Proposing to Hungarian girlfriend

Moderator:france-eesti

tucker17
Proposing to Hungarian girlfriend

Postby tucker17 » 2020-02-23, 18:35

Hi. I was hoping someone can help me. I am trying to translate this text into Hungarian and don't want the meaning of what I'm trying to say to be lost. I used the usual online translators but when I translate it back, doesn't really make sense. Any help would be appreciated :D

"Regi, you are the most beautiful girl in the whole world. I am very grateful to have you in my life and you make me want to be a better person. I think that you are really the only one for me and the way i feel about you is so special. There is something i have been wanting to ask you, please turn around.

Will you marry me?"

Thanks for any help

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Proposing to Hungarian girlfriend

Postby france-eesti » 2020-02-25, 16:04

Hey, I tried to translate your text but will ask my Hungarian teacher for correction! As soon as he replies to me I'll post the answer! :D Very romantic, though! :mrgreen:
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-02-26, 7:29

Here it is!

Regi, te vagy a legszebb lány az egész világon!  Nagyon hálás vagyok azért, hogy az életem része lettél és arra késztetsz, hogy jobb ember legyek. Úgy gondolom, hogy te vagy az egyetlen számomra, és az a különös érzés, amit irántad érzek, annyira különleges! Van valami, amit szeretnék kérdezni tőled! Kérlek, most figyelj rám! 

Leszel a feleségem?

Good luck! :partyhat: Please come back to tell us what she said! :yiihi: :flowers:
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

tucker17

Postby tucker17 » 2020-02-26, 9:40

Will do thank you very much, go to budapest on saturday for 5 nights so will do it then.

Had a friend translate it as well, looks very similar to what he wrote.

kedves regi te vagy a részemre a leggyonyorűbb nő a világon..hálás vagyok a sorsnak hogy létezel az életemben..és neked koszonhetően jobb ember vagyok!én ugyerzem te vagy az egyeteln nő számomra és amit érzek irántad az szerintem kulonleges! van valami amit szeretnék kérdezni tőled légyszi válaszolj mihamarabb

Saim

Postby Saim » 2020-02-26, 10:59

Your friend’s translation is full of spelling mistakes and the last sentence is mistranslated (they wrote “please respond as soon as possible” rather than “please turn around”). They also left out “will you marry me?”.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-03-01, 8:29

Yes, I didn't dare saying so... But I also spotted plenty of mistakes :? I hope it went fine, however :)

tucker17

Postby tucker17 » 2020-03-01, 8:57

Thanks and plan on using your translation. Arrived in Budapest yesterday and plan on proposing at some point over the next few days. Thank you again for all your help 😁

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-03-01, 15:39

Sok szerencsét! Good luck! :-) come back and tell us what she said! :D Will you go to live in Budapest with her or will you bring her to live with you elsewhere? 8-) Will you learn Hungarian? Good luck, it's fascinating but (viciously) difficult language :lol: :lol: :lol:

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-03-08, 13:27

So did you do it? What did she say? :partyhat:

Return to “Hungarian (Magyar)”