Spanish Runic Syllabary on Unicode.

This forum is for constructed languages, both those invented by UniLang members and those already existing.

Moderators:Ashucky, Dormouse559

Kvödri Viħtenśkenä..
Spanish Runic Syllabary on Unicode.

Postby Kvödri Viħtenśkenä.. » 2018-09-15, 12:51

Recently I've created an Spanish Runic Syllabary. Why Spanish -you may be asking yourselves-? Because Spanish is a language in which Orthography is really, really, truly phonetic (and is also my mother tongue :) ).
It would be so difficult (or even impossible) to create a sillabary for English; almost 25 vowel sounds, and lots of consonants... I wouldn't have enough TSS (Total Simple Syllables (runes)) for it.
The syllabary has 90 TSS (Total Simple Syllables (I love to use acronyms in my writing sistems :) ), I mean; 5 Single Vowels (or VSS (Vowel Simple Syllables) which are the 5 Vowels in Spanish, and 85 CVSS (Consonant-Vowel Simple Syllables.
b9129091-fd1b-43e7-82ca-aec37b947499.JPG

This Syllabary is almost completely phonetic, it even doesn't use Spanish orthography. As you can see, the square on right of each consonant has got an smaller one. The smaller one is not a lower case letter, obviously, it's a diacritical mark for final consonants. And there are also some diacritics which can be placed above the CVS (Consonant-Vowel Syllable), VS (Vowel Syllable), CVVS, VVS, etc.. Lets do a scheme:
5 VSS, 85 CVSS= 90 TSS.
Vowels: 5. 2 interleaveable vowels. CV (Closed Vowels)= 2 (Ii, Uu). VCVS (Vowel-Closed Vowel Syllables)= 2 more.OV (Open Vowels)= 3 (Aa, Ee, Oo). VOVS (Vowel-Open Vowel Syllables)= 6 more. Total Vowel Syllables=13.
16Diacritics Below. 4 Diacritics Above. Consonant-Vowel Syllables= 85. 1360 Consnant-Vowel-Consonant Syllables. 340 Consonant-Vowel-Vowel Syllables. 5440 Consonant-Vowel-Vowel-Consonant Syllables.
5637 Total Syllables.
And my question is: does Unicode computerize this kind of invented writing systems for someone if they ask for it?
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bubulus

Re: Spanish Runic Syllabary on Unicode.

Postby Bubulus » 2018-09-15, 14:04

And my question is: does Unicode computerize this kind of invented writing systems for someone if they ask for it?
Thanks.

No. Your conscript would need to be used by a significantly large community over a non-trivial amount of time, like Deseret, to be included in it.

Kvödri Viħtenśkenä..

Postby Kvödri Viħtenśkenä.. » 2018-09-15, 15:55

And do I have to learn programming to use it on a computer or mobile phone? Are there any webpages or apps to do it? I don't mean creating a font. I tried before with many apps and font creating programs and there aren't enough characters for between 5552-5637 syllables, even in Esperanto keyboard. I think that to create a keyboard is the best option, but I'm not a programmer, so... What should I try now?

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2018-09-15, 16:57

You don't need to encode all the possible syllables of your writing system. You can encode the diacritics mapping them as similarly-functioning Latin combining diacritical marks, and encode the 90 TSS as Latin letters. All you'd need to do would then be to make an appropriate font with these mappings. You don't need programming.

No necesitas codificar todas las sílabas posibles de tu sistema de escritura. Bien podrías codificar los acentos diacríticos haciéndolos corresponder con signos diacríticos combinables latinos que se les parezcan en su función, y codificar las 90 Sílabas Simples Totales como letras del alfabeto latino. Todo lo que tendrías que hacer entonces sería crear una fuente con estas correspondencias. No necesitas programar nada.

With regard to how to type it, assuming you're on Windows, you could make your own Windows custom layout with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. (See the tips of this thread regarding Windows 10 and MKLC.)

En cuanto a cómo introducir caracteres en la computadora, asumiendo que usas Windows, podrías crear tu propia distribución del teclado con Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. (Lee los consejos en este hilo para saber cómo lidiar con MKLC en Windows 10.)

Kvödri Viħtenśkenä..

Postby Kvödri Viħtenśkenä.. » 2018-09-15, 20:57

Thank you very much, ser
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to start my work today, just because I'm not getting access to my computer for a while, but it was my problem (well; my computer has been partially guilt on it). I'm sure I'll be able to do it as soon as I get access to my computer.

Muchas gracias, ser
Desgraciadamente no he podido empezar mi proyecto hoy, básicamente porque no tendré acceso a mi ordenador durante un tiempo, pero es mi problema (bueno; mi ordenador también tiene un poco de culpa). Estoy seguro de que podré hacerlo tan pronto como pueda entrar en mi ordenador.

Thanks

Kvödri Viħtenśkenä..

Postby Kvödri Viħtenśkenä.. » 2018-10-06, 14:41

But... Which font editor should I use to computerise my syllabary?

Return to “Conlangs”