The Bollywood Topic

Moderator: vijayjohn

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24650
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-08-15, 1:27

Meera wrote:The best Bollywood actors are the most underrated ones.

Like who? Now you've got me curious. :)

User avatar
Meera
Posts: 8740
Joined: 2008-05-27, 22:01
Real Name: Meera
Gender: female
Location: Philadelphia
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby Meera » 2015-08-15, 2:53

vijayjohn wrote:
Meera wrote:The best Bollywood actors are the most underrated ones.

Like who? Now you've got me curious. :)


Ronit Roy is one, he was amazing in Udaan. Arjun Rampal could probably be a much better hero than Salman, same with John Abraham. They are just never given the chance. Ranveer Singh and Sushant Singh Rajput. Shreyas Tapalde, Irrfan Khan, Manoj Bajpayee, Randeep Hooda, and Farhan Akhrtar used to be underrated. He kind of still is. I will add Shahid Kapoor too I never liked him that much but he blew me away in Haider. I will add Nawazuddin Siddiqui too.
अहिंसा/เจ
True Love: (hi)
TAC 2017: (hi) (ja) (ko)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24650
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-08-15, 16:08

Meera wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:
Meera wrote:The best Bollywood actors are the most underrated ones.

Like who? Now you've got me curious. :)


Ronit Roy is one, he was amazing in Udaan. Arjun Rampal could probably be a much better hero than Salman, same with John Abraham. They are just never given the chance. Ranveer Singh and Sushant Singh Rajput. Shreyas Tapalde, Irrfan Khan, Manoj Bajpayee, Randeep Hooda, and Farhan Akhrtar used to be underrated. He kind of still is. I will add Shahid Kapoor too I never liked him that much but he blew me away in Haider. I will add Nawazuddin Siddiqui too.

Wow, I was sure I'd heard of three of those people you just listed until I realized that I confused two of them for other actors with kind of similar names, and it turns out the only one of them I've even heard of is John Abraham. :shock: :lol:

User avatar
Meera
Posts: 8740
Joined: 2008-05-27, 22:01
Real Name: Meera
Gender: female
Location: Philadelphia
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby Meera » 2015-08-15, 16:49

John Abraham is known for being eye candy heartthrob, but he is quite good in movies like Madras Cafe. He is a lot better than some of the Khan's anyway :P
अहिंसा/เจ
True Love: (hi)
TAC 2017: (hi) (ja) (ko)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24650
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-08-16, 13:55

Oh OK. I actually haven't seen any of his movies yet, but I'll take your word for it. :lol: Probably like everybody who acted in Ankur except maybe Shabana Azmi is underrated, too. :P Or really, probably most of the great actors in Hindi art cinema are underrated.

User avatar
TeneReef
Posts: 3073
Joined: 2010-04-17, 23:22
Gender: male
Location: Kampor
Country: HR Croatia (Hrvatska)

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby TeneReef » 2015-09-06, 17:12

vijayjohn wrote:
Meera wrote:The best Bollywood actors are the most underrated ones.

Like who? Now you've got me curious. :)


Kangna
विकृतिः एवम्‌ प्रकृति
learning in 2019: (no-nn)

User avatar
Meera
Posts: 8740
Joined: 2008-05-27, 22:01
Real Name: Meera
Gender: female
Location: Philadelphia
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby Meera » 2015-09-06, 19:55

TeneReef wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:
Meera wrote:The best Bollywood actors are the most underrated ones.

Like who? Now you've got me curious. :)


Kangna


Agree, she is amazing and only gets hated on!
अहिंसा/เจ
True Love: (hi)
TAC 2017: (hi) (ja) (ko)

Bijlee

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby Bijlee » 2016-06-18, 5:24

I got cable again at my house, so I've been watching some of the Bollywood stuff on demand. There aren't many free options for me, but so far I've watched Raanjhanaa and Lootera. They were both entertaining, but the main guys in them were major creeps. :P

I think in Lootera the main guy wouldn't have been as dickish if he wouldn't have treated Pakhi so bad in the end of the movie. She was right to be hateful to him for what he did to her. I guess it was all to give him that new tough guy aspect, but his likable side completely disappeared.

User avatar
Meera
Posts: 8740
Joined: 2008-05-27, 22:01
Real Name: Meera
Gender: female
Location: Philadelphia
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby Meera » 2016-06-24, 19:51

Bijlee wrote:I got cable again at my house, so I've been watching some of the Bollywood stuff on demand. There aren't many free options for me, but so far I've watched Raanjhanaa and Lootera. They were both entertaining, but the main guys in them were major creeps. :P

I think in Lootera the main guy wouldn't have been as dickish if he wouldn't have treated Pakhi so bad in the end of the movie. She was right to be hateful to him for what he did to her. I guess it was all to give him that new tough guy aspect, but his likable side completely disappeared.


I agree about Lootera. He was an idiot. By the way Bijlee you should watch Neerja if you can find it.

Raanjhana I hated the male lead so much. He was such a prick. I was glad he died
अहिंसा/เจ
True Love: (hi)
TAC 2017: (hi) (ja) (ko)

Bijlee

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby Bijlee » 2016-06-26, 1:15

Meera wrote:I agree about Lootera. He was an idiot. By the way Bijlee you should watch Neerja if you can find it.

Will do. :mrgreen:

I was glad he died

Same lol. If only the main woman didn't admit to the crime. She could have salvaged her life from what he did. Also wtf with him threatening to cut himself in the beginning of the movie and she suddenly loves him after that? I've seen that a couple times in Bollywood now. So weird. :P

User avatar
Meera
Posts: 8740
Joined: 2008-05-27, 22:01
Real Name: Meera
Gender: female
Location: Philadelphia
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: The Bollywood Topic

Postby Meera » 2016-06-26, 3:10

Bijlee wrote:
Meera wrote:I agree about Lootera. He was an idiot. By the way Bijlee you should watch Neerja if you can find it.

Will do. :mrgreen:

I was glad he died

Same lol. If only the main woman didn't admit to the crime. She could have salvaged her life from what he did. Also wtf with him threatening to cut himself in the beginning of the movie and she suddenly loves him after that? I've seen that a couple times in Bollywood now. So weird. :P


Yeah thats a trope in Bollywood films. Something like that happened in The Notebook too. Ryan Gosling's charecter forced Rachel McAdams on a date with him saying he'd jump off the ferris wheel if she didn't. It is not cute or romantic at all.
अहिंसा/เจ
True Love: (hi)
TAC 2017: (hi) (ja) (ko)


Return to “Hindi/Urdu (हिन्दी/اُردو)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest