Recommend me some Italian books/films?

Moderator:OldBoring

Sarabi
Recommend me some Italian books/films?

Postby Sarabi » 2016-05-07, 3:22

Per favore! I'm a beginner, but I just watched my first Italian movie the other night, called Io e Lei. With English subtitles I was able to follow the story while also recognizing a lot of words! I am picky with which books I read and movies I watch, so share whatever you want (for sake of others reading this), but for what I would read/watch:

Film:
-I like fantasy/adventure, Disney/Pixar, LGBTQ films, documentaries; sometimes straight-people romances, witty comedy, action
-I generally dislike horror :para: , stupid comedies, old films (80s or earlier), gory violence, mafia movies

Books (these would need to be not higher level than Harry Potter):
-fantasy/adventure, personal growth / self-help books, YA fiction (and probably some other genres I'm not thinking of)
-hate horror stories

I'm also down for watching movies dubbed in Italian or books translated to Italian, especially if they are set in or related to Italy, or fun and easy to understand.

Grazie in anticipo! I highly recommend Io e Lei by the way.
Philyra Games (språkspill)

B1+ (no)(fr)(es) A1-A2 (ro)(zh)(it)(sw)

Itikar

Re: Recommend me some Italian books/films?

Postby Itikar » 2016-05-30, 17:51

Try Italo Calvino's easier books: Marcovaldo, il Barone Rampante, il Cavaliere Inesistente and il Visconte Dimezzato. Also his collection of "Fiabe Italiane" is pretty nice for a beginner.

Other than that I can suggest the "fiabe sonore" on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFstI5Z ... Sj9nV38tbG

And also some comic books, in particular the Italian black & white ones published by Bonelli: Tex Willer, Dylan Dog, Martin Mystère, Dampyr, Zagor, etc.
Fletto i muscoli e sono nel vuoto!
All corrections are welcome and appreciated.

Sarabi

Re: Recommend me some Italian books/films?

Postby Sarabi » 2016-12-28, 7:27

Itikar wrote:Try Italo Calvino's easier books: Marcovaldo, il Barone Rampante, il Cavaliere Inesistente and il Visconte Dimezzato. Also his collection of "Fiabe Italiane" is pretty nice for a beginner.

Other than that I can suggest the "fiabe sonore" on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFstI5Z ... Sj9nV38tbG

And also some comic books, in particular the Italian black & white ones published by Bonelli: Tex Willer, Dylan Dog, Martin Mystère, Dampyr, Zagor, etc.

omg!! Grazie! I've read one or two of Italo Calvino's books in English, never thought of him for Italian as this was long before I started studying it. Love his writing.
Philyra Games (språkspill)

B1+ (no)(fr)(es) A1-A2 (ro)(zh)(it)(sw)

Return to “Italian (Italiano)”