Handwriting question

qpzil
Handwriting question

Postby qpzil » 2009-03-03, 21:57

I searched the forum but couldn't find any info on Polish handwriting. Letters such as ę, ą, ń, etc. are easy enough to figure out, but I cańt figure out ł. When I write, my ł and t look almost the same, since I dońt know the proper way to write it. Someone enlighten me!

Dziękuję!
[flag=]us[/flag] - Since 1985
[flag=]de[/flag] - Since 2001
[flag=]eo[/flag] - Since 2004
[flag=]ru[/flag] - Since 2004
...and a smattering of others along the way...

Psi-Lord

Re: Handwriting question

Postby Psi-Lord » 2009-03-03, 22:08

qpzil wrote:Letters such as ę, ą, ń, etc. are easy enough to figure out, […]

I remember, a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, in one of the first handwriting threads we had, I mentioned I found ę and ą natural, because I’d write them the way I write ç (though with the tail reversed), and then Fenek told me that wasn’t quite write, because, when a word has ç in Portuguese, I first write the whole word and then go back and add the cedilla, but, in the case of ę and ą, I was supposed to add the tail write away, with the flow. :P

qpzil wrote:[…] but I cańt figure out ł. When I write, my ł and t look almost the same, since I dońt know the proper way to write it.

I remember trying to make the ł stroke as wavy as possible, as to tell it from the straight t one, but it’d often look weird. I guess I even wrote it in a way that it looked like a normal l with a tilde (~) flying above it (). :lol: :oops:
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

axaxaxasz mlö

Postby axaxaxasz mlö » 2009-03-04, 5:08

I write ł like in this comics. (Joann Sfar: Kot rabina)

pittmirg

Postby pittmirg » 2009-03-04, 16:38

Yeah, a hand-written <ł> looks almost like <Ʈ> - it's just taught that way. A capital <Ł> often resembles <£>, (although not in my ugly writing, where it looks like the print version).

Ok, a little sample of mine. Bleed! :evil:

:lol:
Śnieg, zawierucha w nas

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » 2009-03-04, 18:39

Could you write here what the text you've hand-written says? Dziękuję :P
Om alle var lykkelige ville vi ikke hatt noe god musikk.

Kuba

Postby Kuba » 2009-03-04, 19:22

Since I have learned writing in Austria, this problem doesn't exist for me: I write the "t" and the "l" the Austrian way (well, not exactly as in this example, not since elementary school ;)) - and my "ł" is a regular Austrian "l" with a dash, much like the printed one. This was confusing, though, for Polish teachers when we moved to Poland. But I won... :twisted:

pittmirg

Postby pittmirg » 2009-03-05, 17:46

Diogenes wrote:Could you write here what the text you've hand-written says? Dziękuję :P

I hope you could recognize the English part at least. :P

The quick brown fox jumps
over the lazy dog.

Pchnąć w tę łódź jeża lub ośm skrzyń fig!

Мое пісмо жонѕі, но не?!

@Kuba: that Austrian <t> looks like the Sütterlin one. In fact I love the Sütterlin script. And use it when I'm bored or have nothing better to do.
Śnieg, zawierucha w nas

Return to “Polish (Polski)”