 times in total.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-09-23, 8:48

Here's The Lord's Prayer in Selvesco. I've included pronunciations first in the "literary" dialect and then in the new one I'm working on.

Ela Preguiera deli Senhori

Nuostro padra vi es nês Cielis,
Va tuo nóm set santeficado.
Va tua reňa veňat,
Va tua volontát set fača,
Sur el tíer vuomo neli cielo.
Dona-nos huoge nuostro pani ǧornaliero,
E perdona-nos nuostris deudis,
Vuomo nós perdonamos nuostris deudoris.
E no conduci-nos al tentačoni,
Mais liura-nos deli malo.

El tuó es ela reňa, el podér, et ela gloria por sielhis e sielhis.
Amén.

Ela Preguiera deli Senhori
[ela pɾeˈgiɾa delɪ seˈȵoɾɪ]
[ela pɾeˈgiːɾa deli seˈȵoɾi]
The Lord's Prayer

Nuostro padra vi es nês Cielis
[ˈnustɾo ˈpadra vɪ͡ɛs nɛs ˈt͡ɕilɪs]
[ˈnuːtɾo ˈpadɾa vi͡eː neː ˈt͡ɕiːliː]
Our father who art in Heaven

Va tuo nóm set santeficado
[va tu ˈnɔm sɛt santefɪˈkado]
[va tuː ˈnɔm sɛt santefiˈkado]
Hallowèd be thy name

Va tua reňa veňat
[va tʊ̯a ˈreȵa ˈveȵat]
[va twa ˈreȵa ˈveȵat]
Thy kingdom come

Va tua volontát set fača
[va tʊ̯a volɔnˈtat sɛt ˈfat͡ɕa]
[va twa volɔnˈtat sɛt ˈfat͡ɕa]
Thy will be done

Sur el tíer vuomo neli cielo
[sʊɾ ɛl ˈtiɾ ˈvumo nelɪ ˈt͡ɕilo]
[suɾ ɛl ˈt͡siːɾ ˈvuːmo neli ˈt͡ɕiːlo]
On earth as it is in heaven

Dona-nos huoge nuostro pani ǧornaliero
[ˈdonanɔs ˈud͡ʑe ˈnustɾo ˈpanɪ d͡ʑɔɾnaˈliɾo]
[ˈdonanoː ˈuːd͡ʑe ˈnuːtɾo ˈpani d͡ʑɔɾnaˈliːɾo]
Give us this day our daily bread

E perdona-nos nuostris deudis
[e pɛɾˈdonanɔs ˈnustɾɪs ˈdeʊ̯dɪs]
[e pɛɾˈdonanoː ˈnuːtɾiː ˈdewd͡ziː]
And forgive us our trespasses

Vuomo nós perdonamos nuostris deudoris
[ˈvumo ˈnɔs pɛɾdoˈnamɔs ˈnustɾɪs deʊ̯ˈdoɾɪs]
[ˈvuːmo ˈnoː pɛɾdoˈnamoː ˈnuːtɾiː dewˈdoɾiː]
As we forgive those who trespass against us

E no conduci-nos al tentačoni
[e no konˈdʊt͡ɕɪnɔs al tɛntaˈt͡ɕonɪ]
[e no konˈdut͡ɕinɔh al tɛntaˈt͡ɕoni]
And lead us not into temptation

Mais liura-nos deli malo.
[maɪ̯s ˈlɪ̯ʊɾanɔs deli ˈmalo]
[maj ˈljuɾanoː deli ˈmalo]
But deliver us from evil.

El túo es ela reňa, el podér, et ela gloria por sielhis e sielhis. Amén.
[ɛl ˈtu͡ɛs ela ˈreȵa el poˈdɛɾ ɛd ela ˈgloɾɪ̯a poɾ ˈsiʎɪs e ˈsiʎɪs aˈmɛn]
[ɛl ˈtuː͡ɛh ela ˈreȵa el poˈdɛɾ ɛd ela ˈgloɾja poɾ ˈsiːʎih e ˈsiːʎiː aˈmɛn]
For the kingdom and the power and the glory are yours, now and forever. Amen.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2012-10-01, 3:36

Here's the One Ring poem in Selvesco.

El Poema deli Anelo Ungo

Tres anelos pôs Rëis Elfis suto lo cielo,
Siet pôs Senhoris Nanis en foguieris de piedra,
Nuof pôs Huomis Mortás destenadis a morír,
Uno poli Senhori Oscuro sur suo truono oscuro,
Nel Tíer de Mordor ove se estiendon ês Ombras,
Uno anelo por ês renhár todos, uno anelo por ês trovár,
Uno anelo por ês atraér todos e nês tenieuris ês ǧontár,
Nel Tíer de Mordor ove se estiendon ês Ombras.

El Poema deli Anelo Ungo
[ɛl poˈema delɪ͡aˈneˌlo͡ʊŋgo]
[ɛl poˈema deli͡aˈneˌlo͡uniko]
The One Ring Poem

Tres anelos pôs Rëis Elfis suto lo cielo
[ˈtɾɛs aˈnelɔs pɔs ˈreɪs ˈɛlfɪs ˈsʊtolo ˈt͡ɕilo]
[ˈtɾɛh‿aˈneloː poː ˈreiˌh‿ɛlfiː ˈsutolo ˈt͡ɕiːlo]
Three rings for the Elven-kings under the sky

Siet pôs Senhoris Nanis en foguieris de piedra
[ˈsit pɔs seˈȵoɾɪs ˈnanɪs ɛn foˈgiɾɪs de ˈpidɾa]
[ˈsiːt poː seˈȵoɾiː ˈnaniː ɛn foˈgiːɾiː de ˈpiːdɾa]
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone

Nuof pôs Huomis Mortás destenadis a morír
[ˈnuf pɔs ˈumɪs mɔɾˈtas dɛsteˈnadɪs a moˈɾɪɾ]
[ˈnuːf pɔˈh‿uːmiː mɔɾˈtaː deːteˈnad͡zih‿a moˈɾiɾ]
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die

Uno poli Senhori Oscuro sur suo truono oscuro
[ˈʊno polɪ seˈȵoɾɪ͡ɔsˌkʊɾo sʊɾ su ˈtɾuno͡ɔsˈkʊɾo]
[ˈuno poli seˈȵoɾi͡oːˌkuɾo suɾ suː ˈtɾuːnoːˌkuɾo]
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

Nel Tíer de Mordor ove se estiendon ês Ombras
[nɛl ˈtiɾ de ˈmɔɾdɔɾ ˈove se͡ɛsˈtindɔn ɛs ˈɔmbɾas]
[nɛl ˈt͡siːɾ de ˈmɔɾdɔɾ ˈove seːˈtiːndɔn ɛˈh‿ɔmbɾaː]
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie

Uno anelo por ês renhár todos, uno anelo por ês trovár
[ˈʊno͡aˌnelo pɔɾ ɛs reˈȵaɾ ˈtodɔs ˈʊno͡aˌnelo pɔɾ ɛs tɾoˈvaɾ]
[ˈuno͡aˌnelo pɔɾ eː reˈȵaɾ ˈtodoː ˈuno͡aˌnelo pɔɾ eː tɾoˈvaɾ]
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them

Uno anelo por ês atraér todos e nês tenieuris ês ǧontár
[ˈʊno͡aˌnelo pɔɾ ɛs atɾaˈɛɾ ˈtodɔs e nɛs teˈniʊ̯ɾɪs ɛs d͡ʑɔnˈtaɾ]
[ˈuno͡aˌnelo pɔɾ ɛh‿atɾaˈɛɾ ˈtodoː e neː teˈniːwɾiː eː d͡ʑonˈtaɾ]
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Nel Tíer de Mordor ove se estiendon ês Ombras
[nɛl ˈtiɾ de ˈmɔɾdɔɾ ˈove se͡ɛsˈtindɔn ɛs ˈɔmbɾas]
[nɛl ˈt͡siːɾ de ˈmɔɾdɔɾ ˈove seːˈtiːndɔn ɛˈh‿ɔmbɾaː]
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie

Llawygath

Postby Llawygath » 2012-10-02, 19:17

Last night, when I should have been in bed, I translated "Ble mae'r gath?" into Tikolmian. (I should really have just gone to bed, though.)

Zo pum qōk as xōtl?
DEF cat.NOM where LOC be.3SG.PRS?
Where is the cat?

Zo pum qōk as xōtl? Zo pum zo kīred as xōtl. Kōtl zo pum zo xozd is? Si, zo pum zo zīked is xōtl. Zo pum zo zīked is leqōxt. Qufotl zo zīk zo lazd tlōged is? Fol. Kōtl zo xoz fecukra? Si.
DEF cat.NOM where LOC be.3SG.PRS? DEF cat.NOM DEF room-OBL LOC be.3SG.PRS. be.3SG.PRS.INT DEF cat.NOM DEF bed-OBL on? no, DEF cat.NOM DEF door-OBL on be.3SG.PRS. DEF cat.NOM DEF door-OBL on sleep-3SG.PRS. lie/lay-3SG.PRS DEF door.NOM DEF side-OBL 3SG-GEN.OBL on? yes. be.3SG.PRS.INT DEF bed.NOM ADV-warm? no.
Where is the cat? The cat is in the house. Is the cat on the bed? No, the cat is on the door. The cat is sleeping on the door. Is the door lying on its side? Yes. Is the bed warm? No.

Zo pum zo aranwōkol qōk as xōtl? Zo pum zo aranwōkol zo aranwōked as xōtl. Zal pum zo xkūzd is xōtl. Kōtl zo xkūz zo aranwōked as? Si. Siyusa!
DEF cat.NOM DEF shop-GEN where LOC be.3SG.PRS? DEF cat.NOM DEF shop-GEN DEF shop-OBL LOC be.3SG.PRS. DEM.PROX cat.NOM DEF bread-OBL on be.3SG.PRS. be.3SG.PRS.INT DEF bread.NOM DEF shop-OBL LOC? no. NEG-be_able-ADJ!
Where is the shop's cat? The shop's cat is in the shop. This cat is on the bread. Is the bread in the shop? No. Not possible!

Zo ziv qōk as xōtl? Zo ziv zo rupkozd ez xōtl. Kōtl zo rupkoz fecukra? Fol. Leqōxt zo ziv? Fol.
DEF dog.NOM where LOC be.3SG.PRS? DEF dog.NOM DEF car-OBL under be.3SG.PRS. be.3SG.PRS.INT DEF car.NOM ADV-warm? yes. sleep-3SG.PRS DEF dog.NOM? yes.
Where is the dog? The dog is under the car. Is the car warm? Yes. Is the dog sleeping? Yes.

Fer xōtl. Ro zo xozd as xōs dluqo. Zo pum rōl zo zīk is leqōxt. Zo pum zo aranwōkol zo xkūzd is leqōxt. Zo ziv zo rupkozd ez leqōxt.
late be.3SG.PRS. 1SG.NOM DEF bed-OBL LOC be.INF should-1SG.PRS. DEF cat.NOM 1SG-GEN DEF door.NOM on sleep-3SG.PRS. DEF cat DEF shop-GEN DEF bread-OBL on sleep-3SG.PRS. DEF dog.NOM DEF car-OBL under sleep-3SG.PRS.
It's late. I should be in bed. My cat is sleeping on the door. The shop's cat is sleeping on the bread. The dog is sleeping under the car.

Return to “Conlangs”