Hungarian Reading Competition

Moderator:france-eesti

crem
Country:CHSwitzerland (Schweiz / Suisse / Svizzera / Svizra)

Postby crem » 2008-04-21, 8:49

darkina wrote::oops: Sorry, been absent... :oops:

Ну-ну.

Hatcher

Postby Hatcher » 2008-04-22, 23:12

I'd like to tell everyone that I'm not dead. I've been a bit busy recently and I'm also lazy and I have some work with the competition too. Good news is, I have the results, bad news is, I still have some formal things to do.

Please be patient!

Hatcher

Postby Hatcher » 2008-04-24, 21:24

Sorry for making you wait. Here are the results.

http://hatcher.uw.hu/results.htm

CoBB

Postby CoBB » 2008-04-25, 6:27

My opinion:

Imrulqays - your accent bears a strong resemblance to Transylvanian Hungarian, and it would be nearly perfect if you got the rhythm right :yep:
AlienDiscoDuck - this one has the best rhythm in my opinion, and the vowels are nearly flawless (much closer to the standard dialect than those of Imrulqays); some consonants (especially gy and ny) and consonant combinations need to be worked on, but they were still excellent in general
Stacy - Finnish accent! :waytogo: ;) In the light of that, I only found it strange that you often put the stress somewhere else than the beginning of the word, typically on the first long vowel
crem - it’s odd that you seem to have so much trouble with the soft consonants, since your language has all of them :hmm:; it was still understandable, but indeed not as good as any of the others

The 9-minute version was hilarious, and almost entirely incomprehensible. ;) And I couldn’t decide what language I was hearing, but it always sounded something Asian: Turkish, Arabic, and sometimes slightly Chinese. :lol: Thanks! :D

A véleményem:

Imrulqays - a kiejtésed nagyon emlékeztet az erdélyi magyarra, és majdnem tökéletes lenne, ha a ritmust el tudnád kapni :yep:
AlienDiscoDuck - szerintem ennek a legjobb a ritmusa, a magánhangzók szinte hibátlanok (sokkal közelebb állnak a köznyelvihez, mint Imrulqayséi); pár mássalhangzó (különösen a gy és az ny) és mássalhangzó-kombináció még igényel némi gyakorlást, de általában ezek is kiválóak voltak
Stacy - Finn akcentus! :waytogo: ;) Ennek fényében csak azt találtam furcsának, hogy sokszor nem a szó elejére tetted a hangsúlyt, hanem jellemzően az első hosszú magánhangzóra
crem - fura, hogy ekkora nehézséget jelentenek neked a lágy mássalhangzók, hiszen a nyelvedben mindegyik megvan :hmm:; érthetőnek érthető volt, de valóban nem olyan jó, mint a többieké

A 9 perces változat rendkívül szórakoztató volt, és majdnem teljesen érthetetlen. ;) És nem tudtam eldönteni, milyen nyelvet hallok, de mindig valami ázsiainak gondoltam: török, arab, időnként kicsit kínai. :lol: Köszi! :D
Tanulni, tanulni, tanulni!

A pő, ha engemély, kimár / De mindegegy, ha vildagár... / ...mert engemély mindet bagul, / Mint vélgaban a bégahur!...

Steisi

Postby Steisi » 2008-04-26, 10:37

CoBB wrote:Stacy - Finnish accent! :waytogo: ;) In the light of that, I only found it strange that you often put the stress somewhere else than the beginning of the word, typically on the first long vowel

:mrgreen: Weird :D Well I guess a finnish accent is better than an English one when going for hungarian :D And the random stress is because I'm totally unfamiliar with hungarian, that recording was my first try :yep: I'm rather pleased with myself :D
Native: English
Fluent: Finnish
Want to resuscitate: German
Actively learning: Hebrew
Wishes she had time for: Northern Sámi
En usko humalaan.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2008-04-26, 10:54

To be honest with you I was very surprised at that native English-speakers pronounced Hungarian so well :shock:
Your vowels were excellent AlienDiscoDuck.

Crem, I am listening to your special edition right now and... :D Nice.

CoBB

Postby CoBB » 2008-04-26, 11:13

Stacy wrote:And the random stress is because I'm totally unfamiliar with hungarian, that recording was my first try :yep: I'm rather pleased with myself :D

Wow, it’s quite amazing for a first try! :o As for stress, rhythm and intonation (for indicative sentences at least), imitating Finnish should give you a good base to build on. :yep: Well, we don’t make long consonants as long, but that’s the only major difference.

Azta, első próbálkozásnak egészen elképesztő! :o A hangsúly, ritmus és hanglejtés (legalábbis kijelentő mondatokban) tekintetében a finn leutánzása jó kiindulópontot adhat. :yep: Mondjuk a hosszú mássalhangóink nem olyan hosszúak, de ez az egyetlen nagyobb különbség.
Tanulni, tanulni, tanulni!

A pő, ha engemély, kimár / De mindegegy, ha vildagár... / ...mert engemély mindet bagul, / Mint vélgaban a bégahur!...

Steisi

Postby Steisi » 2008-04-26, 19:07

CoBB wrote:Wow, it’s quite amazing for a first try! :o

Köszönöm!:boogi:
En usko humalaan.

AlienDiscoDuck

Postby AlienDiscoDuck » 2008-04-28, 4:29

Yay, 2nd place!
Köszönöm for all the feedback, CoBB. Very helpful.

Stacy...wow, first try? That's definitely very impressive!

I'm thinking we should have another reading competition. This was fun :D
Im in ur lexiconz, verbin ur nounz.

Steisi

Postby Steisi » 2008-04-28, 10:30

AlienDiscoDuck wrote:Stacy...wow, first try? That's definitely very impressive!

In my experience (With myself :D) if I do it over and over again it gets progressively worse :oops:

I'm thinking we should have another reading competition. This was fun :D

Me too! In lots of different languages :mrgreen:
En usko humalaan.

Return to “Hungarian (Magyar)”