De norske håndballjentene

Moderator:Johanna

Raufoss
De norske håndballjentene

Postby Raufoss » 2009-12-15, 18:05

Tidligere i dag de norske håndballjenten hadde en dramatisk come-fra-bak seieren over Spania for å sikre sin plass i semis i VM i Kina. Norge henger etter de første 30 minuttene 8-14, men samlet i andre halvdel å knytte score på 18. Ledningen gikk frem og tilbake i flere minutter og stillingen var bundet en siste gang på 21. Norge så åpnet opp en 24-21 fordel og vant 27-24.

Earlier today Norways national women's handball team had a dramatic come-from-behind victory over Spain to secure their place in the semis of the World Championships in China. Norway trailed after the first 30 minutes 8-14, but rallied in the second half to tie the score at 18. The lead went back and forth for several minutes and the score was tied one final time at 21. Norway then opened up a 24-21 advantage and went on to win 27-24.

Norge til VM-semien tross skrekkomgang

http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/12/15/spor ... 9/9521212/

Herrem: - Nå skal vi «kicke ass» i semifinalen

http://msn.tv2sporten.no/handball/vm200 ... 63721.html
Last edited by Raufoss on 2012-07-27, 19:01, edited 2 times in total.
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

Raufoss

Banket Spania og tok VM-bronse

Postby Raufoss » 2009-12-21, 19:10

Norway defeated Spain 31-26 yesterday in the bronze medal match.

Banket Spania og tok VM-bronse'

Beat Spain and took the World Cup bronze
Last edited by Raufoss on 2012-07-27, 19:02, edited 6 times in total.

Raufoss

Jeg trenger to øl for å komme på nivået til Camilla

Postby Raufoss » 2009-12-22, 0:03

Jeg trenger to øl for å komme på nivået til Camilla

Best på fest
Byåsen-venninne Marit Malm Frafjord har gull fra både VM og OL, men at det «bare» ble bronse denne gangen legger ingen demper på festen.

- Jeg og Camilla er best på fest, men jeg trenger nok to øl for å komme opp på lydnivået hennes, sier Malm Frafjord til Dagbladet.

Best of the party

Byåsen-girlfriend Marit Malm Frafjord has gold from both the World Championships and Olympics, but that it "only" was bronze this time puts no damper on the party.

- I and Camilla are the best at the party, but I need two beers to get up to the loudness of her, "said Malm Frafjord to Dagbladet.
Last edited by Raufoss on 2012-07-27, 19:02, edited 2 times in total.

EinarJ

Re: Norges håndballjentene

Postby EinarJ » 2009-12-22, 0:43

If my understanding of the english language is correct, then "boyfriend/girlfriend" both imply some sort of romantic relationship, whereas "venn/vennine" usually don't (they simply translate into "friend", and "female friend", nothing more.)

Raufoss

SV: Norges håndballjentene

Postby Raufoss » 2009-12-22, 2:03

EinarJ wrote:If my understanding of the english language is correct, then "boyfriend/girlfriend" both imply some sort of romantic relationship, whereas "venn/vennine" usually don't (they simply translate into "friend", and "female friend", nothing more.)
Tusen takk for det. :y: I went back and made the correction . :)

If "kjæreste" had been used instead of "venninne," then "girlfriend" would have been a more appropriate translation.
Last edited by Raufoss on 2010-12-20, 19:32, edited 2 times in total.

Raufoss

Gulljubel for håndballjentene

Postby Raufoss » 2010-12-20, 19:39

Gulljubel for håndballjentene

De norske håndballjentene vant nabokrigen mot Sverige og kan feire sitt fjerde strake EM-gull i kveld. :woohoo:

The Norwegian women's national handball team won the war against neighboring Sweden and can celebrate their fourth straight European Championship gold this evening. :cheery:
Last edited by Raufoss on 2012-07-27, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2010-12-21, 10:21

Tidligere i dag hadde Norges håndballjenter en dramatisk bakfrakommende seier* over Spania for å sikre sin plass i semifinalen i VM i Kina. Norge henger etter de første 30 minuttene 8-14, men sanket inn 10 mål i andre omgang. Ledningen** gikk frem og tilbake i flere minutter og stillingen ble 21-??***. Norge så åpnet opp en 24-21 fordel**** og vant 27-24.

* Kanskje "bakevjeseier" ... ikke sikker.
** I do not now what to call a "lead" in Norwegian :P But "ledning" means "power cable"
*** Når du bruker ordet "stilling", trenger du noe å sammenlignet ett lags måltal med ;)
**** Jeg skjønner ikke helt hva du mener her :hmm:

Bra handballag er det :)
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

EinarJ

Postby EinarJ » 2010-12-21, 18:16

Tenker du på "ledelse"? Som i "Rosenborg skaffet seg en tre måls ledelse i første omgang".

Ellers burde denne tråden egentlig hete "De norske håndballjentene".

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2010-12-21, 18:23

EinarJ wrote:Ellers burde denne tråden egentlig hete "De norske håndballjentene".
Tusen takk for det! :y:

Raufoss

Re: De norske håndballjentene

Postby Raufoss » 2012-07-27, 18:05

Jeg ser frem til å se Norges kvinnelandslag i håndball gå for gull i London.

I'm looking forward to watching Norway's women's national handball team go for gold in London.

Vi kommer til å løpe fra dem

We will leave them in the dust

Tøff gruppe
Thorir Hergeirssons damer er Norges største gullhåp i OL. Men de har havnet i en tøff gruppe. Norge møter begge de øvrige medaljevinnerne fra VM i desember, sølvvinner Frankrike og bronsevinner Spania. I tillegg skal de spille mot Danmark som tok fjerdeplassen i mesterskapet.

Tough Group

Thorir Hergeirsson's women are Norway's biggest hope for a gold medal in the Olympics. But they ended up in a tough group. Norway meets both of the other medal winners from the World Cup in December, silver medalist France and bronze winner Spain. In addition, they will play against Denmark, which took fourth place in the championship.

http://sport.aftenposten.no/sport/london_2012/index.jsp?stats=true&type=olprogram

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-07-29, 20:56

Det var en veldig spennende kamp, men likevel en skuffende tap. :(

It was a very exciting match, but still a disappointing loss.

Ida Alstad: - Vi er ikke maskiner

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-07-30, 23:27

The goalkeeping hero received a hug as thanks

Kari Aalvik Grimsbø was thankful for the trust and played a huge match when she received the chance to start against Sweden.

A brilliant performance by Kari Aalvik Grimsbø (27) shut Norway's goal up in the first half and the keeper played a central role in tonight's win over Sweden.

The Swedes were frustrated by 14 saves, which allowed Norway to reach half time with a 14-9 lead. Grimsbø carried on where she left off in the second half against France when she made eight saves from fifteen shots.

For tonight's match Katrine Lunde Haraldsen started on the bench and Grimsbø was in charge of Norway's goal from the start. She took advantage of her opportunity. "They had no chance, not with shots from the wing anyway. I am very proud of Kari today", said captain Marit Malm Frafjord to NRK.

Trainer Thorir Hergeirsson gave her a good hug afterwards. "What can you say about her?" - "I just gave her a hug", said Thorir Hergeirsson to NRK with a smile.

Grimsbø herself pointed to the match time she had had and the confidence she had built up as the key. She had praise for all the Norwegian supporters. "You get the goosebumps coming in here, and it's quite moving to see so many shouting for us", she said.

The two main reasons for the three-goal margin tonight were the counterattcking - and the keeper. "Luckily we had Grimsbø, and luckily we scored from several counterattacks. That's what kept us in it", said NRK expert Mia Hundvin.

The total of saves by Grimsbø was 22 from 43 shots, a 51% result. "She was clearly the best player for Norway and in the match. She is putting Katrine Lunde Haraldsen in the shade", said commentator Christian Nilssen.

Linn Jørum Sulland had to watch the second half of the France match from the bench, but was put to work this evening. She made four misses in the first half but the left-handed back kept going and placed in five goals before half time. In the second half she only had five misses.

Sweden held up until 5-5 before Norway pulled away. They maintained a 5-6 goal lead thanks to the keeper. But there were plenty of mistakes and the only exception was Linn-Kristin Riegelhuth Koren, who scored with all five of her shots.

Sweden created new excitement when they crept up to 20-22 a few minutes from the end. But Norway held on and took two important points.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-07-31, 14:43

Mer om gårsdagens viktig seier over Sverige:

More about yesterday's important victory over Sweden:

- Presset har ødelagt for Lunde-Haraldsen

Mats Olsson tror benkingen i OL er det beste som kunne skjedd målvaktsstjernen.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-07-31, 15:55

Sverige ville ikke ha Kurtovic

Svenskene syntes ikke at Amanda Kurtovic var god nok for fem år siden.

Sveriges tap er Norge sin gevinst. :y:

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-08-04, 9:52

Med sin dramatiske siste sekund seier over Danmark, er Norge nå klar for kvartfinalen. :cheery:

Kloke Karo reddet Norge

Karoline Dyhre Breivang slet seg igjennom det danske forsvaret og ga Norge seier 24-23.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-08-04, 21:25

Herrem gråt gledestårer og hyllet helten Breivang

Camilla Herrem was thankful for the late match heroics by teammate Karoline Dyhre Breivang.

Denmark-Norway 23-24: Karoline Dyhre Breivang (32) was Norway's saviour last night in London, and was praised afterwards by a tearful Camilla Herrem. "Magic by Karo. She saved us", said Herrem.

After the match left-winger Herrem ran straight to the stands where her mother and sister Cathrine stood celebrating the narrow win over Denmark. The win had come 12 seconds from the end with a breakthrough by Breivang. The Norwegian supporters in the Copper Box erupted.

"You deserve an extra good hug today. I am so relieved. You must sharpen up", said Aslaug Herrem to her daughter. She knew very well that the match had been far more exciting than it should have been, with missed shots, missed penalties and other mistakes.

Herrem herself could not keep the tears back and ran straight to father Carl Otto for another long hug right in front of VG's journalists. "Their self-confidence has been down. This win should build them up", said Carl Otto Herrem.

While Herrem met her family, Breivang the hero was mobbed by her teammates. With the score at 23-23 the trainer Thorir Hergeirsson had taken a timeout 38 seconds from the end. "One goal, OK? we can do it. Use a little time at the start, then I want shots", he told the players.

Breivang made the shot. "Luckily I scored, because it was terrible to waste the chance I had a minute before. It made the ending even better", she said.

Norway were not at their best and were up to three goals behind the Danes at times earlier in the match. Norway's high point in the first half came when Camilla Herrem put them ahead 12-11 a couple of minutes before the break. Then halfway through the second half Norway, strengthened by Kristine Lunde-Borgersen, took a three-goal lead. The Danes took a time-out. Two minutes later it was 21-21. At the finish it was Norway that scrambled to a one-goal lead, thanks to Karoline Dyhre Breivang.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-08-07, 10:48

Klare for semifinale etter seier over Brasil 21-19!! :congrats: :woohoo: :good4u:

HEIA NORGE!! :cheery:

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-08-08, 3:29

Keeper hero wept after handball drama

Kari Aalvik Grimsbø was weeping as she spoke with NRK right after the match.

Brazil drove over the out-of-form Norwegians in their steamroller in this morning's quarter-final in the London Olympics, establishing a six-goal lead at one point. With things looking blacker than ever, Kari Aalvik Grimsbø worked a miracle in the second half to turn the match round.

Grimsbø has been a familiar figure on the Norway bench as the reserve to Katrine Lunde Haraldsen since before the Beijing Olympics, but today, with Haraldsen suffering from the effects of 22 straight months of handball, Grimsbø seized the moment and Brazil were restricted to six goals as she made 14 saves. Final score: Norway 21 Brazil 19 (half time 9-13).

Once again Kari Aalvik Grimsbø started on the bench in this morning's quarter-final, but after much handball drama against Brazil she was described as the best keeper in the world by the national team trainer. The hero was in tears when she spoke to NRK on camera after the match. "Yeeess!!", she yelled on being asked if she was ready for the semifinal. Norway were trailing for 47 minutes, but after a crazy end to the match they are through to the semis.

A lot of the credit goes to Grimsbø who shut the goal up after half time. "I can't say much. We were just fighting all the way. It was a delight! We stood together and had belief in ourselves", she said. Although she did not figure in the starting team, she showed how important she has been for Norway. The official statistics show that she made 14 saves from 22 shots, an unusually high 63% save ratio.

After the match the experts fell over themselves in their praise. "This is keeper play in line with the very best through history", said NRK commentator Christian Nilssen.

"You can only take your hat off to her. Her second half was out of this world", said Øystein Havang.

Thorir Heirgeirsson followed up. "Kari has stepped up. She has shown that she is on the way to becoming the world's best keeper", he said.

The atmosphere in the Copper Box was electric, with stamping on the floor, cow-bells ringing and much clapping from the crowd as Norway turned the match round. Brazil led by six goal in the second half, but when Gøril Snorroeggen brought the score to 12-15 Christian Nilssen shouted, "now something is about to happen".

Happen it did. Even though Norway wasted several chances, the defence suddenly clicked into position and Grimsbø started her amazing display of goalkeeping. Slowy but surely Norway reeled the Brazilians in and put a stop to their samba-handball. In the 22nd minute Snorroeggen popped up again and the scores were even at 18-18. The stage was ready for a rare drama as Norway brought their win to shore.

"It was a gigantic turn-round after we were down and out in the first half", said NRK expert Geir Oustorp.

"It happened with a couple of counterattacks, and then things fell into place. We have waited five matches for this", said Thorir Hergeirsson. After the match the players thanked the public for their support. All of a sudden their choice of tickets had a lucky outcome.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-08-11, 6:18

Keeper hero thinks she may be dropped for the Olympic finals

Revenge: Katrine Lunde Haraldsen celebrates after making a save in the match against South Korea.

Norway will play in the Olympic Final on Sunday after a rocky ride through the group followed by a late rally in the quarter final after it looked unlikely they would go any further.

In Thursday's semifinal the Norwegians found some of the old form that brought gold in Beijing. 32-year-old Katrine Lunde Haraldsen in goal made a fantastic 14 saves from 25 shots in the match against South Korea after coming on after 20 minutes of the first half.

Haraldsen admitted she was unsure of a starting place in Sunday's match against Montenegro, but said she was relieved to find form again. "Thorir will decide. He can do exactly as he likes", she said.

In the quarter-final the keeper roles were reversed. Haraldsen started the match but was replaced by Kari Aalvik Grimsbø, who rescued her country with a show of brilliance in the second half. Last night Grimsbø answered questions about the goalkeeping situation diplomatically but made her wishes clear. "There's no doubt that I want to play", she said.

"Who do you think should start?" - "I don't know. It's Thorir who decides", said Grimsbø. She hails from Trondheim, while Haraldsen belongs to Kristiansand on the south coast.

Trainer Thorir Heirgeirsson was uncommunicative on the question, a choice that has been decisive in several of Norway's matches in London. "You don't want to bother too much about it. We don't think it's anything difficult", he told VG Nett.

The keeper trainer Mats Olsson thinks Haralsen showed her winner instincts in the South Korea match which Norway won 31-25. "There are some people who stand out when things are at their worst. I know how difficult it has been for her", he said.

Haraldsen already has several European Cup golds plus a World Cup trophy and an Olympic gold medal. "Is it possible to drop her now?" - "Drop and drop. We have a fantastic team. Can you spoil it? should we drop a keeper who has the best statistics in the tournament?", said Olsson rhetorically. "We have the world's best keeper team. It isn't that important who starts. At least one of them will be in form for the match", he said.

Norway meets Montenegro in the Olympic Final on Saturday at 21.30.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2012-08-11, 8:35

The handball girls rejects their red home kits

Ida Alstad (top), Amanda Kurtovic (left) and Linn Jørum Sulland swear by the away white kits. With them, Norway has only victories in the Olympics. With the red home kits, the two losses and one draw.

Norway's handball team normally play in red but have adopted their white away kit as the preferred colour in London this week.

"We must play in the white shirt", said Amanda Kurtovic to nrk.no. "Since we have only lost in the red shirts, white is our new winning colour". At the Olympics they have lost their matches in red and won those played in the white shirts. So they are going to choose white for Saturday's Final if they get the chance.

"Both Linn (Jørum Sulland) and Ida (Alstad) have used their same shirts in all the matches we have won. They want to continue with it", said Kurtovic. "We are a superstitious lot".

"We must have the white shirts", said Ida Alstad. "I have used the identical complete kit for all the matches we have won".

It started after the 24-21 win over Sweden in the group. As it happened they wore white again in the 24-23 win over Demark. In between they lost their group match against South Korea in red shirts.

The Norwegians are also superstitious in the changing room. "People say: 'I will sit here because I sat here last time we won'. That's how it is", smiled Kurtovic.

But what colour they play in is not yet certain because Montenegro also plays in white. The decision depends on a draw on Friday, when the home and away teams for the Final will be chosen. The 'home' team gets the choice of colour. For Norway it will be easy.

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”