Italian Subtitles

jujimufu

Italian Subtitles

Postby jujimufu » 2009-08-12, 20:45

Hi everyone!

I remember a while ago, I watched a film on TV and it had such an impact on me that I wrote down the title to remember it and find it. I couldn't find it back then, so I just stopped looking. However, lately I started looking again, and I managed to find it.

The film is called "Vaniglia e Cioccolato", and it is a 2004 Italian production.

The problem is that I have not been able to find this movie with English subtitles. I have been able to find it in French, Greek, Spanish and Turkish subtitles (I also found a DVD with Lithuanian and Russian subtitles), but no English subtitles.

I have also managed to find the Italian subtitles file on the internet, but my italian is nowhere near close to understanding the very poetic dialogues and letters in the movie.

I was thus wondering if there would be anyone willing to help me with the translation. It is about 4,000 words (probably less), and it's mostly simple dialogues.

If someone could help me with this, I would be very very grateful, and please feel free to ask me anything in return. I have really exhausted all my resources in trying to find this film with English subtitles, but I have been unable to - I haven't found it in DVD-rental shops, on Amazon, BlockBuster, Ebay, or anywhere else on the internet or shops. I really want to watch this film, it had such an impact on me..

Thank you very much in advance - please e-mail me at ardeth (at) gmail dot com for the subtitles file or for any more information, or if you think you can help me find this movie somewhere with english subtitles!
Last edited by jujimufu on 2009-09-16, 0:32, edited 1 time in total.

densou

Re: Italian Subtitles

Postby densou » 2009-08-12, 23:28

jujimufu wrote:The problem is that I have not been able to find this movie with English subtitles. I have been able to find it in French, Greek, Spanish and Turkish subtitles (I also found a DVD with Lithuanian and Russian subtitles), but no English subtitles.

it barely took me a minute for finding an English subtitles. Check out your PM (not sure if I could post here such URL) :)
Chi sta per morire si inventa sempre qualcosa per illudersi di essere sopravvissuto.
Here, you are all equally worthless!

Nous ne sommes rien, soyons tout: кто был ничем, тот станет всем.

jujimufu

Postby jujimufu » 2009-08-19, 18:04

Thanks for the PM - but as I said in my reply, I haven't found any working english subtitles. The only ones I can find are the PROMISE ones, which are bad bad bad english (i.e. italian translated to chinese, which is in turn translated back to english; as a result, there's phrases like "the red buddhist flower bake sun tolerates" which clearly make little to no sense).

If anyone can still help me find english subtitles that work, or help me translate my italian subtitles, I would be eternally grateful!

Thank you very much!!

darkina

Postby darkina » 2009-08-30, 10:54

It is often impossible to find English subtitles for films like this I think, whenever I've wanted to buy an Italian DVD for my English friend, I foudn myself with very very little choice of films with subtitles...
I had never even heard of this film so it was obviously just for the Italian market... (but if you are Greek and you found Greek subtitles, do you need the English ones? Well I guess you have your reasons :)).
I am tempted to offer my help but I am quite busy :( ... maybe wehn I get a moment. And anyone who translates would have to see the film to understand the dialogues better (context etc) ...
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

reAlism

Postby reAlism » 2009-12-14, 21:05

Hello! I came across this topic trying to find English subs for Vaniglia e cioccolato. Did someone eventually help you or you still don't have the subs? I really wanna watch this movie but I was unable to find subs that make sense... I also found the not working subs... thanks for the help and Happy Holidays :) :) :)

chucky

Postby chucky » 2010-08-09, 7:25

Hello,
I had this same problem, and I was about to give up when I resorted to a naughty tactic of using a BitTorrent. This is, of course, not the best way to go about these things but I have managed to find a great number of Italian movies with excellent English subtitles and it has really aided me in the process of learning Italian.

Just a thought, but you may have more success this way - use a software called Vuze and type in 'vaniglia e cioccolato' and I am sure you will find it. Like I said, it is a little bit naughty.

Good Luck!

Return to “Italian (Italiano)”