Looking for website on language change

linguaholic

Looking for website on language change

Postby linguaholic » 2011-01-30, 15:53

Hi there,

I remember finding an article on language change in Esperanto on the internet somewhere... It was not a scientific article, just an overview of some info if I remember correctly. The page background was yellow I think (if that helps haha) and the author talked about increased use of verbs (one of the examples was "bluas" instead of "esti blua" if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure) and adverbialization (one of the examples being the ad "Kien iri Paske? - Italujen!" if I remember correctly). I don't remember the author's name and I can't seem to find the page anymore, not even by googling the example sentences. I don't even remember clearly if it was written in English or Esperanto, but I think English. Does anybody have it in their bookmarks by chance?
native: Deutsch / advanced: English, Nederlands / intermediate: Esperanto / forgotten: Français / fighting my way through: עברית מקראית / dreaming of: Čeština, עברית / admiring from a safe distance: فارسی

Mutusen

Re: Looking for website on language change

Postby Mutusen » 2011-01-30, 17:26

I think this is the article you're looking for.
„Koľko jazykov vieš, toľkokrát si človekom.“

linguaholic

Re: Looking for website on language change

Postby linguaholic » 2011-01-30, 18:02

Yay, thanks! It's not the site I had in mind (I think the article was quoted there, otherwise I'd probably have remembered it was by Piron), but it's the article I was looking for. :D
native: Deutsch / advanced: English, Nederlands / intermediate: Esperanto / forgotten: Français / fighting my way through: עברית מקראית / dreaming of: Čeština, עברית / admiring from a safe distance: فارسی

Return to “Esperanto”