King-Size Translations

Moderator:voron

Ektoras
Re: King-Size Translations

Postby Ektoras » 2014-11-08, 23:55

Well - if you don't like documentaries, my second choice was going to be the TV series Bir kadın Bir erkek. It's about a couple and their everyday life, with comedy-like dialogues.

Here's the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IirWb6ap0rc

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-11-13, 11:28

To be honest, I personally don't really mind one way or the other, but my listening comprehension really sucks. :lol:

modus.irrealis

Postby modus.irrealis » 2014-11-26, 9:59

This is a little hard for me as well, and I haven't had the chance to sit down and really give it a good try....

nadi

Postby nadi » 2014-12-28, 16:20

I love practising my listening and speaking abilities by chatting to people. I think this is the best way since you can get immediate feedback and you see people's mimes and gestures to make the understanding easier. The warm atmosphere of friendship contributes a lot, of course.

Ektoras

Postby Ektoras » 2014-12-28, 21:36

We should get together on Skype and chat just as if we were at a café. ;p

nadi

Postby nadi » 2015-01-11, 21:04

Ektoras wrote:We should get together on Skype and chat just as if we were at a café. ;p

Cool idea, but I don't have a cam on my PC! :( There is a proverb in Turkish: Mal sahibine çeker.

Ektoras

Postby Ektoras » 2015-01-12, 20:09

You don't need a cam. I think mine is broken too.
And I'm not even sure if more than 2 people can open cams at the same time on Skype.

Just a microphone is more than enough. Anyways, let's see if anyone will be interested in the idea. :-]

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-09-30, 23:18

Bumping this thread by almost four years just to go back to translating Gayet Ciddiyim! :D

BEN TAMİRCİ DEĞİLİM

Evle ilgili problemler insanın hayatını karartabilir.
Akan bir musluk, bir elektrik problemi, badana zamanı, tahammül etmek için çelik gibi sinirler
gerektiren dönemlerdir.
Diyelim ki bir şey bozuldu, tamirci çağırdınız.
Tamirci gelir, yaklaşır ve tamir edilecek yere, kafasını tek yana eğerek bakar. Öyle uzun, boş bir bakıştır ki bu, sanki arkasından şöyle diyecektir:
"Ben tamirci değilim ki, ben mısırcıyım. Eve de yanlışlıkla girdim. Bu ne?"
Daha uyanık olanlarınsa, kapıdan girdikleri anda bile yüzlerinde endişeli bir ifade vardır.
Alete bakıp, biraz elleyip şöyle yaparlar: "Uhuuu, öööf, çık çık çık!"
Problem büyüktür ve pahalıdır yani!
Şimdiye kadar şöyle bir tamirci görmedim: "Aaa, çok kolay, hiç problem değil. Hatta bana gerek yok, şurayı çevirin, tamam!"
Yaşadığım süre de göreceğimi sanmam.

I'M NOT A REPAIRMAN

Problems having to do with the home can cloud a person's life.
A leaky faucet, an electricity problem, and whitewashing time are times that call for nerves of steel to put up with them.
Let's say something went bad and you called a repairman.
The repairman shows up, comes over, and looks at the part he's going to repair, tilting his head to one side. It's such a long, empty look that he says, as if from behind:
"Hey, I'm not a repairman; I'm a corn vendor, and I got to this house by mistake. What is this?"
If they're on the sharper side, the very moment they come in the door, they'll say one in hundreds of anxious things (lit. there is one anxious statement in hundreds). :?:
They take a look at their tool, finger it a little, and go "ooooh! Oh dear! Forget it, forget it, forget it!" :?:
Meaning the problem is big and expensive!
To this day, I've never seen a repairman go "ahh, it's very easy, no problem at all. You don't even need me. Just turn it here, and you're all set!"
I don't think I ever will as long as I live, either.

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2018-10-01, 8:03

vijayjohn wrote:If they're on the sharper side, the very moment they come in the door, they'll say one in hundreds of anxious things (lit. there is one anxious statement in hundreds). :?:

Yüzlerinde here means 'on their faces'.

They take a look at their tool, finger it a little, and go "ooooh! Oh dear! Forget it, forget it, forget it!" :?:

'Çık çık çık' is the click sound you make with your tongue to express dissappointment or disagreement.

Great translation as always, Vijay! :woohoo:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-10-02, 5:06

Teşekkür ederim! :)

Next story:

HANGİ "USTA"

Ev içi aksiliklerin, bozulan aletlerin iki kötü tarafı vardır.

Bir, genellikle gece, pazar günü, bayram gibi en uygunsuz zamanlarda meydana gelmeleri.

[İ]ki, bunları düzeltmek için eve usta çağırma zorunluluğu. ["]Usta" kelimesi ilk ne zaman kullanılmış bilmiyorum. Ama ben bu kelimenin sözlük anlamını hak eden, hak etmeyi bırakın, uzaktan çağ[r]ıştıran bir ustayla bile henüz karşılaşmadım!

Genellikle olan şudur: Evdeki arıza, asla basit ve sık görülen bir problem değildir ustaya göre.

Sorun damlatan bir musluk bile olsa usta şunu yapar: "Çık çık çık. Hay Allah ya!" Bu "Hay Allah ya" size midir, musluğu imal ede[n]e midir, ilk kez takana mıdır, bilinmez.

Ama her ihtimale karşı, sessiz ve itaatkâr, azıcık da tırsmış, öyle[c]e beklersiniz.

"Şimdi, zaten bu musluklardan artık yok! [Y]ani bunlar o kadar eski ki, siz burayı gompile olarak değiştirin daha kolay."

Komple. Daha doğrusu "gompile!" Ustaların en sevdiği laflardan biridir.

Ya musluk eski modeldir, ya cıvatası bulunmaz, ya lavabonun şekli yüzünden damlatmaktadır, ya da evin su tesisatı doğuştan problemlidir.

Siz tüm lavaboyu, hatta banyoyu, daha da iyisi evi "gompile" de[ğ]iştirseniz, yani ustaya büyük kolaylık olur!

Psikolojik sağlığınız için ev aksiliklerinden mümkün olduğu kadar kaçmaya çalışın.

WHAT KIND OF "EXPERT"

There are two bad sides to domestic mishaps and damaged tools.

One is people showing up at the most inconvenient times on occasions such as Sundays and holidays, generally in the evening.

The other is the need to call an expert to your home to clean up afterwards. :?: I don't know when the word "expert" first started being used for them. But forget about whether I deserve this word's dictionary definition or not; to this day, I have never met an expert who even remotely reminded me of it. :?:

What usually happens is that, as far as the expert's concerned, breakdowns in the house are not a problem that's never easy to fix or common.

Even if the problem is a leaky faucet, the expert goes "tsk, tsk, tsk, ohh God!" You don't know whether this "ohh God" is referring to you, the way the faucet was made, or the first time he's dealt with this problem. :?:

But against all odds, quietly and obediently, even peeing your pants just the tiniest bit, you wait just like that.

"Meh, these faucets don't exist anymore now anyway! Like, they're so old you might as well switch it out for a bran new one."

A brand new one. Or rather, "a bran new one"! That's one of an expert's favorite terms.

Either the faucet is from an old model, or its screw is nowhere to be found, or it's leaking because of its graphic features :?:, or the house's plumbing is inherently problematic.

You switch out your whole sink, or even bathroom, or better still, your whole house for "a bran new one" since after all, it's a great convenience for the expert!

Try to escape from domestic mishaps as much as possible for the sake of your psychological health.

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2018-10-02, 13:38

vijayjohn wrote:Bir, genellikle gece, pazar günü, bayram gibi en uygunsuz zamanlarda meydana gelmeleri.
One is people showing up at the most inconvenient times on occasions such as Sundays and holidays, generally in the evening.

One is them (=domestic mishaps and broken mechanisms) happening at the most inconvenient times [...].

[İ]ki, bunları düzeltmek için eve usta çağırma zorunluluğu.
The other is the need to call an expert to your home to clean up afterwards.

The other is the need to call an expert to your home to fix them (=broken things).

Ama ben bu kelimenin sözlük anlamını hak eden, hak etmeyi bırakın, uzaktan çağ[r]ıştıran bir ustayla bile henüz karşılaşmadım!
But forget about whether I deserve this word's dictionary definition or not; to this day, I have never met an expert who even remotely reminded me of it.

But I have never met an expert who would deserve this word's dictionary definition; or forget deserving, even remotely reminded me of it!
Hak eden refers to usta.

Genellikle olan şudur: Evdeki arıza, asla basit ve sık görülen bir problem değildir ustaya göre.
What usually happens is that, as far as the expert's concerned, breakdowns in the house are not a problem that's never easy to fix or common.

There is a double negation in your translation that confuses me. :?

Sorun damlatan bir musluk bile olsa usta şunu yapar: "Çık çık çık. Hay Allah ya!" Bu "Hay Allah ya" size midir, musluğu imal ede[n]e midir, ilk kez takana mıdır, bilinmez.
Even if the problem is a leaky faucet, the expert goes "tsk, tsk, tsk, ohh God!" You don't know whether this "ohh God" is referring to you, the way the faucet was made, or the first time he's dealt with this problem.

You don't know whether this "ohh God" is referring to you, to the one who produced the faucet, or to the one who installed it the first time.

Ama her ihtimale karşı, sessiz ve itaatkâr, azıcık da tırsmış, öyle[c]e beklersiniz.
But against all odds, quietly and obediently, even peeing your pants just the tiniest bit, you wait just like that.

Tırsmış just means scared. Did you translate it as 'peeing your pants' figuratively? :shock:
(Fun fact: tırsmak is one of the few words in Turkish that entered it from Kurdish. The Kurdish word is tirsîn).

Ya musluk eski modeldir, ya cıvatası bulunmaz, ya lavabonun şekli yüzünden damlatmaktadır, ya da evin su tesisatı doğuştan problemlidir.
Either the faucet is from an old model, or its screw is nowhere to be found, or it's leaking because of its graphic features :?:, or the house's plumbing is inherently problematic.

or it's leaking because of the sink's shape

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-10-07, 20:27

voron wrote:

There is a double negation in your translation that confuses me. :?

That's because I was confused by the original. :D Is it supposed to mean "are not a problem that's ever easy..."?
Tırsmış just means scared. Did you translate it as 'peeing your pants' figuratively? :shock:

Yeah, because all the translations on tureng for tırsmak into English are figurative, so I figured it must be figurative in Turkish, too, if they couldn't be bothered to translate it as just 'to be afraid', 'to be scared', or 'to fear'. :silly:
Fun fact: tırsmak is one of the few words in Turkish that entered it from Kurdish.

Didn't know that, thanks! :)
The Kurdish word is tirsîn

Didn't quite know that verb form, but I did know tirs. It's ترس tars in Persian if you didn't already know. :D (The verb in Persian is ترسیدن‎ tarsidan).

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2018-10-09, 13:53

vijayjohn wrote:That's because I was confused by the original. :D Is it supposed to mean "are not a problem that's ever easy..."?

Yes, or just "are never an easy problem".

It's ترس tars in Persian if you didn't already know. :D (The verb in Persian is ترسیدن‎ tarsidan).

No, I didn't know it, thanks. My active Persian vocabulary is limited to 20 words.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-10-13, 6:34

Okay, I tried to translate the next story, but I'm honestly not sure any of this is accurate. :P

BEY4Z ESY4

Ev hayatında beyaz eşyalara neredeyse canlı muamelesi yapılır.

Belki de koltuk, masa gibi eşyalardan farklı olarak, aslında bizim yapmamız gereken işleri üstlendikleri için böyledir.

Ev kadınlarıyla bulaşık makineleri arasında duygusal bir bağ vardır, örneğin. Ben isim takanları bile gördüm.

Yemeği yakan fırınlara her zaman çok kızılır, sanki bu onların su[ç]uymuş gibi. Bazen fırına karşı bağırış, küfür, kapağını hızla çarparak kapatmak gibi sözlü ve fiziksel tacizlerde de bulunulur!

Bu, bazı beyaz eşyaların, diğer ev möblelerinden farklı olarak, hareket etmesinden, ses çıkarmasından da kaynaklanıyor olabilir.

Elektrik süpürgesi, çamaşır makinesi bu gruptandır mesela.

Özellikle de eski çamaşır makineleri.

Hatırlarsanız t[w]ist yaparak çalışırlardı!

Hatta evin çocukları bu makinelerin üzerine oturtularak eğlendirilir, böylece bir taşla iki kuş vurulmuş olurdu.

Bu makineler zaman zaman sadece dans etmekle kalmaz, banyoyu da dolaşarak teftiş ederlerdi. E şimdi böyle bir şeye "eşya" diyemeyiz.

Bugüne geldiğimizde, makinelerin de insanlarla aynı değişime uğradıkları görülüyor.

Artık fiziksel güçlerinden çok beyinlerini kullanıyorlar. Programlanan fırınlar, kokula[rı] birbirine karıştırmayan buzdolapları, beyazlarla renklileri ayıran çamaşır makineleri...

Hepsinin içinde birer bilgisayar var; ve bu yapay zekâyla, korkarım bir süre sonra, bize hizmet etmeyi reddederek, kendi hayatlarını kuracaklar.

O zaman, işte o taciz görmüş fırının intikamını korkuyla bekliyorum!

WH!TE GUD$

In domestic life, white goods are almost treated like a lively affair. :?:

Maybe it's because they're the kinds of jobs we actually don't have to do but undertake anyway, unlike tables and chairs. :?:

There's an emotional connection between women and dishwashers, for example. I've even seen people using it as a nickname. :?:

Ovens that burn food always turn very red, as if it was their crime. Sometimes, the oven can be found shouted at, sworn at, and even verbally and physically abused as if to slam its door hard!

This may originate in the movement and sounds, different from other home furniture, of some white goods.

They're in the same group as vacuum cleaners and washing machines, for instance.

Especially old washing machines.

If you remember, they used to work while doing the twist!

It even used to entertain the children of the house while they were sitting on top of this machine, so it would kill two birds with one stone.

These machines sometimes didn't just dance but also would inspect the bathroom while they were rolling. Oh, we don't call such a thing "goods" now.

Nowadays, it can be seen that machines have run up against the same changes as us humans.

Now they're using a lot of brain cells from physical force. :?: Automated ovens, smelly refrigerators that don't get mixed up with each other :?:, washing machines that separate white clothes from dark...

There's a computer inside each and every one of them, and with this artificial intelligence, I fear a bit later, they'll build up their own lives, refusing to serve us.

And then, you know, I wait fearfully for the revenge of that oven that's seen that abuse!
Last edited by vijayjohn on 2018-10-21, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2018-10-21, 16:33

Here are my belated corrections.

vijayjohn wrote:Ev hayatında beyaz eşyalara neredeyse canlı muamelesi yapılır.
In domestic life, white goods are almost treated like a lively affair.

white goods are almost treated like they are alive

Belki de koltuk, masa gibi eşyalardan farklı olarak, aslında bizim yapmamız gereken işleri üstlendikleri için böyledir.
Maybe it's because they're the kinds of jobs we actually don't have to do but undertake anyway, unlike tables and chairs.

maybe it's because they undertake the jobs that we should do, unlike chairs and tables

Ev kadınlarıyla bulaşık makineleri arasında duygusal bir bağ vardır, örneğin. Ben isim takanları bile gördüm.
There's an emotional connection between women and dishwashers, for example. I've even seen people using it as a nickname.

I've even seen people giving names (to their washing machines).

Yemeği yakan fırınlara her zaman çok kızılır, sanki bu onların su[ç]uymuş gibi.
Ovens that burn food always turn very red, as if it was their crime.

You always get angry with ovens that burn food.

Bu, bazı beyaz eşyaların, diğer ev möblelerinden farklı olarak, hareket etmesinden, ses çıkarmasından da kaynaklanıyor olabilir.
This may originate in the movement and sounds, different from other home furniture, of some white goods.

It may originate in the fact that, unlike other furniture, they make movements and produce sounds.

Elektrik süpürgesi, çamaşır makinesi bu gruptandır mesela.
They're in the same group as vacuum cleaners and washing machines, for instance.

Vacuum cleaners and washing machines are from this group, for instance (the group of devices which move and produce sounds).

Artık fiziksel güçlerinden çok beyinlerini kullanıyorlar.
Now they're using a lot of brain cells from physical force.

Now they are using more brain than physical force.

kokulan birbirine karıştırmayan buzdolapları
smelly refrigerators that don't get mixed up with each other

refrigerators that don't mix smells with each other

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-10-23, 3:05

Sağol, voron! :)

My attempt at the next story:

SANATÇILAR SİTESİ!

Site hayatı özellikle şehirlilerin yabancı olmadığı bir kavram.

Bir sürü apartmanı bir araya getirirsiniz, ortaya uyduruk bir tenis kortu, bahçeye benzer bir yeşillik veya kapıya bir bekçi, oldu sana site.

Bazı siteler de çok lüks tabii. Spor salonları, havuzlar, meditas[y]on odaları!

Ama bütün sitelerin ortak özelliği iddialı isimler, ["]içinde konak", "saray", "köşk" gibi lafların geçtiği siteler, üç dört [ç]am ağacı yüzünden "koru, orman," adı alanlar...

Ama en önemlisi de toplu meslek gruplarının isim verdiği siteler. Mesela Sanatçılar Sitesi.

Büyük hayal kırıklığı!

[İ]nsan zannediyor ki, bu siteden ev alınca şöyle bir hayat olacak:

Site içinde sabah yürüyüşüne çıkacaksınız, "Aa Hülya Avşar, günaydın, nassınız? Ooo Cem Yılmaz, n'aber abi?" Bakkalda Güher-Süher Pekine[l], tenis kortunda Yıldız Kenter. Herkes balkona çıkmış, resim, heykel falan yapıyor.

Maalesef böyle bir şey yok.

Ayrıca böyle bir durum gerçek olsa, Sanatçılar Sitesi dışında, diğer alternatifler oldukça sıkıcı olurdu. Mesela Kabzımallar Sitesi, Hesap Uzmanları Sitesi, Karbüratör Toptancıları Sitesi...

24 saat, 365 gün bir bay[i] toplantısı havası, ki kâbus gibi bir şey...

THE ARTISTS' ESTATE!

Estate life is a concept that isn't foreign, especially to urbanites.

You gather a bunch of apartment buildings, put a fake tennis court in the middle, a similar meadow in the garden or a guard at the door, and there's your estate.

Of course, some estates are very luxurious, too. Sport halls, pools, meditation rooms!

But the common feature of all estates is fancy names, estates with words like "mansion inside," "palace," or "pavilion" attached to them, places that take names like "woods" or "forest" because they have three or four pine trees in them...

But most important of all are estates that whole groups of professions have given their names to. For example, the Artists' Estate.

Big disappointment!

People think that people who buy a house on this estate will have the following kind of life:

You'll go out for a morning walk within the estate and go "oh, good morning, Hülya Avşar! How're you doin'? Yo, Cem Yılmaz, whassup bro?" You'll see Güher and Süher Pekinel at the grocery store and Yıldız Kenter on the tennis court. Everybody gets out on the balcony, takes pictures, and makes statues and what not.

Unfortunately, that's not how it is at all.

Besides, if it really were this way, other alternatives to the Artists' Estate would be pretty boring, like the Middlemen's Estate, the Accountants' Estate, the Carburetor Salesmen's Estate...

You'd have an environment of dealers' meetings 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so it would be like a nightmare...

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2018-10-23, 20:38

vijayjohn wrote:bahçeye benzer bir yeşillik
a similar meadow in the garden

a green area similar to a garden

The rest looks good!

I'm not sure about the translation of site as estate, just because I'm not sure about the meaning of the English word.
In Turkish, site, just as the text explains, is a group of apartments which share facilities like a swimming pool, a gym, etc, and all the residents pay a monthly fee for using these facilities. They are usually behind a fence and with a security at the entrance, like this:

This type of residence doesn't exist in Belarus, so I wouldn't be able to translate site even to Russian.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-10-24, 5:37

Ah, I see. The correct translation into English is not estate but rather gated community. They're pretty common in the US (they're definitely common in Austin!), but here, instead of a security guard, they tend to have password-protected gates. Apparently, Russia has developed some relatively recently, based on American siteler but different.

Anyway, thanks for your help as always, and here's my attempt at the next story!

YAŞASIN, DETERJAN!

Bir sürü reklamda aynı mesaj veriliyor. Dünyanın en berbat şeyi geliyor başına, arabana çarpıyorlar, evin yıkılıyor sözgelimi, "Boş ver, sen bir gazoz iç," diyorlar!

Manyak mıyım ben? Gazozun sırası mı?

Reklam insanları çok kolay mutlu olan cinsten.

Özellikle de ev kadınları. Mutfağa giriyorlar, bakıyorlar ki bomba düşmüş! Yüzlerce iğrenç bulaşık, yerler leş.

Normal şartlarda, benim bildiğim, ev kadınlarının ev ahalisini kılıçtan geçireceği bir durum!

Sonra bu kadın, tezgâhın üstünde bulaşık deterjanını görüyor ve gülmeye başlıyor.

Ben bu noktada "Tamam," diyorum, "kadın kafayı sıyırdı!"

Hayır. Kadın deterjanı görünce, "Oh, iş bitti," diye seviniyor.

Pardon, bu mutluluğun kaynağı nedir? Siz bulaşıkları deterjan[s]ız, sade suyla mı yıkamayı düşünüyordunuz?

Bulaşık makinen bile yok kardeşim! Sen bırak her şeyi, bu herifi terk et, pilini pırtını topla, çek git, kendine yeni bir hayat kur. Her şekilde bundan daha iyi olur.

Reklam insanları, silkinin ve kendinize gelin! Hayattan daha çok şey bekleyin.

LONG LIVE DETERGENT!

The same message is given in lots of ads. The most disgusting thing in the world comes and they're banging on your door, or, for instance, your home is crumbling and they're saying, "Forget about it; have a soda!" :?:

Am I a maniac? Is the line for sodas? :?:

Ads are one of those kinds of things that make people happy very easily. :?:

Especially housewives. They go into a kitchen and see a bomb's gone off in there! Tons of disgusting dirty dishes, scavenging. :?:

Under normal circumstances, as far as I know, that's the kind of situation housewives would kill the people they lived with over!

Then this woman sees the dishwashing liquid on the counter and starts to smile.

"Okay," I say at this point, "the woman's gone nuts!"

But no. Seeing the detergent, the woman happily says, "Whew, it's over."

Excuse me, what is the source of this happiness? Were you thinking of washing the dishes without detergent, with plain water?

You don't even have a dishwasher, sister! You leave it all, dump this sucker, grab your bags, get the hell out, and make a new life for yourself! It's better than this, at any rate.

Ad people, shake it off and come to y'all's senses! Expect way more from life!

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2018-10-25, 16:54

vijayjohn wrote:Dünyanın en berbat şeyi geliyor başına, arabana çarpıyorlar, evin yıkılıyor sözgelimi, "Boş ver, sen bir gazoz iç," diyorlar!
The most disgusting thing in the world comes and they're banging on your door, or, for instance, your home is crumbling and they're saying, "Forget about it; have a soda!"

The awfullest thing in the world happens to you, such as, someone crashes into your car, or your house collapses, and they say, "Forget about it; have a soda!".

Manyak mıyım ben? Gazozun sırası mı?
Am I a maniac? Is the line for sodas?

Is this the time for a soda?
One of the meanings of sıra is 'a turn', as in:
sıra bende - it's my turn

Reklam insanları çok kolay mutlu olan cinsten.
Ads are one of those kinds of things that make people happy very easily.

Ad people are of the kind that are made happy very easily.

Özellikle de ev kadınları. Mutfağa giriyorlar, bakıyorlar ki bomba düşmüş! Yüzlerce iğrenç bulaşık, yerler leş.
Especially housewives. They go into a kitchen and see a bomb's gone off in there! Tons of disgusting dirty dishes, scavenging.

Leş figuratively means a smelly dirty place, so instead of "scavenging" we can say something like "dirt all around".

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-10-27, 6:30

Sağol!

Sonraki hikaye :)

TEMİZLİK MERAKLISI TEYZELER

Temizlikle ilgili hafif ruhsal bozukluklar nedense daha çok kadınlarda görülüyor. Maalesef!

Daha ağır ve daha bilinçli vakalar tedavi görüp kurtuluyorlar.

Ama hafif durumlar ne yazık ki toplumda bizimle iç içe yaşıyorlar.

Temizlik meraklısı teyzeleri, evlerinde girilmeyen odalar, kullanılmayan eşyalar ve koltuk örtülerinden tanırsınız.

Bu tür, canlıların kullanımına kapalı oda ve eşyaların sebebi temizliktir. Ayakkabı çıkarılır, terlik giyilir, her şeye el sürülmez, el bezi verilir.

Oturup iki laf edemezsiniz; çünkü teyze halıdan ip, oradan buradan toz zerrecikleri ve en kötüsü üzerinizden saç toplamaktadır!

Bu teyzelerle dış dünyaya çıkılmaz.

Çünkü kendi steril ortamlarından çıktıkları anda, hayatı hem size hem kendilerine zehir ederler.

Bir yere girersiniz. Hemen çantadan kolalı mendil çıkar: "Uff, leş gibi kokuyor."

Restorana gidersiniz. Tabak, bardak incelenir. Suratta hep aynı ekşi ve tedirgin ifade vardır.

Yemek ısmarlarsınız keyifle, teyze atılır: 'Ay bilmem ki ne yesem, bunların mutfağı da pistir!"

Garson yemeği getirir: "Bu çocuklar ellerini de yıkamıyorlardır."

Fenalık geçirmek işten değil!

Bir de özel bir hareket vardır. Yukarıdaki laflan ederken sol eli, yüzün hemen yanında el sallar gibi iki kere sallayıp, sonra aynı elle ağzı kapatma hareketi!

Deneyiniz! Bu hareket, "Artık ben ucundan söylüyorum, geride kalan felaketleri sen tahayyül et," anlamındadır ve teyzelerin tekelindedir.

Yani bu harekete eşlik etsin diye şöyle diyemezsiniz: "Ayy, ne çok e-mail gelmiş." Yok. Olmaz.

O hareketi layıkıyla yapabilmeniz için dolma sarabilmeniz, farklı kanepe kolu örtüsü çeşitlerine sahip olmanız ve temizlik konusunda ciddi takıntılarınızın olması gerekir.

CLEAN FREAK AUNTIES

Low-key mental disorders regarding cleanliness are most often found among women for some reason. Unfortunately!

They're relieved upon seeing the remedy for more serious and more conscious phenomena. :?:

But what a pity that low-key situations live together with us in society!

You know clean freak aunties from the rooms they don't go into in their homes, the furniture they don't use, and the covers on their couches.

For these kinds of people, the reason for keeping their rooms closed and their furniture their whole lives is cleanliness. Shoes are taken off, sandals are worn, hands cannot touch anything, and hands are given cloth. :?:

You can't get a word in edgeways with them once you've sat down because strings from an auntie's carpet, grains of dust here and there, and, worst of all, a hair from your head all accumulate! :?:

You can't go out with these aunties.

Because the moment they step out of their own sterile environments, they make life miserable both for you and for themselves.

You go somewhere. She takes out a starched handkerchief from her bag at once and goes "eww, it smells like trash."

You go to a restaurant. The plates and the glasses are examined. The same old harsh, agitated expression is written on her face.

When you order food, the auntie gleefully begins, "Oh, I don't know what I'll eat; the whole kitchen is a pigsty!"

The waiter brings the meal, and she says, "These kids aren't even washing their hands."

It's easy to get sick from it!

There's a special hand motion, too. A movement where, saying the above words, you sway your left hand like a raft twice right next to your face, then shut your mouth with the same hand!

Try it! This motion means "I'm telling you now in advance; imagine the disasters left behind!" and is monopolized by aunties.

In other words, you don't just play along with this motion and say, "Ooh, how many e-mails I got coming in!" Nope. Doesn't happen.

If you can't do that motion properly, you must not know how to stuff grape leaves, have different kinds of couch arm covers, or seriously obsess over the topic of cleanliness.

Return to “Turkish (Türkçe)”