Please help! Short English>Bulgarian translation needed

Moderator:gothwolf

Mens Libera
Please help! Short English>Bulgarian translation needed

Postby Mens Libera » 2010-07-19, 14:29

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry to sound in a rush, but I have very little time to make this short request! :blush:

I would really like to translate "Thank you for letting me use your computer. You should start charging fees for allowing me to treat your house as a hotel. Best wishes." into Bulgarian. It's to write in a card as a thank-you (obviously). :D

Many, many thanks in advance!

paruha

Re: Please help! Short English>Bulgarian translation needed

Postby paruha » 2010-07-20, 8:59

"thank you for letting me use your computer" is about past use, right? Or do you mean for future use as well? If it's the latter, I should correct my translation.

Informal:
Благодаря ти, че ми позволи да използвам компютъра ти. Трябва да започнеш да ми искаш такса, задето ми позволяваш да се отнасям към дома ти като към хотел. Желая ти всичко най-добро!

Formal:
Благодаря ви, че ми позволихте да използвам компютъра ви. Трябва да започнете да ми искате такса, задето ми позволявате да се отнасям към дома ви като към хотел. Желая ви всичко най-добро!
Защо да харчим пари, които нямаме, за да купим неща, които не са ни нужни, така че да впечатлим хора, които не харесваме?

I don't even remember what standard deviation is.
BezierCurve: It's some important part of sadistics, I believe.

Mens Libera

Postby Mens Libera » 2010-07-20, 13:15

Yes, the using of the computer is in reference to the past, so no need to change the translation you kindly provided. :mrgreen: Obviously the bit about charging fees as if the house were a hotel is intended to be humorous.

Thank you ever so much!

kalata23

Postby kalata23 » 2010-11-27, 0:13

Don't forget about when you use the formal form "Вие" to write it with capital letter.
Азь Буки Веди Глаголи Добро Есть Живети Дзело Земле Иже Како Люде Мыслите Наш Он Покой Ръци Слово Твърдо

paruha

Postby paruha » 2010-11-29, 11:44

kalata23 wrote:Don't forget about when you use the formal form "Вие" to write it with capital letter.

It's with capital letter only when used in formal documents and letters. Otherwise it isn't.
Защо да харчим пари, които нямаме, за да купим неща, които не са ни нужни, така че да впечатлим хора, които не харесваме?

I don't even remember what standard deviation is.
BezierCurve: It's some important part of sadistics, I believe.

kalata23

Postby kalata23 » 2010-11-29, 20:15

paruha wrote:
kalata23 wrote:Don't forget about when you use the formal form "Вие" to write it with capital letter.

It's with capital letter only when used in formal documents and letters. Otherwise it isn't.

Yep that i meant.....
Азь Буки Веди Глаголи Добро Есть Живети Дзело Земле Иже Како Люде Мыслите Наш Он Покой Ръци Слово Твърдо

lemourchik

Postby lemourchik » 2022-02-07, 9:40

Is it correct translation??

According to the results above OKSANA MARTYNOVA ‘s level of Bulgarian language proficiency according to Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) refers to level B2 (Independent user). Due to this she is highly recommended for studying and working in Bulgaria.

Според резултатите по-горе нивото на владеене на български език на ОКСАНА МАРТИНОВА съгласно Общата европейска референтна рамка (CEFR) се отнася до ниво B2 (Независим потребител). Поради това е силно препоръчана за обучение и работа в България.

Woods

Postby Woods » 2022-04-28, 20:21

lemourchik wrote:Is it correct translation??

According to the results above OKSANA MARTYNOVA ‘s level of Bulgarian language proficiency according to Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) refers to level B2 (Independent user). Due to this she is highly recommended for studying and working in Bulgaria.

Според резултатите по-горе нивото на владеене на български език на ОКСАНА МАРТИНОВА съгласно Общата европейска референтна рамка (CEFR) се отнася до ниво B2 (Независим потребител). Поради това е силно препоръчана за обучение и работа в България.

It sounds rather okay. Maybe only the last sentence feels a little bit off, but I'm not exactly sure how to say it. There are two possible forms - "препоръчана" is a past participle, i.e. someone has recommended her, while "препоръчвана" is present active, i.e. someone is recommending her right now, but that also sounds like she is being actively recommended at many places at the same time, which I suppose is not how the author would like to say it.

Is that a machine translation? If it was done by a human, they should learn to take a step away from the original text and say the thing using the target language, not translate word by word.

Good luck to Oksana Martynova in Bulgaria!

Return to “Bulgarian (Български)”