little beginner quiz (essere)

Moderator:OldBoring

Sarabi
little beginner quiz (essere)

Postby Sarabi » 2016-04-19, 20:46

I miss when UniLang had a system where we could create our own practice tests.

But anyway, I am just experimenting with online quiz creators. Figured I might as well share it while I'm at it, not just for the quiz itself but also in case anyone wanted to make their own:

https://www.onlinequizcreator.com/itali ... uiz-172931

It's a timed quiz, 10 questions. I might add more.

(Currently just started learning Italian via DuoLingo but want to supplement that.)
Philyra Games (språkspill)

B1+ (no)(fr)(es) A1-A2 (ro)(zh)(it)(sw)

IpseDixit

Re: little beginner quiz (essere)

Postby IpseDixit » 2016-04-20, 0:06

It considers it as a mistake if I translate "when we were young" as quando eravamo giovani, omitting the pronoun noi, when actually that's the most normal way to say it.

Sia felice! and sei felice! can also be correct as well as sii felice!. The first one is a formal imperative, the second one an exclamation of surprise (i.e: wow, you're happy!)

In the question quando ____ giovane, you don't specify which tense you want, and without any specification it basically can be any tense you like e.g: quando sei giovane, quando sarai giovane, quando eri giovane etc etc...

hashi

Postby hashi » 2016-04-20, 0:33

IpseDixit wrote:In the question quando ____ giovane, you don't specify which tense you want, and without any specification it basically can be any tense you like e.g: quando sei giovane, quando sarai giovane, quando eri giovane etc etc...

Ahh, I wasn't crazy. I put sei for this one, but the answer was eri. When I saw that other questions had the tense specified, I thought I had just missed it. Guess not :P
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

Sarabi

Postby Sarabi » 2016-04-20, 1:16

Grazie for your feedback, haha. I thought the tense with that one would be clear if you knew the word giovane... I was wrong. I'll edit it. Also, I'm sorry, I wasn't able to put multiple answers as options using this system. I'll edit that one (eravamo) also to be the most normal option.

Also thanks for the explanation on the imperative. I'll change the answer options... haha, this is what happens when a beginner tries to make a quiz. :oops: Thanks for playing... okay, the updates have been made.

Sarabi

Postby Sarabi » 2016-04-20, 3:31

Okay, so I figured out that I can create an entire "course" using this website, so I started making one for beginner Italian. :oops: Haven't added any quizzes (yet), but I've been fooling around with it adding all kinds of stuff, so feel free to check it out:

https://www.easy-lms.com/italiano-per-p ... ourse-8669

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2016-04-20, 8:58

You're welcome Sarabi.

Sarabi wrote:Okay, so I figured out that I can create an entire "course" using this website, so I started making one for beginner Italian. :oops: Haven't added any quizzes (yet), but I've been fooling around with it adding all kinds of stuff, so feel free to check it out

In the introduction you wrote e altri, but it would be best to say e altro ancora in that case, moreover we usually say buona fortuna, not buona sorte. :)

As for the lessons, I can only see the conjugation of the present indicative of the verb "essere" and a video, I don't know if it's just me who can't find other lessons or if that's what you've done so far.

Sarabi

Postby Sarabi » 2016-04-20, 14:11

Thanks for your help, Ipse. :) I edited the intro page.

Yes, that is all I've done so far on the lessons page, but you can also click the "right" arrow to go to "quizzes" and "music." Those are all the pages I have so far. There is another lesson on the quiz page, lol... as you can see, I am experimenting with it.

Sarabi

Postby Sarabi » 2016-04-22, 15:26

Btw, I added a few things to the lessons page. There is now a chatbox. :P Wish I could embed it into the page but it doesn't allow me, so I just put a link.

http://my.cbox.ws/ItalianoChat

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2016-04-22, 19:01

Sarabi wrote:Btw, I added a few things to the lessons page. There is now a chatbox. :P Wish I could embed it into the page but it doesn't allow me, so I just put a link.

http://my.cbox.ws/ItalianoChat

*Gli italiani. No need to capitalize italiani.

I would rather say dimmi/ditemi qualcosa (in italiano) rather than parlami/parlatemi.

Sarabi

Postby Sarabi » 2016-04-22, 20:20

Thanks for your corrections (of chatbox messages). :) Dimmi qualcosa. Have only learned a little bit on plurals in Duolingo, but haven't actually studied them yet. That might be next, after I study regular verb conjugations... oh and the definite articles. :hmm:

Return to “Italian (Italiano)”