Page 1 of 3

Polish Music

Posted: 2006-05-28, 16:31
by E}{pugnator
Hey! Waldek? Fenek? Even Luis will do...

Who could help me with a walkthrough to Polish music? I've found a lot of materials, so it's hard to tell what is popular, well-known or not, what is loved or hatred. So i'd like to have a list of Polish contemporary artists according to genres. They must sing in Polish, of course (though Kasubian would be sooo nice too ;) ). So far, I know Warsaw Village Band, Delight and Anna Maria Jestem.

Thanks in advance!

Posted: 2006-05-28, 17:00
by Luís
Even *I* will do? :twisted:

Ok, if you want to listen to good Polish music tune in to http://www.radiomaryja.pl/

Some artists I can think of:

Myslovitz
O.N.A.
Chylińska

Kasia Kowalska
Alicja Janosz
Edyta Górniak

You should ask Strigo, he's totally in love with some of these girls... :wink:

Posted: 2006-05-28, 17:09
by arti
Luís wrote:Ok, if you want to listen to good Polish music tune in to http://www.radiomaryja.pl/

interesting :lol:
But seriously it would be the last radio that I would recommend :D

Posted: 2006-05-28, 17:19
by Luís
arti wrote:
Luís wrote:Ok, if you want to listen to good Polish music tune in to http://www.radiomaryja.pl/

interesting :lol:
But seriously it would be the last radio that I would recommend :D


I was being ironic, artinho ;)

What about http://www.rmf.fm/? It's not bad, but not much Polish music either...

Posted: 2006-05-28, 17:21
by E}{pugnator
I didn't ask for catholic music :devil:

Serious, I've got Myslovitz, Kasia and Alicja. I prefer groups to pop female singers à la Celine Dion, Shiri Maymon and all "on"...Strigo already did mention me which were his favorite ones, but I lost his list, and since i got many songs also from independent sources, I don't know which ones are actually popular.

I didn't know about O.N.A. and Chylińska, will give them a try. Can you tell me a song/album name from O.N.A. ? It's hard to search for bands which are dotted acronyms, if you get what I mean... ;)

I've heard that Poland is unique in the sense that Rock music is much more listened to in the radios than Pop music there (leaving aside Radio Maryja :p)...

I think there should be such a thread in every VSL forum!

Posted: 2006-05-28, 18:13
by arti
Luís wrote:I was being ironic, artinho ;)

Never, absolutly never, would artiño suspect you of being ironic Luis ;)

E}{pugnator, I hope you've had enough space for songs ;)

Posted: 2006-05-28, 19:32
by wsz
Expug wrote:Anna Maria Jestem

It's 'Anna Maria Jopek' (and one song of hers is 'Ale jestem').

Anyway, how much are we gonna get for all those 'suggestions', all of a great value to you? :lol:

The albums by O.N.A.: Bzzzzz (1995), T.R.I.P. (1998), re-T.R.I.P. (1999), Pieprz (1999), and Mrok (2001).


Some other bands I can recommend (with albums in brackets):
- Pidżama Porno (Ulice jak stygmaty, Futurista, Zamiast burzy, Złodzieje Zapalniczek :!:, Styropian, Marchef w butonierce :!: (intentional spelling mistake - should be 'marchew'), Bułgarskie Centrum) the name might be misleading,
- Dżem (Dzień, w którym pękło niebo, Cegła, Absolutely Live, Zemsta nietoperzy, Tzw. przeboje - całkiem Live, Urodziny, Najemnik, The Band Plays On..., Dżem Session 1, Detox, The Singles, Wehikuł czasu '92, Ciśnienie, 14 urodziny, Autsajder, Akustycznie, Akustycznie - suplement, Kilka zdartych płyt, List do R. na 12 głosów, Pod wiatr, Dżem w operze cz. 1 i 2, Być albo mieć, Dżem 2004),
- Varius Manx (The beginning (1990), The new shape (1993), Emu (1994), Elf (1995), Młode wilki (1995), Ego (1996), End (1997), Nocne Graffiti (1997), Najlepsze z dobrych (2000), Eta (2001), Eno (2002), Emi (2004)),
- Blog 27 (<LOL> (2005)) :lol:,
- Sistars :!: (Siła sióstr (2003), Sistars EP (2004), A.E.I.O.U. (2005)),
- Hey (Fire (1993), Ho! (1994), Live! (1994), Heledore (minialbum, 1995), ? (1995), ? (wersja angielska, 1995), Karma (1997), Hey (1999), [sic!] (2001), Koncertowy (2003), Music Music (2003), Przystanek Woodstock 2004 (DVD, 2004), Echosystem (2005), Echosystem DVD (2006)),
- Strachy Na Lachy (Strachy Na Lachy (2003), Piła Tango (2005)),
- Sweet Noise (Respect, Getto, Ghetto, Koniec Wieku, The End Of Century, Czas Ludzi Cienia, Revolta, Revolta/ Czas Ludzi Cienia)...

Ok, this should be enough for you for a while :D


'Alicja' is a bad choice, BTW :P 'Edyta Bartosiewicz' is worth attention instead ;)

Posted: 2006-05-28, 20:18
by E}{pugnator
arti wrote:E}{pugnator, I hope you've had enough space for songs ;)


Hmm...My private account only has 28 mb left :shocked: That's why I asked you to send them to the programme's e-mail too.

Posted: 2006-05-28, 20:23
by E}{pugnator
wsz wrote:It's 'Anna Maria Jopek' (and one song of hers is 'Ale jestem').


Sorry :oops: I do have that song, so I confused creator and creature...'jestem' is a verb, right? how could I be so stupid!

Waldemar wrote:Anyway, how much are we gonna get for all those 'suggestions', all of a great value to you? :lol:


Nothing, as I won't get anything myself either. :P They're all for a radio programme at uni, it's about non-English music from all over the world (it's not just about 'world music', there's a great difference in there).

The programme is planned to go on air at the first week of June, so far we have recorded 4 weeks: Japan, Germany, Israel and Romania. The radio has an online broadcasting, which I hope to share (together with the schedule).

Now you know what's keeping me out of language learning and discussion.

Posted: 2006-05-28, 21:59
by wsz
Now you know what's keeping me out of language learning and discussion.

That's actually good, good for you, because - you know - otherwise your fingers and the keyboard might have soon been one 8)

Posted: 2006-05-29, 5:57
by Alcadras
E}{pugnator wrote:
wsz wrote:It's 'Anna Maria Jopek' (and one song of hers is 'Ale jestem').


Sorry :oops: I do have that song, so I confused creator and creature...'jestem' is a verb, right? how could I be so stupid!

Waldemar wrote:Anyway, how much are we gonna get for all those 'suggestions', all of a great value to you? :lol:


Nothing, as I won't get anything myself either. :P They're all for a radio programme at uni, it's about non-English music from all over the world (it's not just about 'world music', there's a great difference in there).

The programme is planned to go on air at the first week of June, so far we have recorded 4 weeks: Japan, Germany, Israel and Romania. The radio has an online broadcasting, which I hope to share (together with the schedule).

Now you know what's keeping me out of language learning and discussion.

anna maria jopek's song was in eurovision sog contest 1997 :P

Posted: 2006-05-29, 19:23
by wsz
Alcadras wrote:
E}{pugnator wrote:
wsz wrote:It's 'Anna Maria Jopek' (and one song of hers is 'Ale jestem').


Sorry :oops: I do have that song, so I confused creator and creature...'jestem' is a verb, right? how could I be so stupid!

anna maria jopek's song was in eurovision sog contest 1997 :P

Eh, let him alone - he repented ;)

Anyway, Expug, you really need to check Happysad, too. There was a time I was only listening to this band, it's real good :) They've made two albums so far: Wszystko jedno (2004) and Podróże z i pod prąd (2005)... For some reason, I haven't listened to the latter yet :?

Posted: 2006-05-29, 21:33
by E}{pugnator
*Expug is wondering why nobody mentioned disco polo... :roll:

Posted: 2006-05-29, 21:54
by wsz
E}{pugnator wrote:*Expug is wondering why nobody mentioned disco polo... :roll:

You're either being offensive or kidding :lol:

Posted: 2006-05-30, 7:04
by arti
E}{pugnator wrote:*Expug is wondering why nobody mentioned disco polo... :roll:

Disco polo is taboo subject :lol:

Posted: 2006-05-30, 18:57
by Lada
wsz wrote:
Some other bands I can recommend (with albums in brackets):
- Pidżama Porno (Ulice jak stygmaty, Futurista, Zamiast burzy, Złodzieje Zapalniczek :!:, Styropian, Marchef w butonierce :!: (intentional spelling mistake - should be 'marchew'), Bułgarskie Centrum) the name might be misleading,
- Dżem (Dzień, w którym pękło niebo, Cegła, Absolutely Live, Zemsta nietoperzy, Tzw. przeboje - całkiem Live, Urodziny, Najemnik, The Band Plays On..., Dżem Session 1, Detox, The Singles, Wehikuł czasu '92, Ciśnienie, 14 urodziny, Autsajder, Akustycznie, Akustycznie - suplement, Kilka zdartych płyt, List do R. na 12 głosów, Pod wiatr, Dżem w operze cz. 1 i 2, Być albo mieć, Dżem 2004),
- Varius Manx (The beginning (1990), The new shape (1993), Emu (1994), Elf (1995), Młode wilki (1995), Ego (1996), End (1997), Nocne Graffiti (1997), Najlepsze z dobrych (2000), Eta (2001), Eno (2002), Emi (2004)),
- Blog 27 (<LOL> (2005)) :lol:,
- Sistars :!: (Siła sióstr (2003), Sistars EP (2004), A.E.I.O.U. (2005)),
- Hey (Fire (1993), Ho! (1994), Live! (1994), Heledore (minialbum, 1995), ? (1995), ? (wersja angielska, 1995), Karma (1997), Hey (1999), [sic!] (2001), Koncertowy (2003), Music Music (2003), Przystanek Woodstock 2004 (DVD, 2004), Echosystem (2005), Echosystem DVD (2006)),
- Strachy Na Lachy (Strachy Na Lachy (2003), Piła Tango (2005)),
- Sweet Noise (Respect, Getto, Ghetto, Koniec Wieku, The End Of Century, Czas Ludzi Cienia, Revolta, Revolta/ Czas Ludzi Cienia)...

Waldku, i gdzie linki? How to listen to this music?

I can recommend good gothic rock:
http://www.anja.pl - dowload songs :D

Posted: 2006-05-31, 16:34
by wsz
Lada wrote:Waldku, i gdzie linki? How to listen to this music?

Unfortunately, all this music is not available for free on the Internet... You can listen to some samples, though, on on-line shops' websites, like this one with samples of the songs by Happysad from their first album.

Posted: 2006-06-02, 0:03
by Cisza
Hmm, a mnie Sistars nie spodobały się, gdy grały w Sylwestrową noc na krakowskim Rynku. Zerowa energetyka, moim zdaniem. Może na albumach, co prawda, są lepsze, nie wiem.

Posted: 2006-06-08, 19:24
by KirillzvezdaCyril
Cze!
Hi everyone, I don't talk polish yet, unfortunately^^
but by chance(I was looking for russian songs) I've found a polish song which I'm enjoying very much.
the band is "Disco polo and the tittle "Dabu di budaj" (??) if someone knows the lyrics, would he be able to translate it into english plz? (i'm soon going to upload it on a ftp)

Posted: 2006-06-10, 21:56
by Brzoza
Hello I'm too from Poland.

From some years my favorite band is KULT and another Kazik's Staszewski projects like Kazik, KNŻ or elDupa. They play rock, punk (but not americam punk like Sum41 or something like that).

On this page you could download some songs from concerts http://www.kult.art.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3256