Can you look at my Lithuanian?

viktor77
Can you look at my Lithuanian?

Postby viktor77 » 2015-05-29, 1:15

Sveiki! I have been learning and writing in Lithuanian on a forum I follow where we converse back and forth in different languages. I was wondering, as native speakers (and unfortunately I don't know any native speakers personally), if you could please take a look at my writing and tell me how I am doing? What errors did I make? Am I completely butchering your language? These are completely random sentences outside of the conversation! Ačius!

Tegul esi kvailas, ne! Niekada blogos idėjos nėra geros idėjos.
Even if you're crazy, no! Bad ideas are never good ideas.

Aš nereikiu žodžių ieškoti internete! Pamečiau savo vienintelį žodyną, bet tikrai knyga dėžėje pas savo tėvo namą.
I must not look up words on Google! I have lost my only dictionary, but I'm sure that this book is in a box at my father’s house.

Pratimas daro čempioną.
Practice makes perfect.

Kodėl mokaisi jamaiką kalbos?
Why are you learning Jamaica Patwah?

Ir taip į Jamaiką keliauji, kad gali studijuoti ar nes tik nori pabūti vasarą užsienyje?
And so are you traveling to Jamaica so you can study or because you just want to spend the summer abroad?

Gerai! Turiu daug draugų, ku išvažiuoja į misijas į Centrinę Ameriką, pavyzdžiui, į Gvatemalą. Ir joms patinkąs.
Ah! I have many friends who go on Mission Trips to Central America for example to Guatemala. And they seem to enjoy it.

Visi gauna prezervatyvus, pavyzdžiui, žinau kai kurias organizacijas, kas tik išdalija gatvėje prezervatyvus žmonėms. Taip nesijaudink! Problema išspręsta.
Everyone gets condoms, for example, I know some organisations who just hand out condoms to people in the street. So don't worry! Problem solved.

Varaleiva

Re: Can you look at my Lithuanian?

Postby Varaleiva » 2015-05-29, 16:15

Ačius!
Ačiū!

Tegul esi kvailas, ne! Niekada blogos idėjos nėra geros idėjos.
Even if you're crazy, no! Bad ideas are never good ideas.
Net jei esi pašėlęs/pamišęs/trenktas/durnas, ne! Prastos idėjos niekada nėra geros idėjos.

Aš nereikiu žodžių ieškoti internete! Pamečiau savo vienintelį žodyną, bet tikrai knyga dėžėje pas savo tėvo namą.
I must not look up words on Google! I have lost my only dictionary, but I'm sure that this book is in a box at my father’s house.
Aš neprivalau (?) ieškoti žodžių gūgle! (Aš) Pamečiau savo vienintelį žodyną, bet aš esu tikras, kad ta knyga yra dėžutėje mano tėvo name.

Pratimas daro čempioną.
Practice makes perfect.
Praktika/pratimai daro tobulumą.

Kodėl mokaisi jamaiką kalbos?
Why are you learning Jamaica Patwah?
Kodėl mokaisi jamaikiečių kalbos?

Ir taip į Jamaiką keliauji, kad gali studijuoti ar nes tik nori pabūti vasarą užsienyje?
And so are you traveling to Jamaica so you can study or because you just want to spend the summer abroad?
Taigi, tu keliauji į Jamaiką, kad galėtum mokytis ar tik tam, kad praleistum vasarą užsienyje?

Gerai! Turiu daug draugų, ku išvažiuoja į misijas į Centrinę Ameriką, pavyzdžiui, į Gvatemalą. Ir joms patinkąs.
Ah! I have many friends who go on Mission Trips to Central America for example to Guatemala. And they seem to enjoy it.
Ak! Aš turiu daug draugų, kurie vyksta kelionėms į Centrinę Ameriką, pavyzdžiui, į Gvatemalą. Ir jiems, regis, tai patinka.

viktor77

Postby viktor77 » 2015-05-31, 11:35

Ačiū!!

I heard a Lithuanian say "Ačiūs" that's why I used it.

It looks like I pretty well butchered the language. Lots of semantic problems. :(

Varaleiva

Postby Varaleiva » 2015-05-31, 13:43

You can read free books in lithuanian (and listen book in mp3):
http://ebiblioteka.mkp.emokykla.lt/

Rokas

Postby Rokas » 2015-06-05, 8:56

viktor77 wrote:Ačiū!!

I heard a Lithuanian say "Ačiūs" that's why I used it.

It looks like I pretty well butchered the language. Lots of semantic problems. :(

I have actually never heard a Lithuanian say "Ačiūs". Was he/she a native speaker?

viktor77

Postby viktor77 » 2015-06-06, 5:12

Rokas wrote:I have actually never heard a Lithuanian say "Ačiūs". Was he/she a native speaker?

Yes, a native speaker, at the very end of this video (she does this repeatedly):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r13a2VUTajU

Varaleiva

Postby Varaleiva » 2015-06-06, 5:31

viktor77 wrote:
Rokas wrote:I have actually never heard a Lithuanian say "Ačiūs". Was he/she a native speaker?

Yes, a native speaker, at the very end of this video (she does this repeatedly):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r13a2VUTajU

At the end of this video:
ačiū jums (thank for you).

Return to “Lithuanian (Lietuvių kalba)”