Hans H. Ørberg's Lingua Latina: Opinions?

Polyglot Database

Hans H. Ørberg's Lingua Latina: Opinions?

Postby Polyglot Database » 2011-05-19, 0:49

At college my class has been using Hans Ørberg's Lingua Latina program. Personally, I like its immersive approach, but many of my fellow classmates seem to struggle with its presentation. Has anyone else on the forum had experience with the textbook, and, if so, what are your opinions?

Here is a link to Amazon's description:[urlhttp://www.amazon.com/Lingua-Latina-Familia-Romana-Latin/dp/1585102385/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305765975&sr=1-2][/url]

Yeshua.C

Re: Hans H. Ørberg's Lingua Latina: Opinions?

Postby Yeshua.C » 2011-05-19, 2:37

I love the Lingua Latina courses. I'm only new to latin, but I will definitely use these to create a solid foundation in the language.

Actually, I wish I had similar courses for modern languages! :D

johntm

Postby johntm » 2011-05-23, 21:13

I've heard it's very good, and I have it on my computer, but I haven't really used it yet.
Native: [flag]en-US[/flag]
Learning: [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]es[/flag] [flag]de[/flag]
"The goal [of learning foreign languages] is to speak not so that you can be understood, but so that you cannot be misunderstood."-Earl W. Stevick
"You either get good at accomplishments or you get good at making excuses."-Anonymous

loqu
Location: Sevilla [seˈβiʝa] (Andalucía), born in Cádiz [ˈkaði]

Postby loqu » 2011-07-13, 12:52

I read the whole volume I of Lingua Latina and it was pretty good. I already knew a bit of Latin (namely the declension paradigms), but it helped me a lot in gaining rapid understanding of what was written.

I gave up half way through the second volume because its progression is much harder, but I still plan to resume my learning with it.
Dir la veritat sempre és revolucionari.

Return to “Latin (Latina)”