Typing letters unique to Persian on an Arabic keyboard with Windows 10 - please advise

Moderator:eskandar

Talha
Typing letters unique to Persian on an Arabic keyboard with Windows 10 - please advise

Postby Talha » 2017-08-09, 16:04

Hey fellow readers,

I would appreciate any help on getting to type the letters unique to Persian i.e. چ گ پ on an Arabic keyboard. Currently I am copying and pasting from online Persian keyboards to display those letters on the forums.

I'm thinking one needs to set up some sort of key stroke combinations e.g alt + . = چ.

Thank you for reading.

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Typing letters unique to Persian on an Arabic keyboard with Windows 10 - please advise

Postby eskandar » 2017-08-10, 7:48

Unfortunately I don't know anything about modifying the Windows Arabic keyboard. I use this phonetic keyboard for Persian, which is also capable of typing letters unique to Arabic like ك and ي .
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Talha

Re: Typing letters unique to Persian on an Arabic keyboard with Windows 10 - please advise

Postby Talha » 2017-08-12, 20:40

Thanks for that. I've installed it and use the Windows button + space bar to jump through the options.

Ideally I would like to find a way to just use two keyboards with some special key combination to get the letters of the other language.

Like, alt+ج could be چ (which is 'c' on the phonetic Farsi keyboard).

:hmm:

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2017-08-12, 22:29

You can just use the Persian keyboard, which has served me well for both languages. Shift+K for ك , shift+B for ي , shift+L for ة , etc. The same page you downloaded it from lists all the keystrokes.
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Return to “Persian/Farsi (فارسی)”