Diskussionstråd / Discussion and Minor Questions

Moderator:Johanna

israfromcat
Hej!!!!

Postby israfromcat » 2003-04-06, 17:16

Hej! Jag är en 22-åring katalansk kille som bor nära Barcelona och som lär sig svenska för 2 år sedan. Det är svårt att hitta nån bra bok på spanska eller katalanska men jag har funnit några online grammatiker som går bra. Man kan lära sig mycket med dem. :D

Jag har kunskap om språket och behöver lära mig vokabulär och uttalet.

Så jag ska fråga nåt när jag kommer på det :D

Tack för allt

///
¡Hola! Soy un chico catalán de 22 años que vive cerca de Barcelona y que aprende sueco desde hace 2 años. Es díficil encontrar libros en castellano o catalán pero he encontrado algunas gramáticas online que van bien. Se puede aprender mucho con ellas.

Tengo conocimientos del lenguaje y necesito aprender más vocabulario y la pronunciación.

Así que preguntaré algo cuando se me ocurra.

Gracias por todo

Israel
*** Docendo discimus
*** Ensenyant, aprenem
*** Enseñando, aprendemos
*** We learn by teaching
*** Vi lär oss genom att lära ut

israfromcat

KOMMER ATT eller SKA?

Postby israfromcat » 2003-04-07, 16:21

[EN]
Which are the main differences between this two forms for building the future?
[ES]
¿Cuáles son las principales diferencias entre estas dos formas para construir el futuro?
[CAT]
Quines són les principals diferències entre aquestes dues formes per construir el futur?

Tack, Israel

*** Docendo discimus

*** Ensenyant, aprenem

*** Enseñando, aprendemos

*** We learn by teaching

*** Vi lär oss genom att lära ut

ozzon

Re: KOMMER ATT eller SKA?

Postby ozzon » 2003-04-08, 13:24

israfromcat wrote:[EN]
Which are the main differences between this two forms for building the future?
[ES]
¿Cuáles son las principales diferencias entre estas dos formas para construir el futuro?
[CAT]
Quines són les principals diferències entre aquestes dues formes per construir el futur?

Tack, Israel

Hi,
The main differences, as I see it, is that "Ska" is more definite, you have a timeframe in mind, as in: "Jag ska läsa boken i morgon".
With the words "kommer att", is the meaning you will read the book, but you don´t know when yet. Does this make sence?

Hej!
Den största skillnaden, som jag ser det, är att "ska" är mer bestämt, du har bestämt när du ska göra det, som i: "jag ska läsa boken i morgon".
Med orden "kommer att" betyder det att du kommer att läsa boken men inte vet när.

Maria

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2003-04-08, 21:29

KOMMER ATT eller SKA?

I once read somewhere that there are not 2, but 4 ways of expressing the future in swedish: with 'kommer att', with 'ska', with 'tänka' and with the present tense.
Is this true?

Jag har läst en gång någonstans att det finns inte två, men fyra vis för att uttrycka framtiden på svenska: med 'kommer att', med 'ska', med 'tänka' och med <the present tense>.
Är det sant?

Axystos.
Native: Nederlands; C2: Deutsch; C1: English;
B1: русский, français, 日本語;
A2: norsk, svenska; A1: português, italiano, español, čeština, polski

ZombiekE

:)

Postby ZombiekE » 2003-04-17, 15:48

It seems you are having a nice exchange of information here :) I'm a bit busy with exams and such but if you need to contact me or smt, i'll be at unilang's chat with the nick SpaNsK. I'll keep an eye on the forums too :)

by the way, teach yourself collections have re-edited their books, at least the structure or the presentation.. check it out. It might interest you -> www.teachyourself.co.uk/lswedish.htm

I've bought my TY german and french in the new format *giggle*

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2003-04-17, 17:39

Irina wrote:I need the pronunciation of the word rolig. Actually, books say it should be pronounced like [rulig] but I heard it only like [rolig]. :?:

To my best knowledge the 'o' in rolig should be pronounced as 'oo' in book (or as the russian у). Where did you hear that word being pronounced?

Irina wrote:And another question. Dictionaries say the word igen has the following stress - igén. But I also heard it only like ígen. :?:
By the way if we have igén - does it mean that we should pronounce it like [ijen]?

I know for a fact that the norwegian 'igjen' is pronounced as 'igén', so I'd guess that the swedish 'igen' would sound the same..

Axystos.

Recp

Swedish texts

Postby Recp » 2003-04-27, 3:37

Irina:

You were asking about Swedish texts. I would definately start at http://www.lysator.liu.se/runeberg/.

I looked up that Lars Forsberg and found only the journalist your were talking about, unfortunately.

Most of the books in here are way to complex for beginners. However, they have MANY authors, so chances are there are some simple texts in there.

Also, try http://www.aftonbladet.se/ for a good Swedish newspaper (uses more modern language... fairly complex, but I use it...)

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2003-04-28, 20:55

Irina wrote:All this I heard on my Swedish tapes. That Swedish guy said many times roligt like [rolit] and slå igen like [slo ígen]. I was so much accustomed to this pronunciation that I was surprised when I saw the transcription of rolig in my second Swedish book and the stress in igen in a dictionary. That is why I asked about this. I don't know maybe something wrong with my ears?

Jag har skickat en email till 3 svenskar om det här..jag hoppas att de kan hjälpa till.

I sent an email to 3 swedes about this..I hope they can help.

Axystos.

Recp

Pronounciation

Postby Recp » 2003-04-29, 21:32

Då man talar talspråket, man uttalar inte "g" i "rolig". Jag talade med min svensk kompis Magnus, och han sade att man kan uttala slå igen "slå ígen" eller "slå igén", det kvittar.

When you are speaking the spoken language, you don't pronounce the "g" in "rolig". I spoke with my Swedish buddy Magnus, and he said that you can pronounce slå igen "slå ígen" or "slå igén", it makes no difference.

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2003-05-01, 18:48

Well..jag har fått svaren. De svenskar sägar att 'o'-et i 'rolig' är samma som 'o'-et i den engelska 'book'.

Well..I got the answers. The swedish say that the o in 'rolig' is the same as the o in the english 'book'.

Och två av tre säger att det mäste vara igén, men ett säger ígen.

And two of the three say that it must be igén, but one says ígen.

Jag vet inte heller. :?
Axystos.

felix ahlner

Postby felix ahlner » 2003-05-02, 0:30

"Slå igen" could mean both "Close/slam [a door]" and "[to] hit again".
I would say "slå igén [dörren]", but I guess I could stress "ígen" just as well.

So, talking about phonetic letters. The thing is that [u] is the IPA letter for the swedish sound o in rolig.
To write the Swedish u sound, IPA uses a u with a horizontal bar through it.
-- Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép

erlantz

Re: nice!

Postby erlantz » 2003-05-08, 21:16

Try this. Is two step for one, but can be useful.
http://www.freedict.com/onldict/swe.html

Erlantz

pa-integral wrote:
ZombiekE wrote:in my swedish dictionary (spanska-svenska || svenska-spanska) it tells me the akut accent i think using the spanish accent and it also gives me the phonetic as if it was a spanish word :)

What dictionary do you have? Do you know any Swedish-Spanish dictionary online? Or any Swedish-English dictionary online? I printed pronounciation lesson at the university and I'm going to read it soon...

pa-integral (not logged)

Postby pa-integral (not logged) » 2003-05-15, 18:51

Hi! Could anybody translate this text into Swedish? It would be really appreciated :wink:

"How many persons are you? Tents. Caravans. Cars.
Electricity. Motorcycles. Children. Could you write your
car number? Could you write your name and address? Are you
going to pay? What's your full name? Yes. No. This boy
will show you the place. Wait a moment. Could you give me
an ID card or a Passport? We normally keep it until you
leave, but if you need it, I can make a photocopy. I don't
speak Swedish, but I'm able to say some things. Do you speak
Swedish? One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine.
Ten. Zero (none). All taxes are included in the price. High
season. Low season. Holy week. Have you already reserved?
This costs... Pardon, I don't understand. Thank you.
Please. You're welcome. Good morning. Good afternoon.
Goodbye. Hello. How do you say this in Swedish?"

felix ahlner

Postby felix ahlner » 2003-05-16, 16:37

How many persons are you?
Hur många (personer) är ni?

Tents. Caravans. Cars. Electricity. Motorcycles. Children.
Tält. Husvagnar. Bilar. Elektricitet. Motorcyklar. Barn (that's both sing. and plural)

Could you write your car number?
Skulle du kunna skriva ner ditt bilnummer? (If you mean the number on one's registration plate, then it's "...ner ditt registeringsnummer")

Could you write your name and address?
Skulle du kunna skriva ner ditt namn och din adress?

(In the two past phrases, you could replace "Skulle du kunna" with "Kan du" and then add a "tack" (~please) at the end of the whole phrase, it makes it more polite :-) )

Are you going to pay?
Ska du betala? (watch out with your intonation – used wrongly, it would say "oh I presume you aren't gonna pay" or even "are YOU gonna pay, what a joke" :oops: I'd say that the best intonation is an even one with a slight rise on "betala"...)

What's your full name?
Vad heter du?
First name = Förnamn
Last name = Efternamn

Yes. Ja
No. Nej

This boy will show you the place.
Den här killen/mannen kommer att visa dig stället.

Wait a moment.
Vänta en stund / Vänta en sekund

Could you give me an ID card or a Passport?
Kan du ge mig ID-kort eller pass?

We normally keep it until you leave (from here), but if you need it, I can make a photocopy.
Vi behåller det vanligtvis tills du åker (härifrån), men om du behöver det kan jag ta en kopia.

I don't speak Swedish, but I'm able to say some (few) things.
Jag talar inte svenska men jag kan säga några (få) saker.

Do you speak Swedish?
Talar du svenska?

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine.
Ten. Zero (none).
En/Ett, två, tre, fyra, fem, sex, sju, åtta, nio, tio, noll (inga)

All taxes are included in the price.
Alla avgifter är medräknade/inkluderade i priset.

High season. Low season.
Högsäsong, lågsäsong.

Holy week.
???

Have you already reserved?
Har du redan bokat/reserverat?

This (here) costs X crowns
Det (här) kostar X kronor (singular = krona)

Pardon, (but) I don't understand.
Förlåt, (men) jag förstår inte.

Thank you. Tack
Please. Tack (as in "close the door after you please")

You're welcome. Ingen orsak ("no cause [for saying thanks]")
or "Det var inget" (It was nothing)

Good morning. God morgon (pronounced Gomorron)

Good afternoon. (This whole thing with different greetings at different times of the day isn't really used in Sweden, we might say "God morgon" in the morning, and "God natt" when we go to bed, but most of the time, a polite "hej" is enough :D )

Goodbye. Hej då
Hello. Hej / hallå

How do you say this in Swedish?
Hur säger man det här på svenska?

Are you gonna work in Sweden this summer?
-- Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép

Aubergine

Swedish!

Postby Aubergine » 2003-05-30, 23:05

Don't really see the point in learning swedish, it's not like its used all over the world or something but I guess some of you are just curious. :D

I am originally from Bosnia but I've lived in Sweden for the past ten years and I speak swedish as fluently and naturally as a native.

If you have any questions about the language or any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask! :wink:

Aubergine

Re: Frågor

Postby Aubergine » 2003-05-30, 23:27

Well, ÅT is a bit oldfashioned preposition. I never use it and I rarely hear anybody else use it either. But there is a slight grammatical difference as well:

Han ger en bok ÅT pojken. (here it would mean that the boy gets the book for good, so it becomes his property)

Han ger en bok TILL pojken. (here on the other hand, the book is being lent out, the boy loans it and it does not become his property)

Although this difference is not something many care about, in most cases everybody uses TILL, doesn't matter if the book is being lent out or given as a gift.

Han hade väl redan fått veta allt.
This is grammaticly correct, this answer would be given in this case:

Q: Varför blev han inte förvånad över att höra det.
A: Han hade väl redan fått veta allt.

Han hade väl redan vetat allt.
This is grammaticly INcorrect and should not be used.

You cannot use past tense in both words, since you have already stated that HAN HADE, then VETAT is not necessary.
Same rule applies to the other sentence:

Först idag fick jag höra det. (this is the correct form although the ordföljden is wrong, it should be: Jag fick höra det först idag)

Först idag hade jag hört det. (this is completely wrong, you have HADE, you do not use past tense in the verb HÖRA as well)

I hope this has helped you.

Belma

Irina wrote:I have two TY Swedish books. The first book always uses till, t ex: Han ger en bok till pojken.
The second book uses only åt, t ex: Han ger en bok åt pojken. So, my question is:
1. what is the difference between these two prepositions because it's strange that books prefer different prepositions.

2. I have another question concerning få+infinitive construction. What does this construction really add to the meaning of the sentence? T ex:
Han hade väl redan fått veta allt.
Först idag fick jag höra det.

And what if I simply say: Han hade väl redan vetat allt. Först idag har jag hört det?

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2003-07-15, 19:53

I only know that 'något' is neuter and 'någon' is not, but I guess you know that yourself, too. Maybe you found it out by yourself by now? :)

Jag vet bara att 'något' är neutral och 'någon' är det inte, men jag tror att du vet det sjölv också. Kanske har du tagit reda på det sjölv nu? :)

Axystos.

ozzon

Postby ozzon » 2003-08-07, 16:38

Irina wrote:Could you explain me the difference between någon, något, någonting in the meaning of something/somebody. I have a real mess in my head about them.

Hi Irina,
"Någon" means someone.
"något" and "någonting" both means something, "något" is a shorter form of "någonting". Unfortunately, I cannot explain when to use what, hopefully someone can give you that explanation :)

ozzon

Postby ozzon » 2003-08-07, 16:39

Irina wrote:Could you explain me the difference between någon, något, någonting in the meaning of something/somebody. I have a real mess in my head about them.

Hi Irina,
"Någon" means someone.
"något" and "någonting" both means something, "något" is a shorter form of "någonting". Unfortunately, I cannot explain when to use what, hopefully someone else can give you that explanation :)

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2003-11-02, 9:39

Varför börjar svenskarna alltid att tala engelska, när jag frågar dem någonting på svenska? Är min svenska så dålig? :cry:

Axystos.

Return to “Swedish (Svenska)”