Lithuania trip (advice/tidbits) help!

kman1

Lithuania trip (advice/tidbits) help!

Postby kman1 » 2006-12-14, 6:10

Hi everyone!! I will be going to Lithuania in from 10-16 Jan. 2007 approx. I have a lot of questions about what it will be like there and what to expect. Can you all help me out in prep for my trip there? Thanks!!:

I've been looking for cheap flights there but I haven't been able to find any and since I only have about 3/4 weeks I need to book a flight really fast. Any advice on where I can find really cheap flights.

How about hotels and places to rent a car? (any advice?)

What do I absolutely have to see while I'm in Lithuania in Jan.?? Places I have to go to?

How are the women in Lithuania? (any recommendations on places to go for a single guy like myself)

I'm African-american, will race be a problem there? How will they receive me?

What are some things I should definitely be aware of? (i.e. pickpocketing, theft, disease, insects, wild animals, violence or anything dangerous/hazardous..)

Any other tidbits? Things to add? (Wonderful or horrible all advice welcomed.)

T

Mantaz

Re: Lithuania trip (advice/tidbits) help!

Postby Mantaz » 2006-12-14, 19:32

kman1 wrote:Hi everyone!! I will be going to Lithuania in from 10-16 Jan. 2007 approx. I have a lot of questions about what it will be like there and what to expect. Can you all help me out in prep for my trip there? Thanks!!:

Hey, nice to hear that ;)

I've been looking for cheap flights there but I haven't been able to find any and since I only have about 3/4 weeks I need to book a flight really fast. Any advice on where I can find really cheap flights.

You might try looking at Ryanair that flies to Kaunas, some 120 km from the capital Vilnius, from Dublin (Ireland), Frankfurt (Hahn; Germany), Liverpool, London (UK), Stockholm (Sweden). For other options, try to look at SAS or AirBaltic offers.

How about hotels and places to rent a car? (any advice?)

It depends on what you are looking for. You might get a hostel for some $20 or rent a hotel room for $50-$100 or more. For hostel, try www.jnn.lt, for cheaper hotel www.ecotel.lt.

What do I absolutely have to see while I'm in Lithuania in Jan.?? Places I have to go to?

Quite a lot. You can just buy some guide book.

How are the women in Lithuania? (any recommendations on places to go for a single guy like myself)

Women are the best :D There are quite a lot of places to go out, don't worry about it ;)

I'm African-american, will race be a problem there? How will they receive me?

Despite that you might receive some higher attention while walking down the street, there's nothing to be afraid about your race :)

What are some things I should definitely be aware of? (i.e. pickpocketing, theft, disease, insects, wild animals, violence or anything dangerous/hazardous..)

Just be careful about too kind people, who, for example, want to pool you to your hotel or offer a free drink. They might have bad intentions. Nothing else to be afraid of, I guess.

[Any other tidbits? Things to add? (Wonderful or horrible all advice welcomed.)

T

Don't expect good weather at this time of the year. Althaugh we hope to have snow at that time :)

Return to “Lithuanian (Lietuvių kalba)”