How are VN abroad students seen in VN?

korn

How are VN abroad students seen in VN?

Postby korn » 2013-06-17, 13:57

Hi there,

How are Vietnamese students, who studied abroad, seen in Vietnam?

Are they considered as very smart/ very rich/ both/ what else....?
Does it make a difference if it the people who went abroad attended High-School or college in a foreign country?
Given they studied at a college, did their subject matter (social science vs. MINT subjects)?
Also, are they more/ less/ just as valuable on the job market in comparison to their VN colleagues who stayed in their homeland?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
k.
Please correct all my mistakes, no matter how trivial they may seem to you, also, please help me to improve my phrases. Thank you in advance!
---
S'il vous plaît, corrigez toutes mes fautes, même si elles vous paraissent insignifiantes. Et aidez-moi, s'il vous plaît, à améliorer ma façon de m'exprimer. Merci d'avance!
---
Nếu tôi viết chỗ nào chưa đúng, dù là lỗi nhỏ hay nghiêm trọng, thì các bạn hãy sửa lại giúp tôi hoặc góp ý để tôi có thể học hỏi và rút kinh nghiệm. Cám ơn các bạn nhé!

abcdefg

Re: How are VN abroad students seen in VN?

Postby abcdefg » 2013-06-29, 15:30

Generally they're more respected than domestic students and will be given big preference when it comes to job application. They're seen as more adaptable, versatile thinking, more mature, more self-initiative... all those things regardless of their majors. And the lengthier you stayed abroad, the more valuable you will be to the company. Kind of like how expats are paid much much higher than similarly qualified local employees.

But of course the country where you have been/come from plays an important role. Few ppl would care if you're from Laos or Cambodia, or a poor African country. They want 1st world nationals/students and will offer heaps to get you. You just have to compete with other foreigners, abroad students, elite students here but will be favored above the commoners, given that the school you went to rings a bell to them :P
Tôi kể người nghe chuyện Phố-trong-sông,
chuyện những mùa Đông đi qua thời con gái.
Bóng đổ dài, bước chân người mê mải
Gió chở mùa về,
hoang hoải cả giấc mơ..

korn

Postby korn » 2013-07-14, 21:05

What kind of students go abroad studying?

Are their family rich?
Are they particular talented and/ or have high grades in school?
Do they have relatives in the country they're migrating?
Please correct all my mistakes, no matter how trivial they may seem to you, also, please help me to improve my phrases. Thank you in advance!
---
S'il vous plaît, corrigez toutes mes fautes, même si elles vous paraissent insignifiantes. Et aidez-moi, s'il vous plaît, à améliorer ma façon de m'exprimer. Merci d'avance!
---
Nếu tôi viết chỗ nào chưa đúng, dù là lỗi nhỏ hay nghiêm trọng, thì các bạn hãy sửa lại giúp tôi hoặc góp ý để tôi có thể học hỏi và rút kinh nghiệm. Cám ơn các bạn nhé!

Vinta

Postby Vinta » 2013-08-07, 14:12

What kind of students go abroad studying?
1. Excellent students who earn scholarships to study abroad
2. Students who prefer a different education system, one that is recognized worldwide
3. Students who failed at high school and studying abroad is the only viable option (family's pride)

Are their family rich?
Some are filthy rich. Most are rich. Some are not.

Are they particular talented and/ or have high grades in school?
Yes and no. Some really outstanding students get scholarships and go abroad to study. And there are also some who did so badly at school they can't get to any universities, so they study abroad instead, and of course their family are rich, very rich.
I have a few friends who just like studying abroad (better educational system) and their family support them. Finland seems to be a good choice.

Do they have relatives in the country they're migrating?
Usually no. And they're not migrating? They're studying abroad.

Return to “South East Asian Languages”