Hi, we are making a short documentary on Afghan refugees crossing the border to Norway. Because of the language barrier, we have made a short sheet of questions which we can hopefully just point to and they will answer (translation will happen in post-production).
We are filmmakers form Norway. We are making a film about the experiences of refugees who are trying to find their way to Norway.
1. You are soon arriving to Norway, what do you hope will happen when you arrive?
2. What are your hopes and dreams for a new life? What is the best that can happen?
3. Can you please say something about what is the worst thing about having to flee your homeland?
4. Can you also try to say something about what is the best about breaking out of your country and heading for something new?
5. Did you bring a possession as a "memory"/keepsake from home? Can you please show us? Why did you bring this particular thing?
6. Who did you have to leave behind to come here?
7. What did your mother/father say when you told her that you wanted to flee, and how did it make you feel?
8. Do you want to send a greeting to someone, friends or family back home? Please look into the kamera and say your greeting.
9. Can you understand that some people are sceptical to all the refugees who are coming into their countries. What would you like to say to them?
10. We are planning to travel like "refugees" but will do it in the opposite direction, from here and all the way down to Afghanistan. What do you think about that?
11. What is your favorite football team?
We don't want to resort to google-translate and look like idiots, so if anyone can help with the translation we wil be eternally grateful