Eesti muusika / Estonian music

Moderator:aaakknu

hashi
Eesti muusika / Estonian music

Postby hashi » 2009-05-23, 1:06

I noticed there's no thread yet for a list of links to estonian songs. Does anyone have stuff to add to the list? I'm interested in listening to some estonian music :)
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

Kristjan

Re: Estonian Music

Postby Kristjan » 2009-05-24, 20:33

Hi

I’m interested listening to estonian music too.
My favourite is Sandra Nurmsalu. You probably know her from this year’s Eurovision.
I have searched the net and found some bands:
Terminaator –rock band, videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Md461ZBQk&feature=channel_page - Keegi tahab sind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEJadc3wR-g&feature=channel_page - Tahan ärgata üles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff6qyP0sZ98 -Juulikuu lumi (my favourite from them)
Metsatöll – folk metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzusbrL46Bw -Saaremaa Vägimees
Nexus – pop band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YuBO443_qc - Nii kui nii
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qmgadn3h68&feature=related - Tormituuled

By the way, what genre of music do you like?

hashi

Postby hashi » 2009-05-26, 9:01

I like most music, but not metal, rap, hip-hop and r&b. The rest I'm pretty open to. I like bouncy stuff too, good to dance to ;)

Kristjan

Postby Kristjan » 2009-05-26, 18:23

mrhashimoto wrote:I like most music, but not metal, rap, hip-hop and r&b. The rest I'm pretty open to. I like bouncy stuff too, good to dance to ;)

I'm the opposite of you because I mostly listen to hard rock and heavy metal but can't stand rap, hip-hop and r&b. The list above is just a result of my search, maybe someone from Estonia can give us more examples.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2009-05-28, 11:55

I don't like rap/hip-hop at all, but somehow Estonian band Cool-D had a good impression in me.
Try Cool-D: Eestlased. It's on youtube, I'm lazy now.

Terminaator is very good. They are told to be a hard rock band but in my opinion they play lighter rock songs, which I like a lot.
I must check the songs Kristjan posted.
Just to add some more, try "Kőik mis ei tapa", "Portselani tüdruk", "Ebaőiglane".

And the culture-king: "Viskilaul". :)

Kristjan, te is észtül tanulsz?

Kristjan

Postby Kristjan » 2009-05-28, 14:17

Levo wrote:Kristjan, te is észtül tanulsz?

Még nem, de szeretnék. Mostanság csak a sulival foglalkozom (sok dolgozat miatt), kevés szabadidőm marad. A nyári szünidőben komolyabban belevetném magamat a nyelvtanulásba.
Bár eddig nem sok észt nyelvkönyvet láttam magyar nyelven, lehet, hogy meg kéne majd néznem a közeli könyvtárakban.
Te milyen szinten beszélsz észtül?

Levo

Postby Levo » 2009-05-28, 21:42

Kristjan wrote:

Még nem, de szeretnék. Mostanság csak a sulival foglalkozom (sok dolgozat miatt), kevés szabadidőm marad. A nyári szünidőben komolyabban belevetném magamat a nyelvtanulásba.
Bár eddig nem sok észt nyelvkönyvet láttam magyar nyelven, lehet, hogy meg kéne majd néznem a közeli könyvtárakban.

Ezt-azt megértek a TV-ből, rádióból, írásban már azért többet is. Mondjuk már hónapok óta nem foglalkoztam az észttel sajna, beszélni nem is merek sokat.
Van Anu Kippastónak egy nagyon jó nyelvkönyve magyarul, kék színű és Tallinn óvárosának sziluettje van rajta, az nagyon jó könyv! Hova valósi vagy? Egyetemi könyvtárakban biztosan van.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2009-05-29, 0:50

Levo wrote:
Kristjan wrote:

Ezt-azt megértek a TV-ből, rádióból, írásban már azért többet is. Mondjuk már hónapok óta nem foglalkoztam az észttel sajna, beszélni nem is merek sokat.
Van Anu Kippastónak egy nagyon jó nyelvkönyve magyarul, kék színű és Tallinn óvárosának sziluettje van rajta, az nagyon jó könyv! Hova valósi vagy? Egyetemi könyvtárakban biztosan van.

Yea, totally agree :roll:

Kristjan

Postby Kristjan » 2009-05-29, 15:43

Levo wrote:
Kristjan wrote:

Köszi az infót, majd rákeresek a könyvre. Budapesti vagyok.

JackFrost

Postby JackFrost » 2009-05-30, 2:59

Dudes, speak some English so that our dear Jayden, the topic starter, understand all of that Hungarian in an Estonian thread.
Neferuj paħujkij!

Kristjan

Postby Kristjan » 2009-05-30, 7:41

mrhashimoto wrote:Yea, totally agree :roll:

I'm awfully sorry. :oops: We were talking about learning Estonian. I'm interested in learning the eesti keelt, maybe this summer I can begin this. Levo gave me some tips( a book's title, and make a search in the library) on learning the language, because he is more experienced in language learning than I am.
My apologies for keeping you waiting for a translation.

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2009-05-30, 15:40

Kristjan wrote: ...I'm interested in learning the eesti keelt...

I just notice it doesn't work like Hungarian accusative, it's partitive or genitive or nominative, which is a case in Estonian (or in other Finnic languages) in which even natives make mistakes sometimes :mrgreen:

Kristjan

Postby Kristjan » 2009-05-30, 16:43

Loiks wrote:
Kristjan wrote: ...I'm interested in learning the eesti keelt...

I just notice it doesn't work like Hungarian accusative, it's partitive or genitive or nominative, which is a case in Estonian (or in other Finnic languages) in which even natives make mistakes sometimes :mrgreen:

Didn't know that. Well, my Estonian 'knowledge' is so small, I've just seen some phrases. :D
How do you say 'I'm going to learn Estonian this summer' in Estonian? I've read somewhere that Estonian has no future tense, it is expressed with the present tense.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2009-05-30, 18:59

Jayden, Palun vabadust! (EE)
I'm sorry. You know, the fever of learning Estonian... :)

Kristjan, if you would fail (which I hope you won't), and will need help in understanding fully the use of partitive and the accusative/genetive and nominative instead of the continuos accusative in Hungarian, I will happily help you in understanding it.
I had idea about it before and knew the main rules, but got to understand it fully only after an Estonian girl I know explained it to me, who speaks Hungarian very well.

Kristjan

Postby Kristjan » 2009-05-31, 8:20

Levo wrote:Jayden, Palun vabadust! (EE)

Kristjan, if you would fail (which I hope you won't), and will need help in understanding fully the use of partitive and the accusative/genetive and nominative instead of the continuos accusative in Hungarian, I will happily help you in understanding it.
I had idea about it before and knew the main rules, but got to understand it fully only after an Estonian girl I know explained it to me, who speaks Hungarian very well.

Thank You for your help. :) Suur tänu. I will ask if I have a problem. I haven't got enough time to learn nowadays because of the school. I'm going to start learning in the summer break. Till then I will listen to some Estonian in the radio.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2009-05-31, 8:48

Kristjan wrote:

Thank You for your help. :) Suur tänu. I will ask if I have a problem. I haven't got enough time to learn nowadays because of the school. I'm going to start learning in the during summer break. Till then I will listen to some Estonian in on the radio.

:D

Kristjan

Postby Kristjan » 2009-05-31, 9:54

mrhashimoto wrote:
Kristjan wrote:

Thank You for your help. :) Suur tänu. I will ask if I have a problem. I haven't got enough time to learn nowadays because of the school. I'm going to start learning in the during summer break. Till then I will listen to some Estonian in on the radio.

:D

Thank you for your correction. :D You are better than my English teacher. She sometimes doesn't correct my mistakes. I think you can learn from your errors.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2009-05-31, 21:13

Kristjan wrote:

Thank You for your help. :) Suur tänu. I will ask if I have a problem. I haven't got enough time to learn nowadays because of the school. I'm going to start learning in the summer break. Till then I will listen to some Estonian in the radio.

:) Right now I don't have time either. I meant later, when you'll be at that part.

Kristjan

Postby Kristjan » 2009-06-01, 20:08

Levo wrote:
Kristjan wrote:

:) Right now I don't have time either. I meant later, when you'll be at that part.

Ok, I see.

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2009-06-05, 18:05

to Kristjan: "Im going to learn Estonian this summer" would be:

Ma kavatsen sel suvel eesti keelt õppida. (partitive)

Ma õpin sel suvel eesti keele ära. (I learn Estonian this summer [and it's learned then, (megtanul?)], genitive)

Õpi eesti keel ära! (Learn Estonian! nominative)

Return to “Estonian (Eesti keel)”