italian music

Moderator:OldBoring

culúrien
italian music

Postby culúrien » 2006-06-22, 21:56

I'm going to buy andrea bocelli's album "amore" soon and il divo's album "ancora". Who else sounds similar to either of these two?
استیسی

Soassae

Re: italian music

Postby Soassae » 2006-06-26, 15:22

celebrian23 wrote:I'm going to buy andrea bocelli's album "amore" soon and il divo's album "ancora". Who else sounds similar to either of these two?

Ciao, although Andrea Bocelli has a very beautiful and expressive voice, I do not listen to him very much... I do not know how to answer your question,sorry.

Dminor
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dminor » 2006-06-26, 22:23

I agree his voice is beautiful. He has several nice songs as well, although I'm not listening to him on a daily basis either. I know he has musical connections with Pavarotti and Zucchero, maybe that helps. :hmm:

And I have never listened to Il Divo (I thought they were Spanish..? :para: Well, that's possible of course), so I'm definitely not the one to help you out there.
काव्यशास्त्रविनोदेन कालो गच्छति धीमताम् । व्यसनेन च मूर्खाणां निद्रया कलहेन वा

darkina

Postby darkina » 2006-06-28, 20:25

It's not my kind of music but I think there's not many like that around...Maybe Pavarotti :lol: ;) Il Divo is not from Italy at all, I googled them once after seeing them mentioned on this forum and I think they're from the USA? Never heard of them in Italy...
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

kman1

Postby kman1 » 2009-06-11, 2:49

Can someone recommend some good Italian music to listen to? I think my Italian is good enough to where I can improve by reading alone. (i'm referring to fluency here and reading speed/comfort only)

I am a very active person so some music that I like 1. music that makes you dance (i.e. hip hop/breakdance music) (i’m NOT really that much into rap because of the absurd meaningless lyrics) 2. music that has A LOT of feeling and by this I mean music in which the singer really gets into and gives it their all (i.e. african american gospel) 3. music similar to 80’s/90’s love songs (i.e. earth wind and fire, luther vandross, etc.)

Hopefully you list songs that I can find on the internet and sample. Thanks! I can upload any songs of mine if you’re not familiar with any of the artists above. :)

Dminor
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dminor » 2009-06-11, 13:55

I wonder if CapaRezza falls into your first category, I don't really know the difference between hiphop and rap. :hmm: Well, he does rap, so probably this is rap. :P It's the closest I can get to helping you though, so here are some examples: Vieni a ballare in Puglia, Io diventerò qualcuno, Fuori dal tunnel...
काव्यशास्त्रविनोदेन कालो गच्छति धीमताम् । व्यसनेन च मूर्खाणां निद्रया कलहेन वा

mushroom

Postby mushroom » 2009-06-11, 15:24

I love italian music!!! You can find lots of classics from the '60s. It brings me back so many memories, because my grandma used to sing those songs.

Oldies:

Nel blu di pinto di blu (Volare)

Piove (Ciao, ciao bambina)

Ho capito che ti amo

Vedrai, vedrai

Mamma

And these are from Napule!!!

Torna a Surriento

Comme facette Mammeta

In You Tube, you can look for songs with "San Remo" as a key word. It's the music festival in Italy, and very famous.
Native:[flag]sp-ar[/flag]Fluently:[flag]en-uk[/flag]
Intermediate [flag]de[/flag]Intermediate:[flag]el[/flag]
Currently studying:[flag]it[/flag]

KingHarvest

Postby KingHarvest » 2009-06-11, 22:42

CapaRezza is largely intelligent rap, and he either never or very rarely swears.
Most men are rather stupid, and most of those who are not stupid are, consequently, rather vain.
-A.E. Housman

kman1

Postby kman1 » 2009-06-13, 17:55

mushroom wrote:I love italian music!!! You can find lots of classics from the '60s. It brings me back so many memories, because my grandma used to sing those songs.

Oldies:

Nel blu di pinto di blu (Volare)

Piove (Ciao, ciao bambina)

Ho capito che ti amo

Vedrai, vedrai

Mamma

And these are from Napule!!!

Torna a Surriento

Comme facette Mammeta

In You Tube, you can look for songs with "San Remo" as a key word. It's the music festival in Italy, and very famous.

Well, I have to admit I didn't like any of those songs. :nope: but thanks anyway though.

Vieni a ballare in Puglia - didn't like this one.
Io diventerò qualcuno & Fuori dal tunnel <- I think I'm going to put these on my iPod. not really my style but close enough i guess. :mrgreen: thanks!

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2009-06-13, 21:22

Try to enter "Italian hip-hop" or "Italian rap" in the search box on last.fm

Blondi

Postby Blondi » 2009-06-16, 10:11

per quel che riguarda la scena rap posso indicarti i "cantanti" più popolari
fabri fibra
mondo marcio

adesso va molto di moda giusy ferreri, una specie di amy winehouse de noantri (italian slang somehow meaning "in our own way")

poi sempre tra i più ascoltati abbiamo ligabue, jovanotti, biagio antonacci, negrita, tiziano ferrro, pino daniele, eros ramazzotti.

personalmente non ascolto nessuno dei suddetti.

se vuoi ascoltare cose più elaborate ti suggerirei:
subsonica, tiromancino, 99posse (però spesso cantano in napoletano) caparezza, paolo benvegnù, afterhours, marlene kuntz, daniele silvestri, pgr, sergio cammariere, gianna nannini, giorgia.

spero di avervi aiutato !

Lizzern

Postby Lizzern » 2009-06-25, 17:35

First post here - ciao a tutti... Been learning Italian for a while but I'm a little shy to practice it - mostly cause I'm worried I'll make a mistake :) Loving this forum though.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Mia Martini and Loredana Bertè? I love their stuff! To start you off, check out 'Stiamo come stiamo' from Sanremo 1993. Grandissime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ndApMeZQM
That's just one song though, I pretty much adore everything they've done.

Also a fan of Enrico Ruggeri (look for Il mare d'inverno), Ivano Fossati (J'adore Venice <-- yes the rest of the song is in Italian), Giusy (La bambola... love it :) ) but I've only just scratched the surface of Italian music, I'm sure there's a lot of good stuff I just haven't found yet...!

Liz

TokyoBaby

Postby TokyoBaby » 2009-06-29, 13:50

Ciao a tutti!
Io vi consiglio di ascoltare Fabrizio De André, Francesco Guccini e Rino Gaetano. I testi di alcune canzoni sono anche abbastanza semplici, quindi dovrebbero andare bene anche come esercizio :)
Sul genere rap, consiglio Caparezza (Il paese dei balocchi, Limiti, Vengo dalla Luna, Fuori dal tunnel..) e Articolo 31.
Da sentire anche Tiromancino (Per me è importante), Malika Ayane (Come foglie) e Elio e Le Storie Tese! :D

densou

Postby densou » 2009-07-08, 23:18

Lizzern wrote:First post here - ciao a tutti... Been learning Italian for a while but I'm a little shy to practice it - mostly cause I'm worried I'll make a mistake :) Loving this forum though.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Mia Martini and Loredana Bertè? I love their stuff! To start you off, check out 'Stiamo come stiamo' from Sanremo 1993. Grandissime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ndApMeZQM
That's just one song though, I pretty much adore everything they've done.

Also a fan of Enrico Ruggeri (look for Il mare d'inverno), Ivano Fossati (J'adore Venice <-- yes the rest of the song is in Italian), Giusy (La bambola... love it :) ) but I've only just scratched the surface of Italian music, I'm sure there's a lot of good stuff I just haven't found yet...!

Liz

:o You also frequent this board :mrgreen: (velkommen også i Unilag)

Check it out: (leggiti la lista delle canzoni)
http://www.mediashopping.it/catalogo/mu ... 4161.shtml

anyway, not really contemporary music, imo....

I'd like to renew my invite to lend you my hand on MSN :wink:

Alasdair

Postby Alasdair » 2009-07-09, 0:45

Mi piace Nek - è molto bene.

Some of his stuff is really good, but some of it can be pretty rubbish (especially his old stuff). It is very clearly sung though and his modern stuff is very similar in style to modern English Pop/Rock so can be easy to interpret.
Tha mi fileanta sa Bheurla agus cha mhòr sa Ghàidhlig. Cuideachd, tha mi ag ionnsachadh na Breatannais. Leig fios dhomh ma nì mi mearachdan! I speak Fluent English and Gaelic. I am also learning Breton. Let me know if I make mistakes!

densou

Postby densou » 2009-07-11, 16:15

Alasdair wrote:Mi piace Nek - è molto bene bravo.

check it out: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruppi_musicali_italiani

:wink:

Alasdair

Postby Alasdair » 2009-07-11, 19:29

Grazie.
Mi piace Neramaro anche - sono bravo!

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negramaro
Tha mi fileanta sa Bheurla agus cha mhòr sa Ghàidhlig. Cuideachd, tha mi ag ionnsachadh na Breatannais. Leig fios dhomh ma nì mi mearachdan! I speak Fluent English and Gaelic. I am also learning Breton. Let me know if I make mistakes!

densou

Postby densou » 2009-07-12, 23:17

[quote="Alasdair"]Grazie. Mi piacciono anche i Negramaro anche, sono bravi!

Prego :)

Return to “Italian (Italiano)”