What word is right?

Moderator:vijayjohn

jiback7
What word is right?

Postby jiback7 » 2012-09-24, 3:20

When I collect vocabulary, how can I efficiently find the correct, commonly-used words?
(too many hindi-speakers tell me that my vocabulary is too ancient and literary...)

Meera

Re: What word is right?

Postby Meera » 2012-09-25, 3:53

jiback7 wrote:When I collect vocabulary, how can I efficiently find the correct, commonly-used words?
(too many hindi-speakers tell me that my vocabulary is too ancient and literary...)

Hmm, I would use the most up to date dictionaries and textbooks. Also listen to regular people talking on TV or the radio(just not news programs). I really don't have a lot of other advice, you will just develop an ear for it the more you study.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

Gaqua77

Postby Gaqua77 » 2012-10-05, 6:54

Read newspaper regularly, hear the talk shows, read novels, spend time on literature books. These options can help u alot specially the newspaper reading.

Saim

Postby Saim » 2012-10-22, 17:37

Meera wrote:
jiback7 wrote:When I collect vocabulary, how can I efficiently find the correct, commonly-used words?

Hmm, I would use the most up to date dictionaries and textbooks. Also listen to regular people talking on TV or the radio(just not news programs). I really don't have a lot of other advice, you will just develop an ear for it the more you study.

This. Now when I look in a dictionary I have a much better idea which is some nonsense Sanskritic word, which is Perso-Arabic and which is native vocabulary...

Return to “Hindi/Urdu (हिन्दी/اُردو)”