A Family Letter

Moderator:TheStrayCat

Tranquility
A Family Letter

Postby Tranquility » 2022-05-24, 16:57

Good morning, My grandmother's parents came to Canada from Ukraine in 1898 and went through many hardships. My Great Grandfather was put in the Brandon, Manitoba, mental institution here in Canada, and they all refused to speak of him as was the norm back then in the earlier 1900s.
We have found a 3-page letter handwritten in, we believe, Ukrainian by our Great Grandmother to one of her sons, and we would like it translated into English. Is there someone who could do this for us?

Very kind regards,

Tranquility

linguoboy

Re: A Family Letter

Postby linguoboy » 2022-05-24, 17:42

Tranquility wrote:Good morning, My grandmother's parents came to Canada from Ukraine in 1898 and went through many hardships. My Great Grandfather was put in the Brandon, Manitoba, mental institution here in Canada, and they all refused to speak of him as was the norm back then in the earlier 1900s.
We have found a 3-page letter handwritten in, we believe, Ukrainian by our Great Grandmother to one of her sons, and we would like it translated into English. Is there someone who could do this for us?

I may be able to connect you to someone who can do this. (He generally translates poetry from English to Ukrainian but might be willing to go the other way.) What's your budget?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Return to “Ukrainian (Українська)”