living in Estonia

Moderator: aaakknu

vaikehiireke

living in Estonia

Postby vaikehiireke » 2007-01-14, 16:44

Tere!

I just found this forum and I think it's a great idea. I read through all topics this weekend and found a lot of interesting information.

My Estonian is not very good at the moment. :-( Well I have to learn for my exams... :-( I am going to go to Estonia for about a year. I will do one internship in Tartu and another in Tallinn an then I will go on to study one semester in Tallinn. I think I will have great time. I just hope that I will get a chance to improve my Estonian as I really love this languages.

Do you have any ideas for living in Estonia?

Angelika

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2007-01-14, 18:15

Hi, Angelika,

ideas for living in Estonia? Hmm, in what sense, do you mean finding accommodation? Or what to do here?

vaikehiireke

Postby vaikehiireke » 2007-01-14, 18:59

Loiks wrote:Hi, Angelika,

ideas for living in Estonia? Hmm, in what sense, do you mean finding accommodation? Or what to do here?

Well both things... I will live at my "chief"'s place for my first intership. But I don't have a place to stay for my time in Tallinn. I am in contact with the TTU but they do have problems with accomodations expecially for foreign students. I would love to live there because this way you will get help if needed and could get in contact with the other student. But on the other hand I would be able to improve my English and Estonian if I would stay in a room with other Estonian students... I am unsure. I do have some fear to go into a flat share. I have time until May but I would feel better if I'd had any idea what to do...

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2007-01-14, 20:12

Maybe you should try University of Tallinn dormitories also, although I'm not sure if they take students of other university and it's located at the other end of the city basically and the traffic is getting worse and worse all the time. I would think it's the TTU's duty to find you a place though. Finding a private appartement would be tricky.

Return to “Estonian (Eesti keel)”