Stor eksplosjon i Oslo sentrum

Moderator:Johanna

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » 2011-07-22, 19:14

Norway hit by deadly blast, shootings

I just heard that this happened today. My thoughts are with all those affected.
Om alle var lykkelige ville vi ikke hatt noe god musikk.

Heimdal

Re: Stor eksplosjon i Oslo sentrum

Postby Heimdal » 2011-07-22, 19:38

Som om ikke det var nok gikk en våpendesperado amok med våpen på Utøya, der Arbeiderpartiet hadde en sommerleir. Det er bekreftet over 10 døde.

En meget trist dag for Norge,

Reinder
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Reinder » 2011-07-22, 20:36

Jeg er helt sjokkert, hvor sjokkerende. :?
Jeg føle med ofre og etterlatte. :cry:
Image Image Image Image | Image | Image

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-22, 22:16

Diogenes wrote:Stor eksplosjon i Oslo sentrum
Norway hit by deadly blast, shootings

I just heard that this happened today. My thoughts are with all those affected.
I didn't hear any news while I was working this afternoon, but one of my colleagues left me a voice mail to let me know that there had been a terrorist bombing in downtown Oslo today as well as a shooting. :(

I am completely in shock right now. :(

I just posted the link to the Washington Post article on my Facebook page and wrote the following:

Jeg er helt lamslått av dette triste budskapet. Mine tanker er med mine venner og familie i Norge i denne vanskelige tiden.

I am completely stunned by this sad news. My thoughts are with my friends and family in Norway during this difficult time.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

juuni...

Postby juuni... » 2011-07-23, 0:18

heartbreaking...

hlysnan

Postby hlysnan » 2011-07-23, 1:16

This is horrible... how can they do this? :(

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-23, 1:39

A friend of mine just sent me this link to the Sons of Norway blog:

Sons of Norway Response to Tragedy in Oslo

Sons of Norway was shocked to learn of this morning’s bombing in Oslo. As an international fraternal benefit society, our members, leaders and staff all have many loved ones in Norway, so this news comes with an even heavier sense of sadness.

Here also is the link to one of the articles posted at the "Views and News from Norway" site:

BOMB ROCKS CENTRAL OSLO

UPDATE: A powerful bomb exploded in downtown Oslo shortly before 3:30pm on Friday afternoon, causing extensive damage to government offices and scores of buildings in a wide radius. By early evening at least seven people were confirmed dead and 15 were hospitalized with injuries, some of them serious. The death toll was expected to rise.

Remis

Postby Remis » 2011-07-23, 3:04

Been watching the news all day about this, and been trying to inform my non-Norwegian friends to the best of my ability.
Just checked www.NRK.no (the biggest news channel here).
The new, confirmed death toll is seven dead and 90 wounded in Centrum, and 80 dead in Utøya.
This is... Devastating. I don't even know what to say.
Remis Kalvan | art / ˈfɛɪsˌbʊk | L1: [flag]no-nb[/flag] L2: [flag]en[/flag] reading short stories in: [flag]it[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]

TAC 2012 [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]la[/flag] ([flag]es-mx[/flag] [flag]non[/flag])
Of immense interest: [flag]grc[/flag] [flag]akk[/flag] [flag]egy[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag] [flag]mt[/flag] [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]eu[/flag] [flag]pl[/flag] [flag]prg[/flag] [flag]nah[/flag] [flag]qu[/flag] [flag]nv[/flag] [flag]zh.Hant[/flag]
Wanderlustin' for [flag]ain[/flag] [flag]ka[/flag] [flag]mn[/flag] [flag]cy[/flag] [flag]af[/flag]

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-23, 13:40

Remis wrote:The new, confirmed death toll is seven dead and 90 wounded in Centrum, and 80 dead in Utøya.
This is... Devastating. I don't even know what to say.
This is so unbelievably sad. :(

DEATH TOLL HITS 91, MAY RISE

Norway ’s worst catastrophe since World War II continued to deepen during the night, when the director of the state police announced that at least 84 persons were killed in a massacre at the Labour Party’s annual summer camp. Øystein Mæland also warned that more bodies could be discovered at the site.

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » 2011-07-23, 14:26

The following is a list of Aftenposten articles encapsulating the tragedy, for those who would like more information.
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks ... 181314.ece

At the moment 7 are confirmed dead from the bombing in Oslo, and 91 from the shooting on Utøya.

This is really messed up.
Om alle var lykkelige ville vi ikke hatt noe god musikk.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-23, 15:08

Diogenes wrote:The following is a list of Aftenposten articles encapsulating the tragedy, for those who would like more information.
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks ... 181314.ece
Takk for lenken.

The first picture I saw confirmed what I had suspected when I first heard this terrible news yesterday. The last day that I was in the Oslo sentrum during my 2009 trip to Norway, I spent several hours within a few blocks of where the explosion occurred.

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Postby Aurinĭa » 2011-07-23, 15:40

Raufoss wrote:
Diogenes wrote:The first picture I saw confirmed what I had suspected when I first heard this terrible news yesterday. The last day that I was in the Oslo sentrum during my 2009 trip to Norway, I spent several hours within a few blocks of where the explosion occurred.

That's why this shocked me more than the bombings in Madrid and Londen some years ago. I'd never been there. But I was in Oslo just a couple of months ago. And I'm pretty sure I often passed close by.

That sounds as if I'm only shocked because I could have been hit. :? It's more that I'm shocked because it happened in a country that I'd never associate with such violent terrorism.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2011-07-23, 16:14

I was glued to the TV all day yesterday. Very shocked and sad. How can a person shoot kids at a summer camp? Its so heartbreaking. :cry:
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-23, 16:51

melan wrote:That's why this shocked me more than the bombings in Madrid and Londen some years ago. I'd never been there. But I was in Oslo just a couple of months ago. And I'm pretty sure I often passed close by.
I had a very long reply to your post, but forgot to check to see if I was still logged on before trying to post it and ended up losing everything I wrote. :(

Here's a shorter version:

I still have a very vivid memory of that last day I spent in the Oslo sentrum during my 2009 trip to Norway. Since it was Friday the 13th I even remember the exact date (13.11.09). I recall walking along Møllergata from Grensen to Youngs gate during the mid-afternoon so at one point I was probably only about a block away from where the explosion occurred.

melan wrote:That sounds as if I'm only shocked because I could have been hit. :? It's more that I'm shocked because it happened in a country that I'd never associate with such violent terrorism.
I was at Heathrow less than a week before the 2005 London bombings and felt very sad about the tragic and senseless loss of life, but didn't feel anywhere near the level of shock that I experienced after hearing this news yesterday. I've always felt so safe and secure in Oslo and the thought never entered my mind that a terrorist bombing could actually happen there. :(

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2011-07-24, 2:20

Tragic :( I really don't know how to express myself properly, but I do want to go home right now as I am currently visiting my family in Texas. I still don't know if anyone I know got caught up in the whole ordeal, but I have noticed that a lot of my friends are currently anxious about someone from school. Really crazy... I checked the news and was shocked to see that 17 had died, went to a little reunion with some friends here for a couple of hours, got back and learned that over 80 had died in the shooting alone. This will affect us in so many ways in years to come. As one of the campers said; "if one person can show this much hatred, imagine how much love we can show together."
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

hashi

Postby hashi » 2011-07-24, 4:47

I had a feeling there would be a thread on this here ;)

As with most of the world, my thoughts are with those affected and I am totally blown away myself. My thoughts are also remaining positive for the Kiwi girl reported to be on Utøya at the time. I also hope none of you knew anyone who has to go through that, it must be horrible :(
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2011-07-24, 5:53

I'm so disgusted by this. :( I really cant believe this happened. I was almost in tears today watching BBC coverage of it and hearing the survivors talk about it. Very very sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The American media is saying the guy who did this is a right win extremist? What does that mean? Is it the same as American right win ?
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

Wishful Learner

Postby Wishful Learner » 2011-07-24, 7:45

Meera wrote:I'm so disgusted by this. :( I really cant believe this happened. I was almost in tears today watching BBC coverage of it and hearing the survivors talk about it. Very very sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The American media is saying the guy who did this is a right win extremist? What does that mean? Is it the same as American right win ?

They mean extreme-right. He was a Christian fundamentalist who had strong views against immigration and Islam in Norway. He was also very angry over the relaxed policies of the current Norwegian government. He's still evil, whoever he is. :(

My thoughts are with Norway on this dreadful weekend.
Native | Pas mal, nicht schlecht, no es malo | mi piace | Het is goed, niet waar? | わかりません | 我 是 英国人。| שלום, נעים מאוד | Quero...

Pawb at y peth y bo

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2011-07-24, 8:19

Aleco wrote:Tragic :( I really don't know how to express myself properly, but I do want to go home right now as I am currently visiting my family in Texas. I still don't know if anyone I know got caught up in the whole ordeal, but I have noticed that a lot of my friends are currently anxious about someone from school.
It must be really difficult for you to watch the news about this terrible tragedy when you are so far from home. :( I sincerely hope that no one from your school was one of the victims.
hashi wrote:My thoughts are also remaining positive for the Kiwi girl reported to be on Utøya at the time.
I also hope for the best for the girl from New Zealand. After reading that article I read another article in the New Zealand Herald:

Norway massacre planned for 2 years

A rambling 1,500-page diary apparently written by the Norwegian man accused of killing more than 90 people in twin attacks says he has been preparing the operation since at least autumn 2009.

hlysnan

Postby hlysnan » 2011-07-24, 10:51

I think the guy is right of centre. I definitely do not believe he was a Christian fundamentalist because he criticised Vlaams Belang for being anti-gay (and racist). He also wasn't opposed to immigration as a whole since apparently he was only opposed to muslim immigration, saying that "Asians and non-muslim Africans were making positive contributions to society". This doesn't stop the fact that the way he went about doing things was very horrible and frightening though.

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”