Afrikaans song lyrics

Moderator:Aurinĭa

Shiba
Country:ZASouth Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)
Re: Afrikaans song lyrics

Postby Shiba » 2012-03-12, 20:11

I'm not sure you want Jack Parow's lyrics... ^^;; According to my brother, Parow can be amusing and clean sometimes, but especially when he's not collaborating with other groups he tends to get somewhat dirty. I don't know that particular song though; it could be alright, though I'm not placing any bets. Also, I'm pretty sure "Waar lê jy vanaand" isn't too great either, judging by the title. ^^;; The other two sound fine, though.

I don't really listen to our popular artists, especially since I haven't been in a public place (where you hear popular radio stations) lately, so I don't know any of these songs; but you could try googling them, and then, if you want the lyrics translated, I could translate them for you. :)
Native: Afrikaans (af) English (en) || Intermediate: German (de) || Beginner: Some odd combination of Riksmål and Bokmål and whatever (no) || Learning on-and-off: Russian (ru) || Curious: Breton (br) Welsh (cy) Finnish (fi)
Korrigere feilene mine, vær så snill!

Die HERE is my herder; niks sal my ontbreek nie. ~ Psalm 23:1

Etxebunti

Postby Etxebunti » 2012-03-12, 22:12

Shiba wrote:I'm not sure you want Jack Parow's lyrics... ^^;; According to my brother, Parow can be amusing and clean sometimes, but especially when he's not collaborating with other groups he tends to get somewhat dirty.

OK I'll try to find some lyrics and pick a clean song

Shiba wrote: Also, I'm pretty sure "Waar lê jy vanaand" isn't too great either, judging by the title. ^^;; The other two sound fine, though.

:oops: I translated the title today...I wasn't expecting that meaning!

Shiba wrote:I don't really listen to our popular artists, especially since I haven't been in a public place (where you hear popular radio stations) lately, so I don't know any of these songs; but you could try googling them, and then, if you want the lyrics translated, I could translate them for you. :)

I would be glad if you could suggest me some artists, so that I will be able to improve my knowledge of Afrikaans music! :D

I found the lyrics of "liewe ouers" and I tried to translate the song, here are the Afrikaans lyrics and below them my translation:

Ons is twee Suid Afrikaners in 'n backpacker iewers in Europa 'n stad.
Ons ken 'n mielie en 'n stroper en 'n John Deer trekker ons het die weer en kultuur geonderskat.
Want hier sit ons in 'n kamer met 'n Aussie en Kiwi en 'n Duitser en Ier of twee Japs.
En almal behalwe ek en Stevie bestudeer opgewonde hulle maps.

We are two south afrikaner in a backpacker(?)
Somewhere in Europe, a city.
We recognize corn and a stroper(?) and a john deer tractor.
We have underestimated the weather and the culture.
Because here we sit in a room wit an Aussie, a Kiwi and a German and ler(?) or two Japanese.
And everybody exept me and stevie are exitingly studying their map.

Hulle chat oor als wat hul gaan sien, watter museums watter outydse gebou.
Ek en Stevie chat oor rugby en oor 2010 se sokker Worldcup en sy broer se rowwe troue.
Maar in ons sak is daar 'n padkaart van 'n hele ander missie maar praat nie uit nie dis os konfidensieel.
Dis 'n Suid Afrikaanse kompetisie om te ontsnap uit die backpackers perseel.

They chat about what they are going to see, which museum, which old fashionned building
Me and Stevie are talking about rugby and about the 2010 world cup and his brother's (rowwe?) wedding.
But in our bag there is a roadmap of an other task but we keep it confidential
It is a South African competition to escape of the backpackers lot(?)

Instrumenteel

Middernag so pas ... check!
Balaklawa kompas ... check!
Walkie-talkie toets oor en uit.
Stevie, jy is bravo een ... move uit.

Midnight just pass...check!
balaclava compass...check!
Walkie talkie tested
Stevie, i'm bravo one...move out

Instrumenteel

Bravo een, bravo een ... kom in.
Identifiseer jou posisie.
Bravo een staan by, ek's alreeds in die dak, baie stof en ek het bitter swak visie.

Bravo one, bravo one
Identify your position
Bravo one stand by, I'm now in the roof, a lot of dust and i have a poor vision

Liewe ouers, hier's 'n rot, hier's 'n rot en hy's groter as 'n dassie!
Liewe ouers, dis rot of nee wag. ek sweer dis 'n dassie!
Liewe ouers, liewe ouers, liewe ouers.

Dear parents, there's a rat! here a rat! and it's bigger than a rabbit
Dear parents this rat of nee wag(?) I swear it's a rabbit!
Dear parents x3

Mean while by die huis is daar 'n spitbraai, iewers langs die Bronkhorstspruit dam.
Daar is mielies en sosaties en 'n bak slaai, braai broodjies met tamatie, kaas en ham.
En die manne staan in Speedo's om die vuurtjie en bespiegel of die Hane en die Aussie en die Kiwi.
Wie was die beste kaptein John Smith of Corné Krige en hul wonder nou hoe gaan dit met ek en Stevie?

Mean while there is a braai by the house somewher along the Bronkhorstspruit dam
there is corn and soasties(?) and a bowl of salad, braai rolls with tomatoes, cheese and ham.
And the men stand in swim suites around the fire speculating about the Hane (les bleus?) the kiwis and the aussies.
Who was the best captain John Smith or Corné Kridge and they wonder now what's going on with me and Stevie?

Hulle imagine hoe ons kuier, hoe ons girls op chat met ons rough looks en Afrika aksent.
Hoe ons outydse geboue en museums verken, Brussesl, Brugge en Parys en ook Gent.
Maar iewers in Europa in gryserige stad sit 'n bang Suid Afrikaner in 'n dak.
Hy mis 'n mielie en 'n stroper sy Jack Russel en sy kat en 'n somer warm Afrika sonsak.

They are wondering how we are visiting, how girls chat with us and our south african accent.
How our old building and museum look like, Brussel, Brugge, Paris and also Gent
But somewhere in Europe, in a grey town, sit an afraid South African in the dark.
he misses corn and stroper(?) with his Jack Russels, his cat and the warm South Africa summer sonsak(?).

Instrumenteel

Balaklawa kompas ... check!
Kopliggie harnas ... check!
Walkie-talkie toets, oor en uit.
Okay, ek is bravo twee ... move uit.

balaclava compass...check!
Head strap...checked!
Walkie talkie tested
Okay I'm bravo two...move out

Instrumenteel

Bravo een, bravo een ... kom in.
Identifiseer jou posisie.
Bravo een staan by, jy't nog nooit so iets gesien nie, ek's skyt bang ... asseblief bel die polisie!

Bravo one, bravo one?
Identify your position.
Bravo one stand by, I haven't seen anything, I'm frightenned, please call the police!

Liewe ouers nog 'n rot, nog 'n rot en hy's groter as 'n Staffie!
Liewe ouers, dis rot of nee wag ek sweer dis 'n Staffie!
Liewe ouers, Ahhhhhhh!
Help my, ek soek my ma, ek wil huistoe gaan.

Liewe ouers, liewe ouers, liewe ouers.

Dear parents a rat again, a rat again and it's bigger than a Staffie!
Dear parents this rat of nee wag(?) I swear it's a Staffie!
Dear parents, aaaaah!
Help me, I'm looking for my mum, I want to go home

Dear parents x3

Etxebunti
Please correct my Afrikaans, dankie!

native[flag]fr[/flag] ; good [flag]en[/flag] ; beginner [flag]eu[/flag] & [flag]es[/flag]; really interested in [flag]af[/flag] ; : forgotten [flag]de[/flag]

Shiba

Postby Shiba » 2012-03-14, 19:42

Etxebunti wrote:
Shiba wrote: Also, I'm pretty sure "Waar lê jy vanaand" isn't too great either, judging by the title. ^^;; The other two sound fine, though.

:oops: I translated the title today...I wasn't expecting that meaning!

No problem. I hate when that happens, you find a really awesome foreign song and it has some stupid meaning.

Etxebunti wrote:I found the lyrics of "liewe ouers" and I tried to translate the song, here are the Afrikaans lyrics and below them my translation:

Your translation was really good! :)

You had it pretty much right.

Here are the things you had trouble with:
Backpacker: I don't know either, but I think it's a kind of trailer, going from the context.
Stroper: Harvester; it's a large vehicle used on farms for, well, harvesting.
Ier: Irishman (or Irishwoman, but in the context of the song, it's probably a man)
Rowwe: Rough
Backpackers' lot: If a backpacker is a trailer, then that would be a trailer park. Their wanting to escape from the trailer park is probably a metaphor for their wanting to escape from their life and go back to South Africa.
Dassie: Rock hyrax, not rabbit. (A rabbit in Afrikaans is a "haas" or a "konyn". A "haas" is a hare and a "konyn" is a rabbit, technically, but people tend to use "haas" as a collective term. Also, rabbits aren't seen as a typically South African animal, but rock hyraxes are very common, even among rocks near the sea.)
"Of nee, wag": "Or no, wait"
Sosaties: Kebabs, a traditional (and very tasty!) dish.
Hane: Indeed your Rugby team. :)
Sonsak: Sunset. The actual word is "sonsondergang" (son + s + ondergang - "sun descent").

Also, Stevie is bravo one - "jy" is "you" in Afrikaans (I know, it's confusing!).

Unfortunately there was one swear word in the song, but I'd rather not say what it is. x) That was rather stupid of the writer, because it really didn't change anything to the song. There are plenty of other words s/he could have used to greater effect.
But sadly I know that going dirty is a tendency in modern Afrikaans literature, so I suppose that doing the same, and swearing can only be expected in modern songs as well. :/

Etxebunti wrote:
Shiba wrote:I don't really listen to our popular artists, especially since I haven't been in a public place (where you hear popular radio stations) lately, so I don't know any of these songs; but you could try googling them, and then, if you want the lyrics translated, I could translate them for you. :)

I would be glad if you could suggest me some artists, so that I will be able to improve my knowledge of Afrikaans music! :D

Sure! :D I don't really know all that many (hehe, I also like listening to foreign music), but here we go:
There's one metal band (I don't listen to metal, but my brother does, which is why know about it) called "Straatligkinders".
Weerwolf, from this forum, listens to AB de Villiers. I've only heard one song of his, but it was perfectly clean and from its contents I'm pretty sure De Villiers's songs should all be clean.
Juanita du Plessis's songs are, as far as I know, good as well.

Beyond that I don't know any specific artists who are always clean, but I can think of a few good songs by Bok van Blerk: "Tyd om te Trek", "Die Kaplyn" and "De la Rey"
(Unfortunately Van Blerk isn't always clean either, but those songs are, and the Afrikaans used in them is very pure and good.)

I'll ask my brother for more good artists. :) Which genres do you like best?

By the way, if you like reading, there are a lot of older Afrikaans authors I could suggest to you. I'll suggest Dana Snyman anyway: he writes for some major magazines about his life experiences. Many of the articles he writes describe typical Afrikaans scenes from around the 60's, but he also writes about other events and scenes. His Afrikaans is impeccable and creative. I usually read his articles in magazines, but there should be some available on the internet.
Native: Afrikaans (af) English (en) || Intermediate: German (de) || Beginner: Some odd combination of Riksmål and Bokmål and whatever (no) || Learning on-and-off: Russian (ru) || Curious: Breton (br) Welsh (cy) Finnish (fi)

Etxebunti

Postby Etxebunti » 2012-03-14, 21:49

Shiba wrote:Your translation was really good! :)

Dankie! En dankie vir die korreksie op die woorde ek het nie verstaan nie.

Shiba wrote:Hane: Indeed your Rugby team. :)

Ouais!! Allez les Bleus!! :D

Shiba wrote:Sure! :D I don't really know all that many (hehe, I also like listening to foreign music), but here we go:
There's one metal band (I don't listen to metal, but my brother does, which is why know about it) called "Straatligkinders".
Weerwolf, from this forum, listens to AB de Villiers. I've only heard one song of his, but it was perfectly clean and from its contents I'm pretty sure De Villiers's songs should all be clean.
Juanita du Plessis's songs are, as far as I know, good as well.

Beyond that I don't know any specific artists who are always clean, but I can think of a few good songs by Bok van Blerk: "Tyd om te Trek", "Die Kaplyn" and "De la Rey"
(Unfortunately Van Blerk isn't always clean either, but those songs are, and the Afrikaans used in them is very pure and good.)

Thanks! I listened to the Van Blerk's songs, all three are great but "Afrikanerhart" is the one I like the most. I'll will have to listen to the other artists also!
I also found a song called "Sarie Marais" (and I'm sure the lyrics are clean!), I think it will be my next translation, this song also exists in French...I will see if the two songs share the same meaning.

Shiba wrote:I'll ask my brother for more good artists. :) Which genres do you like best?

Thanks!The genres I like the most are : folk, rock, metal and traditionnal songs.
But I'm open to other genres especially if the songs are meaningful!

Shiba wrote:By the way, if you like reading, there are a lot of older Afrikaans authors I could suggest to you. I'll suggest Dana Snyman anyway: he writes for some major magazines about his life experiences. Many of the articles he writes describe typical Afrikaans scenes from around the 60's, but he also writes about other events and scenes. His Afrikaans is impeccable and creative. I usually read his articles in magazines, but there should be some available on the internet.

Yes I do, I'm going to look at Dana Snyman work, if you have other authors or blogs or websites or anything else in Afrikaans that is worth reading I'm interested!

Etxebunti

native[flag]fr[/flag] ; good [flag]en[/flag] ; beginner [flag]eu[/flag] & [flag]es[/flag]; really interested in [flag]af[/flag] ; : forgotten [flag]de[/flag]

Shiba

Postby Shiba » 2012-03-16, 15:34

Etxebunti wrote:
Shiba wrote:Your translation was really good! :)

Dankie! En dankie vir die korreksie op van die woorde wat ek het nie verstaan het nie.

Eintlik dink ek dat dit beter sou wees om "verduideliking" (explanation) as "korreksie" te gebruik, want ek het nie die woorde gekorrigeer nie. :)

Etxebunti wrote:
Shiba wrote:Hane: Indeed your Rugby team. :)

Ouais!! Allez les Bleus!! :D

:D

Etxebunti wrote:Thanks! I listened to the Van Blerk's songs, all three are great but "Afrikanerhart" is the one I like the most. I'll will have to listen to the other artists also!
I also found a song called "Sarie Marais" (and I'm sure the lyrics are clean!), I think it will be my next translation, this song also exists in French...I will see if the two songs share the same meaning.

Ohh, I'd forgotten about "Afrikanerhart". It was on my "repeat-ad-nauseum-playlist" for a while! xD

Yes, "Sarie Marais" is a well-known folk song! :)

I heard of someone who went to an Asian country, I think it was South Korea, and when he told one of the Koreans that he was from South Africa, the Korean said, "But isn't this your national anthem?" and started singing "Sarie Marais"!

Etxebunti wrote:
Shiba wrote:I'll ask my brother for more good artists. :) Which genres do you like best?

Thanks!The genres I like the most are : folk, rock, metal and traditionnal songs.
But I'm open to other genres especially if the songs are meaningful!

Great. :)

Etxebunti wrote:
Shiba wrote:By the way, if you like reading, there are a lot of older Afrikaans authors I could suggest to you. I'll suggest Dana Snyman anyway: he writes for some major magazines about his life experiences. Many of the articles he writes describe typical Afrikaans scenes from around the 60's, but he also writes about other events and scenes. His Afrikaans is impeccable and creative. I usually read his articles in magazines, but there should be some available on the internet.

Yes I do, I'm going to look at Dana Snyman work, if you have other authors or blogs or websites or anything else in Afrikaans that is worth reading I'm interested!

Okay! :D
I really like "Stad in die Mis" by D. J. Opperman. It's a poem basically describing a city in the mist as a great, terrifying beast.
Some of our other great poets were Eugène N. Marais (some of his poems are quite depressing, though), N. P. van Wyk Louw and W. E. G. Louw (brother of N. P. van Wyk). Another great poem is "Ek het 'n huisie by die see" by H. A. Fagan.

A short story I can recommend is "Die dieper dors" by Elise Muller: it's about a woman who moved to the Karoo from the green Cape, so, apart from the story and its message, there are also good descriptions of these two areas.

Etxebunti

Postby Etxebunti » 2012-03-19, 16:35

Shiba wrote:Ohh, I'd forgotten about "Afrikanerhart". It was on my "repeat-ad-nauseum-playlist" for a while! xD

It is still in mine!

Shiba wrote:Okay! :D
I really like "Stad in die Mis" by D. J. Opperman. It's a poem basically describing a city in the mist as a great, terrifying beast.
Some of our other great poets were Eugène N. Marais (some of his poems are quite depressing, though), N. P. van Wyk Louw and W. E. G. Louw (brother of N. P. van Wyk). Another great poem is "Ek het 'n huisie by die see" by H. A. Fagan.

A short story I can recommend is "Die dieper dors" by Elise Muller: it's about a woman who moved to the Karoo from the green Cape, so, apart from the story and its message, there are also good descriptions of these two areas.

Ok thanks i'll take a look at these!

Shiba wrote:Yes, "Sarie Marais" is a well-known folk song! :)

I heard of someone who went to an Asian country, I think it was South Korea, and when he told one of the Koreans that he was from South Africa, the Korean said, "But isn't this your national anthem?" and started singing "Sarie Marais"!

haha! If I was to meet Afrikaners now that's probably the only song I could sing!
Speaking of Sarie Marais I translated the song in English. And I also translated the French version in Afrikaans.
Below is the Afrikaans to english translation :

My Sarie Marais is zo ver van my hart
maar ek hoop om haar weer te sien
Sys het in die wyk van die Mooirivier gewoon
nog voor die oorlog het begin

My Sarie is so far of my hart
but I hope to weer see her
She lived in the wyk of the Mooirivier
Before the war begun

oh bring my trug na die ou Transvaal
daar waar my Sarie woon
Daar onder in die mielies by die groen doringboom
Daar woon my Sarie Marais x2

Oh bring me to my old Transvaal
where my Sarie lives
there under the corn near the green doringboom
There lives my Sarie x2

Ek was so bang dat die Kakies my sou vang
en ver oor di see wegstuur
Toe vlug ek na die kant van die Upington se sand
daar onder langs die grootrivier

I was so afraid that the Kakies could catch me
and send me far away across the sea
So I fled to the upington's sands
Along the Grootrivier

daar waar my Sarie woon

Verlossing het gekom en die huitoe gaan was daar terug na die ou transvaal
My liewelings persoon sal seker ook daar wees
om my met 'n kus beloon

The salute cam and the huitoe gaan was still to the old Transvaal
My beloved person will be there to reward me with a kiss.

daar waar my Sarie woon

And below is the Afrikaans translation of the english translation of the french version lyrics (pfiew!):

oh Sari Mares my old friend
in me you remain alive
love is stronger that the rain and the wind
that can stop its rush

oh Sarie Marais my ou vriend
In ek, jy is lewe
die lief is sterker van die reën en die wind
dat kan dit aanvlieg stop.

I want to see again
In my old Transvaal
My stubble roofed farm
where the perfume of honey and pine trees embalms
the air is clear like the crystal

Ek sal nog sien
in my ou Transvaal
my plaas met die stoppel dak
waar inbalsem die parfuum van die heuning en die pyne
die lug is duidelik as kristal

oh Sari Mares is far of my hart
But I believe in her love
because it's in her arms that I knew love
And I will see her again

Oh Sarie Marais is ver van my hart
Maar ek glo in haar lief
want ek het in sy arm lief verstaan
En ek sal haar nog sien

refrein

When i was a kid I thought a demon stole my home
But when I was an adult
An horrible war took me away from my land.

toe ek was 'n kind, ek het gedink dat 'n duiwel my huis het geneem
Maar toe ek was 'n volwasse
'n aaklig oorlog het my ver van my land geneem

refrein

I hope my English to Afrikaans translation is understandable! :)

Lewis91

Postby Lewis91 » 2012-03-21, 1:22

Kan iemand my die lyrics van hierdie liedjie vertel, asseblief? Ek kon hul nie aanlyn vind nie en ek vind dit 'n bietjie moeilik om die woorde te volg en te verstaan. Maar die gesprek aan die begin kan ek goed verstaan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8xnkdjx3V0

linds113

Postby linds113 » 2012-08-16, 23:40

Hi, I hope you don't mind that I'm bumping this thread up. I also love Afrikaans music, but there are no lyrics available anywhere for my favorite songs. I was wondering if any of you could give me the lyrics to any these songs:

"Ko Ma Hier" - Willem Botha
"1001 Soene" - Heinz Winckler
"Ek Mis Jou" - Heinz Winckler
"Weer Se Dit Weer" - Hi5

I don't need the translations, I just need song lyrics.
I would really appreciate it SOO much. Thank you! :)

EDIT: Never mind, I don't need them anymore
Last edited by linds113 on 2013-02-15, 19:34, edited 2 times in total.

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2012-08-17, 8:41

Try this site it provides quite some Afrikaans lyrics.

http://www.liriekfabriek.co.za/
Image Image | Image Image Image Image | Image Image Image

linds113

Postby linds113 » 2012-08-17, 17:24

Leviwosc wrote:Try this site it provides quite some Afrikaans lyrics.

http://www.liriekfabriek.co.za/

Thanks for the reply, but that site doesn't have any of the lyrics I want :)

Brus

Postby Brus » 2012-09-11, 1:33

Having trouble understanding almost any of the lyrics of Bok van Blerk's "Tannie Tina van Wyk".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftqm98Uj7EI

Some of the lyrics are given in this article ...

http://huisgenoot.com/bekendes/bok-en-h ... efde-blom/

... but they don't match what I hear.

Examples:

"Sy is onortodoks; sy het teen Mike Tyson geboks"

But it sounds like "Sy so onortodoks; sy teen Mike Tyson lo boks". What is "lo"? Or whatever it is?

‘‘Haar naam is Tina van Wyk, die upperclass het haar ontwyk.’’

But the last word sounds like "ontdyk". Whatever that is.

Complete lyrics seem to be unavailable. Nothing even on the liner notes.

I'm guessing the whole song is very slangy with some "onortodoks" wordplay?

Shiba

Postby Shiba » 2013-01-01, 11:54

As for "geboks": It fits into the meaning, and there's nothing else that sounds similar; it must just be bad articulation.

As for "ontwyk": It's probably "ontduik". Most popular Afrikaans singers have a bad habit of "flattening" their vowels - so that, for example, "ui" becomes "y".
"ontwyk" and "ontduik" have similar meanings: ontwyk means to avoid or elude, ontduik means to dodge or duck, to escape. So ontduik is kind of a "more violent" version of ontwyk.

The song most probably is as you say; I haven't heard it, myself.

Brus

Postby Brus » 2013-02-15, 18:04

Shiba wrote:The song most probably is as you say; I haven't heard it, myself.

Dankie!

Another Bok question, probably a cultural reference rather than a translation problem.

"BMX en Bende"

The only literal translation I find for "Bende" is "gang". "BMX and Gang"? Is it a product name or something?

Shiba

Postby Shiba » 2013-02-17, 14:14

Well, I always thought BMX was a brand of bicycle, but according to Wikipedia, it's an abbreviation for "bicycle motorcross". Basically, it's a small kind of bicycle used mostly for motorcross racing, although people also sometimes refer to children's bicycles as BMX, probably because they're small.

(BMX bicycles always look a bit ridiculous to me, to be honest.)

boerboel

Postby boerboel » 2014-11-25, 21:09

I recently found this catchy song. The lyrics are fairly simple and she sings clearly, so I'm able to follow quite a bit, but there are still some parts I'm having trouble deciphering. Anyone willing to help fill in the gaps? (I've also searched for the official lyrics, but to no avail).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXZHX0WKIO0
Anais - My Lewe feat. Jaco (Bittereinder)

Ek soek al jare lang vir jou
Jy het 'n hart gemaak van goud
Jy wys my elke dag
Jy's bedoel vir my

Jy is my lewe die ___ ___
Jy ___ ___ ___ ___ ( I have no idea what's going on here after "Jy")
Jy is my lewe, tot nou toe die beste
Bly se kop meer and meer (??)

Ek dink aan jou ___ my dag
Ek droom van ons ___ die nag
Jy praat ___ in my ___
Jy's bedoel vir my

(chorus repeats)

Bittereinder rap (haven't even tried this yet - bonus points for lyrics to the rap) :D

Jy bly nog die beste...
Die beste in my lewe...
Ek voel soos n' prinses...
Jy ___ ___ al die res...
Jy vir my bly se kop meer en meer (is this what I'm hearing?)

(chorus repeats)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reinder
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Reinder » 2014-11-25, 21:43

I can only be sure about the chorus, one other sentence and two other words, I hope for you a South-African will see this topic soon to help you with the rest. :)

Jy is my lewe die enigste rede
Jy laat my glimlag, ek glimlag vir ewig
Bly se kop Blydskap meer and meer
Jy praat ook in my hart
Jy staan uit ___ al die res...
Image Image Image Image | Image | Image

boerboel

Postby boerboel » 2014-11-25, 22:35

Thanks for the speedy response - that's a big help!

Bittereinder

Postby Bittereinder » 2014-11-26, 6:19

Ek soek al jare lank vir jou
Jy het 'n hart gemaak van goud
Jy wys my elke dag
Jy's bedoel vir my

Jy is my lewe die die enigste rede
Jy laat my glimlag, ek glimlag vir ewig
Blydskap meer and meer

Ek dink aan jou reg deur my dag
Ek droom van ons reg deur die nag
Jy praat tot in my hart
Jy's bedoel vir my

(chorus repeats)

Bittereinder rap:

Jy gee my weer en weer nuwe redes vir aanhou probeer
hartseer van my verlede laat jy disappear
tussen deur die storms en donderweer
breek jy deur soos 'n lieflike masjiengeweer
Jy skiet bullets van _ stupid lyk en ek voel dit want _ my soos 'n huldeblyk
Ek wil jou eer vir jou edelike persoonlikheid
Jy is koningin op die troon van my koninkryk
Ek wil leer want vir my is jy 'n lewensles
Ek wil jou neem tot waar die son sak in die verre wes
Jy staan uit bo al die res

Jy bly nog die beste...
Die beste in my lewe...
Ek voel soos n' prinses...
Jy staan uit bo al die res...
Jy gee my blydskap meer en meer

Hope it helps. There was one or two phrases I couldn't make out in the rap piece. Sometimes the fast-paced switch between English and Afrikaans in rap can obscure words.
Openbaring 21:6
"Verder sê Hy vir my: Dit het klaar gebeur. Ek is die Alfa en die Omega, die Begin en die Einde. Aan elkeen wat dors het, sal Ek te drinke gee uit die fontein met die water van die lewe, verniet. "

boerboel

Postby boerboel » 2014-11-26, 20:50

Bittereinder wrote:Hope it helps. There was one or two phrases I couldn't make out in the rap piece. Sometimes the fast-paced switch between English and Afrikaans in rap can obscure words.

Baie dankie! No problem regarding a missing word or two in the rap...your corrections and additions are a huge help. Now I can fully sing along while lifting weights at the gym and look like a total freak! :P

Bittereinder

Postby Bittereinder » 2014-11-26, 21:25

boerboel wrote:
Bittereinder wrote:Hope it helps. There was one or two phrases I couldn't make out in the rap piece. Sometimes the fast-paced switch between English and Afrikaans in rap can obscure words.

Baie dankie! No problem regarding a missing word or two in the rap...your corrections and additions are a huge help. Now I can fully sing along while lifting weights at the gym and look like a total freak! :P

Hmmm...I might try it myself :mrgreen:
Openbaring 21:6
"Verder sê Hy vir my: Dit het klaar gebeur. Ek is die Alfa en die Omega, die Begin en die Einde. Aan elkeen wat dors het, sal Ek te drinke gee uit die fontein met die water van die lewe, verniet. "

Return to “Afrikaans”