Aglepta

Moderator:Johanna

Deutsche Schamuschero
Aglepta

Postby Deutsche Schamuschero » 2005-10-23, 0:26

I'm singing with a choir (I'm a Bass) this wonderfull song, written by Arne Mellnas. Someone said me that the language of the lyric was Swedish, and I thought that you can translate it to me.

I don't really know if this language is Swedisch. If it is, please translate it to English. The song says:

"Aglaria Pidhol garia Ananus Qepta"

Last question: how must I pronunce it?

(Don't forget correcting my English mistakes)

thanks.

Skurai

Postby Skurai » 2005-10-23, 8:41

That Is not swedish.
cy | gv

Hunef

Re: Aglepta

Postby Hunef » 2005-10-23, 16:41

Deutsche Schamuschero wrote:I'm singing with a choir (I'm a Bass) this wonderfull song, written by Arne Mellnas. Someone said me that the language of the lyric was Swedish, and I thought that you can translate it to me.

I don't really know if this language is Swedisch. If it is, please translate it to English. The song says:

"Aglaria Pidhol garia Ananus Qepta"

Last question: how must I pronunce it?

(Don't forget correcting my English mistakes)

thanks.

Ehr, does that look like Swedish to you? :lol: Looks Latin to me. In fact, it seems to be a formula to make your enemy speechless, or something. It's possible it was used mainly in Scandinavia (during catholic time 1000-1500AD), but it's not in Swedish.
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
Carl Sagan

Deutsche Schamuschero

Postby Deutsche Schamuschero » 2005-10-24, 0:38

Hunef wrote:In fact, it seems to be a formula to make your enemy speechless, or something. It's possible it was used mainly in Scandinavia (during catholic time 1000-1500AD), but it's not in Swedish.

You're right in that. the "song" (I don't really know if I must say that's a song) is like a course. After a choir introduction, a solist says

"To leave a enemy without an answer, say this words to him: Aglaria Pidhol garia Ananus Qepta" and blow in his direction; then he will not know wich way he is headed and cannot answer you".

My score says that it's a Swedish Trollproverv.

Well, I think I must sing whitout knowing what I'm singing.

Thank you.

Hunef

Postby Hunef » 2005-10-24, 17:26

Deutsche Schamuschero wrote:
Hunef wrote:In fact, it seems to be a formula to make your enemy speechless, or something. It's possible it was used mainly in Scandinavia (during catholic time 1000-1500AD), but it's not in Swedish.

You're right in that. the "song" (I don't really know if I must say that's a song) is like a course. After a choir introduction, a solist says

"To leave a enemy without an answer, say this words to him: Aglaria Pidhol garia Ananus Qepta" and blow in his direction; then he will not know wich way he is headed and cannot answer you".

My score says that it's a Swedish Trollproverv.

Well, I think I must sing whitout knowing what I'm singing.

Thank you.

Doesn't one sing beter if one doesn't one what one is singing about? :wink:
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
Carl Sagan

Deutsche Schamuschero

Postby Deutsche Schamuschero » 2005-10-25, 0:47

Hunef wrote:Doesn't one sing beter if one doesn't one what one is singing about? :wink:

Perhaps in popular music you can do it like that, but in Academic (classical) music, things are different. It doesn't matter what are you singing (or playing), it is the way of play what really cares. Look at the great singers or players: ¿What has Horowitz or Arrau that I've not? Technique und expresion abilities.
Correct my mistakes, bitte!!! It's my only way to get a god English level!

Brenda

Postby Brenda » 2005-11-05, 0:41

¿What has Horowitz or Arrau that I've not?

jaja, como se nota que somos hispanos... no nos podemos despegar de esos signos :P .
And I think that the answer is "They have so much money." Nah, kidding. You know that I have no idea about music, ¿don't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somepig

Postby Somepig » 2005-11-14, 20:33

Could anyone tell me what it means exactly, meaning of the song's title 'Aglepta'?

Millions of thanks in advance!

Return to “Swedish (Svenska)”