Would anybody be interested in a concise series teaching Hungarian to linguists/linguistics enthusiasts?

Moderator:france-eesti

mszegedy
Would anybody be interested in a concise series teaching Hungarian to linguists/linguistics enthusiasts?

Postby mszegedy » 2020-02-19, 5:52

The title is worded weirdly but that's just because what I'm really asking is, "Does anybody want more of… this?" Where "this" is a ⅔-finished document I wrote for my brother teaching him Hungarian in a highly concise and technical manner. He already had some familiarity with Hungarian pronunciation, inflection, and syntax, so it doesn't start at the absolute ground level, but of course if I were to make it into a complete series I'd include primers on that, and probably rearrange some of the material.

As for the actual style of the document, I sometimes go into asides about etymology, but it's almost always with the purpose of helping you memorize the material. Other than that, I go through the material pretty fast, and try to clarify anything you'd logically wonder about. I get very pedantic about word classes in Hungarian. I believe my analysis is more or less unique, but definitely useful for understanding how Hungarian pronouns and postpositions inflect. The document is not meant to be read only once, but over and over until you've memorized it. In this regard it's similar to the Schaum's Outlines series.

What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A footprint in the sand.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Would anybody be interested in a concise series teaching Hungarian to linguists/linguistics enthusiasts?

Postby france-eesti » 2020-02-25, 15:56

Szia!
Thanks for this document!
What do you wish exactly? Some feedback from learners or to have it applied on a teaching group...? :D
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

Return to “Hungarian (Magyar)”