ID ticket

Moderator: aaakknu

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

ID ticket

Postby Sol Invictus » 2009-10-18, 21:14

Hey guys, is it posible to buy ID ticket online, if I don't have Estonian bank account ? I read through https://www.pilet.ee but it seems there is more information in Estonian and I don't understand how the "direct debit" works

Arvi

Re: ID ticket

Postby Arvi » 2009-10-19, 6:39

Sol Invictus wrote:Hey guys, is it posible to buy ID ticket online, if I don't have Estonian bank account ? I read through https://www.pilet.ee but it seems there is more information in Estonian and I don't understand how the "direct debit" works

<<Internetipanga kaudu on võimalik piletit osta Swedbanki, SEB Panga, Nordea panga, Sampo Panga ja Krediidipanga klientidel.>>

You must be a client of Swedbank, SEB Bank, Nordea Bank, Sampo Bank or Krediidipank. There is nothing sayd about you having your account opened in Estonian branch of any of those banks, but I'm not sure about it.

Another way is to buy it using mobile phone - it is possible for EMT, Elisa or Tele2 clients. The payment sum will be added to your monthly phone bill.

And of-course you must have an Estonian ID-card (foreigners with valid residence permit can apply for it).

Arvi

Postby Arvi » 2009-10-19, 6:44

An afterthought - when you have an Estonian ID-card, you can ask someone who has proper bank account to buy the card for you. As much as I remember, you can change the ID-code when filling the purchase form.

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2009-10-19, 22:16

I have ID. How exactly do you pay with direct debit ? I do have account in Swedbank, but it seems their branches in different countries are not as well connected as one might expect, probably it won't work, if it requires entering Estonian Swedbank's internet bank or soething similar.

As for mobile - I am using roaming service, instead of getting permanent Estonian service (meaning that I can use any Estonian network), since I almost never use phone anyway - I tried to dial that number but I get a message that such number doesn't exist :hmm:

Arvi

Postby Arvi » 2009-10-20, 6:20

Sol Invictus wrote:I have ID. How exactly do you pay with direct debit ? I do have account in Swedbank, but it seems their branches in different countries are not as well connected as one might expect, probably it won't work, if it requires entering Estonian Swedbank's internet bank or soething similar.

As for mobile - I am using roaming service, instead of getting permanent Estonian service (meaning that I can use any Estonian network), since I almost never use phone anyway - I tried to dial that number but I get a message that such number doesn't exist :hmm:

To pay over internet you must authenticate yourself in bank (one from list I did give earlier). There are 4 different ways for it:
1. Using your ID-card (you must have a card reader, and a couple of codes);
2. Using mobile-ID (http://www.id.ee/?id=10995&&langchange=1);
3. Using a password card (you can get one from your bank in addition your debet/credit bank card);
4. Usin a pin-calculator (an electronic device you can get from your bank).

I'm not sure, but at least some of those possibilities may be available in Baltic branches of Swedbank only. You have to consult your bank office for more info.

About buying using mobile phone - I don't think roaming service will give you access to any services meant for local clients.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2009-10-20, 19:07

Sol, did they give you the card-reader at Swedbank?
They gave one for me at SEB, but I've never used it so far. I don't even know how to install the hardware because one must download a program. I did it, but there is still something else needed, but everything is written in Estonian and I didn't have patience to translate it properly. I didn't even really need it.
By the way, maybe in Tallinn there is a bigger choice, but I am very surprised how few materials there are about Latvian language in Viljandi. There are some, but compared to that Latvia is a neighbouring country... Otherwise, I love the library, there are many other good materials, regarding Latvia too. Sol, I'll write to Latvian forum!

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2009-10-23, 16:57

For the record: I sent e-mail to info@pilet.ee they told me that what I want isn't possible

Return to “Estonian (Eesti keel)”