Funny clip! Is it in Kurdish?

Moderator:voron

ycc_swe
Funny clip! Is it in Kurdish?

Postby ycc_swe » 2014-08-02, 22:52

Hi,

Recently, during the Eurovision Song Contest, the Swedish national television company broadcast a clip over all of Europe.

I think the clip is pretty funny and almost unique. The Swedish Prime Minister acts as himself and gets scolded by a workmate for not washing his own coffee mug.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SX1rQdUl8-M
(The scene starts at 1:30)

But I don't understand the two people saying the final lines. They speak a language I do not know. (They don't use Swedish or English.)

I got this suggestion in this forum
HoneyBuzzard wrote:I think the actress is Nisti Stêrk, so try the Kurdish forum.

Does anyone here know what language they are using?
What do they say?
Do you even know the name of the actors?

Thanks.

Set

Re: Funny clip! Is it in Kurdish?

Postby Set » 2014-08-03, 13:19

Yeah, it's Sorani Kurdish. It's a bit difficult to hear, but the woman says something like: "he said something about his mother". The guy might have said something like: "I wouldn't have done that", but I'm really not sure.
Native:[flag=]en[/flag] Good:[flag=]de[/flag][flag=]ca[/flag] Focusing on:[flag=]fa[/flag][flag=]ku[/flag][flag=]ps[/flag] Interested in:[flag=]zza[/flag][flag=]tr[/flag][flag=]sw[/flag]

ycc_swe

Re: Funny clip! Is it in Kurdish?

Postby ycc_swe » 2014-08-06, 20:34

Set wrote:Yeah, it's Sorani Kurdish. It's a bit difficult to hear, but the woman says something like: "he said something about his mother". The guy might have said something like: "I wouldn't have done that", but I'm really not sure.

Thanks. I think you are good at this. I just got a reply from the secretary of the Swedish Kurdish friendship union. I assume he is a Kurdish native speaker.

He gives the same translation as you do for what the woman says. For what the man says, he can not say. He is not sure it is even in Kurdish! (I don't know how mutually understandable the different Kurdish dialects are.)

Return to “Kurdish (Kurdî/کوردی)”