The course of Estonian

Moderator: aaakknu

komkomer-poland

The course of Estonian

Postby komkomer-poland » 2006-10-26, 8:56

Tere!
What are you thinking about a course of Estonian. Can you write it? I speak to Estonian who speak English and Estonian.

Bye,
Robert from Poland

maxcrylov

Postby maxcrylov » 2006-11-17, 18:22

Hi there!

I believe something's got to be done about the fact that there's no Estonian course in here... Or I haven't noticed one so far...
Indeed, the language is something special, I don't believe that there are too few people willing to get some basis... Or even more.

However, I don't know if our Estonian friends have enough time. Better to ask them.

Personally, I can't say a word in Estonian. The resources are too scarce. But I want to...
If you really want to hear about it...

maxcrylov.livejournal.com

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-11-19, 21:22

Gentlemen, I (as the most active aboriginal here) should do it. But there is a bad mixture of lack of time, lazyness and incompentency included. I thought about 'translating' something from the Finns, but let me think about it. There are things that are too difficult to explain without being a professional teacher. If I started with pronounciation, the three lenth degrees are a challenge for every foreigner, I've understood, then there is also palatalisation that is not shown in spelling, the half-voiced b, d, g, s, ž... It is difficult to explain all the irregularities, the ragularity of Estonian would be irregularity :).

But if you are really interested, I'll start to think about some kind of course. But tell me exactly what do you want to know, or how should such a course be built up.

Anyway, at your service,

LL

maxcrylov

Postby maxcrylov » 2006-11-20, 12:50

Lauri, being the most active aboriginal means a lot of responsibility as I see :)
So finally our provocation succeeded :) We said about "Estonian friends" but we really meant you.

Well, I must say, I'm nothing in Estonian. But I'll try to do my best to help since being one of the few Russians interested in Estonian also means a lot of responsibility. If we're up to making a course we have to make it one of the best and most interesting around. I'll contribute. Who else?
Probably not just lessons but something interactive as well (country information, mp3s, pics etc.) *having all this written I've got only one question: where the hell we'll get the time from for such a project? but, nevermind :D *

Probably it's worth launching a poll to find out how much people are eager to follow, not just to remain spectators. Your ideas?
If you really want to hear about it...

maxcrylov.livejournal.com

Rob P

Postby Rob P » 2006-11-21, 0:34

I've been spectating here for a bit, and I'd really like to follow an Estonian course were there to be one :)

Rob

apkiautėlis

Postby apkiautėlis » 2006-12-28, 14:57

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-12-28, 17:45

apkiautėlis wrote:Siin on väga hea kursus:

http://www.lutonia.org/courses/3101/3101index.html

Lugesin läbi. Tundub tõesti väga hea olevat :). Ainult mõned trükivead ja III väldet ei märgita eriti järjekindlalt.

I read it through. Seems really very good :). Only some typoes and the III grade is not marked very consistently.

Return to “Estonian (Eesti keel)”