Page 1 of 3

Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-01-16, 10:31
by Svet
Anybody has a favourite musician or a song? Maybe wanting to inquire about the lyrics? Maybe searching for a song? Wanting to share? I thought it might be fun, if we do, especially that this would give opportunity to non-Bulgarian visitors discover new stuff. :mrgreen:

Okay, and because this is the first post, I'd start with the obvious and most important - the national anthem.


Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-01-16, 11:32
by IvoCarog
here's a song i like:

Desi Dobreva - Ludo Mlado (Dance Remix)

and here are the lyrics:

Лудо младо сън засънило
на ръчица бела момина.
А мома се чудом чуди
милно й е да го буди,
драго й е да го гледа.
А мома се чудом чуди
милно й е да го буди,
драго й е да го гледа.
Па му рекла: съм те жалила.
Ставай, лудо, че е ранина.
Милно ми е да те будя,
ала слънце веке иде,
ала слънце ке ни види.
Милно ми е да те будя,
ала слънце веке иде,
ала слънце ке ни види.
Лудо младо проговорило:
как да стана, малкай момеле?
Как да стана, мило либе,
като нямам веке сила,
като ти си я изпила?

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-01-16, 12:44
by gothwolf
My favourite one is: "Сос ма караш, майчинко"

Сос ма караш

Сос ма караш, майчинко,
сос ма момрей.
До ще време, майчинко, /2
и за мене,
и за мене, майчинко,
да споминаш.

Напиши ма, майчинко,
на вратана.
Колчиш врата, майчинко, /2
да отвориш,
и за мене, майчинко,
да си припомниш.

Напиши ма, тейко льo,
на самара,
Колчиш конче, тейко льo, /2
да възсьoднеш,
И за мене, тейко льo,
да си припомниш.

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-01-16, 20:18
by kalata23
Where i should start?
Maybe with this
Паша Христова - Една българска роза (A Bulgarian Rose)
Мария Нейкова - Вървят ли двама
Емил Димитров - Моя България
Лили Иванова - Осъдени души
Дони & Момчил - Облаче ле бяло
Откога се е мила моя, майнольо,
Епизод - Хаджи Димитър (by Христо Ботев's poem "Хаджи Димитър")
Now this is 100% folklore:

Биляна Платно Белеше

Here's the lyrics of the song "Хаджи Димитър":

Жив е той, жив е! Там на Балкана,
потънал в кърви, лежи и пъшка
юнак с дълбока на гърди рана,
юнак във младост и в сила мъжка.

На една страна захвърлил пушка,
на друга сабля на две строшена;
очи темнеят, глава се люшка,
уста проклинат цяла вселена!

Лежи юнакът, а на небето
слънцето спряно пече сърдито;
жътварка пее нейде в полето,
и кръвта тече още по-силно!

Жътва е сега... Пейте, робини,
тез тъжни песни! Грей и ти, слънце,
в таз робска земя! Ще да загине
и тоя юнак... Но млъкни, сърце!

Тоз, който падне в бой за свобода,
той не умира: него жалеят
земя и небо, звяр и природа
и певци песни за него пеят...

Настане вечер - месец изгрее,
звезди обсипят сводa небесен;
гора зашуми, вятър повее, -
Балканът пее хайдушка песен!

Тоз, който падне в бой за свобода,
той не умира: него жалеят
земя и небо, звяр и природа
и певци песни за него пеят... (х2)

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-05, 2:57
by Svet
Here's one more. I'd also post the lyrics in English, because they're extremely weird and brilliant at the same time. (It is a bit difficult to translate them correctly, so please be nice :) ). The video is at the bottom of the post.

Futurologist

As if shaken out of a crate
Stars are raining down, a delicate evening
And without an idea about a thing
A half of the mankind is sleeping

A milliard of lovers do not sleep
Locking out of sleep and consciousness
The one on world's duty isn't sleeping either
He's awake, re-reading Tyutchev
(*one of the greatest Russian poets)

The duty is an easy one, but again a burden
Because there isn't actually much to do
With a somnolent micro-earthquake
The guardians are being entertained

And it is a day once more, it's doing good -
The tamed galaxy
It is noisy in the city - c'est la vie
But nobody is advancing forth with elbows

Everyone has a talent here too
And manners just like Goethe
(*one of the greatest German authors)
For everyone here it is justified
To use one antique expression - "being cool"!

"Cool" - hey, I am here too
But not lonely like I've often been before
On my shoulders there's a hand resting
Intelligent and kind

And the road - straightened out like a nerve
The life - again undecipherable
The last policeman is weeping in a sunny way
Over a book by Homer...
(*one of the greatest Greek writers)




Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-05, 3:08
by linguoboy
Ha! I happened to be listening to "Но Казвам Ти Стига" when I stumbled upon this thread. But if I had to pick a favourite Azis song, it would be "Черни Очи".

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-05, 11:54
by Rémy LeBeau
I'm pretty sure this is a Macedonian folk song:

Mostar Sevdah Reunion & Amira - Blaguno dejče mori
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fO9Huj26QA

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-05, 13:07
by Svet
It is Macedonian and since it uses a lot of old Turkish words, I have a strong suspicion that it might originate from the time of the Ottoman empire.

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-06, 0:20
by IvoCarog
linguoboy wrote:Ha! I happened to be listening to "Но Казвам Ти Стига" when I stumbled upon this thread. But if I had to pick a favourite Azis song, it would be "Черни Очи".


:silly:

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-06, 22:04
by Rémy LeBeau
Can anyone tell me who performs this song? Damn. I really want to learn Macedonian now. But something tells me that trying to learn Serbo-Croatian and Macedonian at the same time would result in much confusion and disaster...

Makedonsko devojče
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4d3iS8mHw

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-06, 22:13
by Svet
Виолета Томовска и Кирил Манчевски

I highly recommend Macedonian to you. The language (i.e. dialect) is easier, and it hardly has any grammatical cases. :mrgreen:

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-08, 11:04
by kalata23
Svet, you should post the lyrics of "Хамлет" оr "Клетва".

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-08, 11:49
by Ludwig Whitby
The only чалга musician I like is Милко Калайджиев. He's got a more traditional, old school sound, and humorous songs and videos, like GSM and Къде си батко. Азис and Милко are actually known in Serbia as well.

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-08, 17:11
by kalata23
It's very sad. That foreigners have bad taste for Bulgarian music. They prefer chalga (that is not music) than folklore, pop, rock or whatever. I don't understand why.

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-08, 17:16
by Ludwig Whitby
I'm pretty sure it's music. This isn't music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKuZzR2FknI

And also, what I find sad and can't understand is why do people say that they don't consider music genres they don't like to be music at all. It's something I've often heard here as well. Some don't consider turbo-folk and chalga music, and on the other hand some don't consider metal and punk to be music.

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-08, 17:21
by linguoboy
kalata23 wrote:It's very sad. That foreigners have bad taste for Bulgarian music. They prefer chalga (that is not music) than folklore, pop, rock or whatever. I don't understand why.

Well, I'm sorry you don't approve of my taste in music. If it's any consolation, you would probably think I have bad taste in American music as well.

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-08, 22:48
by kalata23
I think most foreigners love chalga because of the melody.

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-08, 22:54
by Svet
I don't like rock, punk, metal and I don't like chalga either. But then again - it's a free personal choice. :)

Keep posting Bulgarian stuff, guys!

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-08, 22:57
by kalata23
Rumpetroll wrote:I'm pretty sure it's music. This isn't music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKuZzR2FknI

And also, what I find sad and can't understand is why do people say that they don't consider music genres they don't like to be music at all. It's something I've often heard here as well. Some don't consider turbo-folk and chalga music, and on the other hand some don't consider metal and punk to be music.

Because may be exactly chalga is something with no sense. Lyrics are crap. Most of them say something like: "Let's go to the highway to stop some young boys and make sex for money". The melody is crap too so elementary and monotonous. I respect the taste of all people, but i don't think chalga can be music. Of course this is my opinion.

Re: Bulgarian Music

Posted: 2011-02-08, 23:27
by Ludwig Whitby
kalata23 wrote:
Rumpetroll wrote:I'm pretty sure it's music. This isn't music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKuZzR2FknI

And also, what I find sad and can't understand is why do people say that they don't consider music genres they don't like to be music at all. It's something I've often heard here as well. Some don't consider turbo-folk and chalga music, and on the other hand some don't consider metal and punk to be music.

Because may be exactly chalga is something with no sense. Lyrics are crap. Most of them say something like: "Let's go to the highway to stop some young boys and make sex for money". The melody is crap too so elementary and monotonous. I respect the taste of all people, but i don't think chalga can be music. Of course this is my opinion.


And my opinion is that you can go and fuck yourself with your opinion.
kalata23 wrote:I think most foreigners love chalga because of the melody.

Why, thank you, captain Obvious.