Parla con me

acardullo
Posts: 27
Joined: 2011-05-15, 18:52
Gender: male
Country: US United States (United States)

Parla con me

Postby acardullo » 2011-06-27, 2:45

Salve, sono uno studente nella Stati Uniti studio Italiano. Seguo il corso d'italiano per un mese, nel gennaio. Parlo abbastanza male, pero cerco qualche chi aiutame con grammatica e la lingua piu generale. Grazie mille e mi dispiace per il mio italiano orribile

vindalooman
Posts: 66
Joined: 2010-02-14, 20:31
Real Name: Alessandro
Gender: male
Country: IT Italy (Italia)

Re: Parla con me

Postby vindalooman » 2011-06-27, 11:49

acardullo wrote:Salve, sono uno studente nella Stati Uniti studio Italiano. Seguo il corso d'italiano per un mese, nel gennaio. Parlo abbastanza male, pero cerco qualche chi aiutame con grammatica e la lingua piu generale. Grazie mille e mi dispiace per il mio italiano orribile


Ciao, il tuo italiano non è orribile, coraggio :-)
If you are trying to improve, you've come to the right place :-)
I am trying to "rewrite" the your sentences with what I would change to make the paragraph more "natural".
I take you ***followed*** the Italian course last January, so I changed the sentence tenses accordingly

================
Salve,
sono uno studente statunitense (or "che vive negli Stati Uniti") e studio Italiano.
Ho seguito un corso di Italiano per un mese, nel gennaio scorso. Parlo abbastanza male, perciò ("and so"...if you meant "but", then you should have written "però") sto cercando qualcuno che mi aiuti con LA grammatica e la lingua più in generale.
Grazie mille e mi dispiace per il mio italiano orribile.
================
I hope this helps

VindalooMan
"It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do..."

acardullo
Posts: 27
Joined: 2011-05-15, 18:52
Gender: male
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Parla con me

Postby acardullo » 2011-06-28, 21:27

Hahah I meant giugno :oops:
I appreciate the help though, the passato prossimo I learned is much more "textbook" Italian than what you changed. What dialect do you speak?

statunitense = US?


perciò ("and so"...if you meant "but", then you should have written "però") sto cercando qualcuno che mi aiuti con LA grammatica e la lingua più in generale.

I meant però, just didn't know how to put the accent. Would ma have been more natural in that phrase, or are they just used interchangable like tra/fra?

What is the exact translation of the last phrase you wrote, from qualcuno on?
I think I wrote it as "something who can to help me with grammar and the language more general" (?)

vindalooman
Posts: 66
Joined: 2010-02-14, 20:31
Real Name: Alessandro
Gender: male
Country: IT Italy (Italia)

Re: Parla con me

Postby vindalooman » 2011-06-28, 21:45

acardullo wrote:Hahah I meant giugno :oops:
I appreciate the help though, the passato prossimo I learned is much more "textbook" Italian than what you changed. What dialect do you speak?

statunitense = US?


perciò ("and so"...if you meant "but", then you should have written "però") sto cercando qualcuno che mi aiuti con LA grammatica e la lingua più in generale.

I meant però, just didn't know how to put the accent. Would ma have been more natural in that phrase, or are they just used interchangable like tra/fra?

What is the exact translation of the last phrase you wrote, from qualcuno on?
I think I wrote it as "something who can to help me with grammar and the language more general" (?)


Hey, why do you mention dialects? my italian is not that bad :D but of course it is not text book Italian ;-)
Nevertheless, I am from Northern Italy.
I am not an Italian teacher but I have noticed that in the North of Italy, people tend to use more
"passato prossimo" (<<Ho seguito un corso di Italiano lo scorso gennaio>>) also for actions happened in the past, instead of "passato remoto" ("Seguii un corso di Italiano lo scorso gennaio>>) that probably would be more grammatically correct and that probably would be used by Italian people from South... but on this maybe some Italian teacher can help you in a better way. What I can tell you is that Italian people will understand you both ways.


Yes, Statunitense = from US

"cittadino statunitense" "US Citizen"
"studente statunitense" "Student from USA"
"bandiera statunitense" "US Flag"

"Ma" and "però" are kind of exchangeable, as far as I know
While talking with Italian people you could also hear "ma però"... but that's grammatically is an error

<<sto cercando qualcuno che mi aiuti con LA grammatica e la lingua più in generale.>>
I thought you wanted to write
<<I am looking for someone who could help me with grammar and language in general>>

If instead you meant "something", you should have used qualcosa, but
qualcosa goes with "che", not "chi", so the sentence could be
"qualcosa che mi aiuti con la grammatica etc. etc. etc."

VindalooMan
"It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do..."

acardullo
Posts: 27
Joined: 2011-05-15, 18:52
Gender: male
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Parla con me

Postby acardullo » 2011-06-30, 1:38

vindalooman wrote:Hey, why do you mention dialects? my italian is not that bad :D but of course it is not text book Italian ;-)
Nevertheless, I am from Northern Italy.
I am not an Italian teacher but I have noticed that in the North of Italy, people tend to use more
"passato prossimo" (<<Ho seguito un corso di Italiano lo scorso gennaio>>) also for actions happened in the past, instead of "passato remoto" ("Seguii un corso di Italiano lo scorso gennaio>>) that probably would be more grammatically correct and that probably would be used by Italian people from South... but on this maybe some Italian teacher can help you in a better way. What I can tell you is that Italian people will understand you both ways.


Yes, Statunitense = from US

"cittadino statunitense" "US Citizen"
"studente statunitense" "Student from USA"
"bandiera statunitense" "US Flag"

"Ma" and "però" are kind of exchangeable, as far as I know
While talking with Italian people you could also hear "ma però"... but that's grammatically is an error

<<sto cercando qualcuno che mi aiuti con LA grammatica e la lingua più in generale.>>
I thought you wanted to write
<<I am looking for someone who could help me with grammar and language in general>>

If instead you meant "something", you should have used qualcosa, but
qualcosa goes with "che", not "chi", so the sentence could be
"qualcosa che mi aiuti con la grammatica etc. etc. etc."

VindalooMan

Si, I meant to say <<I am looking for someone who could help me with grammar and language in general>>.

Hahah, I brought up the dialect because some of the phrases and syntax you used are different from what I've seen. It's good to see the differences from textbook Italian and real life Italian though.

Oggi sono andato a lavoro al nove da mezzagiorno, dopo ho guidato a scuola vicino alla casa mia. Ho studiato il linguistico al tredici e mezzo. Il classe e' poco noioso, ma oggi era l'ultima di corso per l'estate. Anche, studio la lingua d'italiano e sono avuto andare al'aula dopo il linguistico.

vindalooman
Posts: 66
Joined: 2010-02-14, 20:31
Real Name: Alessandro
Gender: male
Country: IT Italy (Italia)

Re: Parla con me

Postby vindalooman » 2011-06-30, 19:42

Some notes on what you write

acardullo wrote:Oggi sono andato a lavoro al nove da mezzagiorno, dopo ho guidato a scuola vicino alla casa mia. Ho studiato il linguistico al tredici e mezzo. Il classe e' poco noioso, ma oggi era l'ultima di corso per l'estate. Anche, studio la lingua d'italiano e sono avuto andare al'aula dopo il linguistico.


Today I have worked from 9.am to midday

"Oggi ho lavorato dalle nove a mezzogiorno"
(<<Andare al lavoro>> is more about going phisically to work)


your way to say "near my house" is correct but it sounds quite textbook.

"vicino a casa mia" or
"vicino alla mia casa"

sounds more natural (at least to my ear)
--------------------------------------
I take with <<Ho studiato il linguistico al tredici e mezzo>>
you wanna say "I've studied (italian) language until half past 13"... sorry if I am wrong

I would say

"Ho studiato lingua (Italiana) fino alle tredici e trenta/tredici e mezza"
(I guess it goes feminine because "e mezza" is short for "e mezz'ora")

--------------------------------------
Il classe ... also "classe" is feminine so it should be "la classe",
moreover I take you are meaning "today class"... and with that meaning, class is translated as
"la lezione"

--------------------------------------
<<Anche, studio la lingua d'italiano e sono avuto andare al'aula dopo il linguistico.>>
Here I lost you :) What did you try to say?

VindalooMan
"It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do..."

acardullo
Posts: 27
Joined: 2011-05-15, 18:52
Gender: male
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Parla con me

Postby acardullo » 2011-07-02, 2:22

Il classe ... also "classe" is feminine so it should be "la classe",
moreover I take you are meaning "today class"... and with that meaning, class is translated as
"la lezione"

--- I meant for the course, in general. My linguistics class is boring, is what I was trying to get at. Can la classe work for the course as a whole, or just the actually classroom (syn. l'aula?)



<<Anche, studio la lingua d'italiano e sono avuto andare al'aula dopo il linguistico.>>
Here I lost you :) What did you try to say?

--- Good question, this is a shitshow to try to read, and I wrote it:
"Also, I study Italian language and left to go to class after Lingustics (another class)"

Ho un poca problema con passato prossimo, l'imperfetto, e trapassato prossimo... (Clearly)

vindalooman
Posts: 66
Joined: 2010-02-14, 20:31
Real Name: Alessandro
Gender: male
Country: IT Italy (Italia)

Re: Parla con me

Postby vindalooman » 2011-07-10, 9:54

acardullo wrote:Il classe ... also "classe" is feminine so it should be "la classe",
moreover I take you are meaning "today class"... and with that meaning, class is translated as
"la lezione"

--- I meant for the course, in general. My linguistics class is boring, is what I was trying to get at. Can la classe work for the course as a whole, or just the actually classroom (syn. l'aula?)


The course is "il corso", "classe" in this context can mean the classroom or also the year of the scholastic course you are attending

"Che classe fai?" - "La terza"
"Which is your course year?" "The Third (year)"

Extending a bit, "classe" is also the birth year or course year, both in school than in military way
(could it be "badge" in English?)
"la classe del 99" : people enrolling armies (or school) in year 1999
"la classe del 1973": people born in 1973

acardullo wrote:--- Good question, this is a shitshow to try to read, and I wrote it:
"Also, I study Italian language and left to go to class after Lingustics (another class)"

Ho un poca problema con passato prossimo, l'imperfetto, e trapassato prossimo... (Clearly)


"Also, I study Italian language and left to go to class after Lingustics (another class)"
Tentative translation
"Io studio anche Italiano e sono uscito per andare a lezione dopo la lezione di Linguistica"

Hope this helps
:-)
VindalooMan
"It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do..."

vindalooman
Posts: 66
Joined: 2010-02-14, 20:31
Real Name: Alessandro
Gender: male
Country: IT Italy (Italia)

Re: Parla con me

Postby vindalooman » 2011-07-10, 13:18

acardullo wrote:Ho un poca problema con passato prossimo, l'imperfetto, e trapassato prossimo... (Clearly)


Forgot this... "problema" is "male", so your sentence should be

<<Ho qualche problema con il passato prossimo, l'imperfetto e il trapassato prossimo>>
<<Ho un po' di problemi con il passato prossimo, l'imperfetto e il trapassato prossimo>>

And don't worry if at the moment you have problems with those tenses, italian is quite tough about verb tenses, they need practice

VindalooMan
"It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do..."


Return to “Italian (Italiano)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest