Estonya.net

Moderator: aaakknu

Alcadras

Estonya.net

Postby Alcadras » 2006-09-19, 13:07

www.estonya.net

This is a Turkish website, Estonian platform. It is interesting to see a website about Estonia in Turkish. At least, this was my first impression. The site has got full of informations about Estonia. There are lots of Turkish people who had been in there and still live in Estonia with their wives. The site has got news,dictionaries,informations about Estonia.

and here it's forum

http://www.estonya.net/phpbb2/

the forum section has 4 language options.
russian,estonian,english and turkish.

it would be nice to see Estonian people in this forum. I think there are 2 or 3 estonian.

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-09-19, 16:06

Very nice (although I don't understand very much :)).

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-09-19, 16:07

Yes, but forum section has got Estonian Corner. :lol:

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-09-30, 10:23

Alcadras, would you be so kind and translate me this: Dünya Bankası Estonya ve Türkiye Verilerinin Karşılaştırılması? I mean not only the sentence but all the table?

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-09-30, 16:26

Okay, I found the exact page.

Dünya Bankası Estonya ve Türkiye Verilerinin Karşılaştırılması: The Comparision of World Bank about Estonia and Turkey

Nüfus (Milyon): Population (Million)
Yoksulluk (Günlük Geliri $1 Altı, Nüfusa Göre Oranı, %): Poverty (Daily Income under 1$, Rate according to population %)
Yetişkinlerde Okur-Yazarlık Oranı (15 Yaş ve Üstü, %): Literacy rate of major (Age of 15 and more than,%)
Kent Nüfusu (Toplam Nüfusa Göre Oranı, %): City Population (Rate, according to the total population %)
Kişi Başına Düşen Gelir (Atlas Metodu İle, $): Income of a person (With atlas method, %)
Kişi Başına Düşen Gelir: Income of a person (PPP, %)
Ekonomik Büyüme (1990-1995 ve 1995-2002, %): Economical Increasing
ArGe'de Çalışan Bilim Adamı ve Mühendis (1 Milyon Kişide): Number of scientists and engineers,working in ArGe*. (Over 1 million people)
ArGe'ye Ayrılan Bütçe'nin GDP'ye Oranı (%): ArGe budget's rate of GDP.
1000 Kişiye Düşen Telefon Hattı Sayısı: The number of phone line over 1000 people.
1000 Kişiye Cep Telefonu Sayısı: The number of mobile phone,over 1000 people.
Abone Başı Ortalama Yurtdışını Arama Süresi (Dakika): The avarage time of calling abroad per subscriber (minute)
Günlük Gazete Okuma Sayısı (1000 Kişide): The number of reading newspaper (Over 1000 people)
1000 Kişiye Düşen Radyo Sayısı: Having the radio rate (over 1000 people)
1000 Kişiye Düşen Televizyon Sayısı: Having the TV rate (over 1000 people)
1000 Kişiye Düşen Bilgisayar Sayısı: Having computer rate (over 1000 people)

*Do you know what ArGe is? Or i'll need to explain.

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-10-01, 11:00

Thanks a lot, but yes, I don't know what ArGe is...

Then again, I guess as Turkey is an enormously big country to my standards those average numbers don't tell anything to me. Is it possible to compare some rich residential areas of big cities like Istanbul or Ankara and rural areas of Eastern Turkey? Even in Estonia the numbers are very different in Tallinn compared to rural areas or Russian speaking anti-Estonian north-east.

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-10-01, 11:07

ArGe is the abbreviation of "Araştırma - Geliştirme" (Research - Development)

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-10-01, 11:09

Thanks again, how could I possibly must have known that? :)

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-10-01, 11:19

:lol: Btw, feel free to ask more translations if you want.

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-10-01, 11:23

well, I've signed in and doing some research in this site :wink:

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-10-01, 14:27

Do you say Cumhurbaş for president? It remembers me the president of Türkmenistan who calls himself Türkmenbaş :).

Maybe I should move to the Turkish forum with this question but, well, whatever...

How much do you personally, for instance, understand languages like Azərbaycanca (is it correct?), Turkmen, Uzbek, Kazakh, Tatar, Chuvash, Bashkir, Yakut, Uigur? I've heard from somewhere that a Turk and a Yakut are able to communicate with each other in their mother tongues. Am I wrong?

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-10-01, 15:02

Cumhurbaşkanı - president
:wink:

Ömm, (I think) All Turkish people can understand %80-90 of Azerbaycanca/Azerice but I can't say the others for Turkmen, Uzbek, Kazakh, Tatar, Chuvash, Bashkir, Yakut.....

Turkish people can understand some words or sentences (not high possibility) of Turkmen or Uzbek. But the others are completely different. :wink:

No, a Turk can not communivate with Yakut, Turks can not understand even a word in Yakut. :lol:

For example:

Haydah oloroğut (Yakut,How are you? /formal) - Nasılsınız? (Turkish)
En olus türgennik sanarağın (Yakut, you're speaking too fast) - Sen çok hızlı konuşuyorsun. (Turkish)
http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakut%C3%A7a

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-10-01, 16:21

So would you describe Turkish - Yakut relations as Estonian/Finnish - Khanty/Mansi for instance?

And as I understand the Azeris are the closest relatives, aren't they? And were the Tatars of Crimea close to the Turkish by language?

There is actually a quite big Tatar diaspora in Estonia too, even in my street there are some of them :). Unfortunately they have been Russianized (as other Turkic nations living here). If you mention a word Azeri the first thing you have in mind is crime. The Tatars, however, have lived here already for hundred years and have done it silently, not disturbing anyone. The language at home has been Tatar, in mosque Arabic, at the market Russian and with Estonians Estonian.

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-10-01, 16:28

Loiks wrote:So would you describe Turkish - Yakut relations as Estonian/Finnish - Khanty/Mansi for instance?

Can't Estonians or Finns understand each others? I mean, of course. If so, Turkish and Yakut aren't related with each others.

Loiks wrote:And as I understand the Azeris are the closest relatives, aren't they? And were the Tatars of Crimea close to the Turkish by language?

Yes, Azeris are the closest. As i said above, every Turkish people can understand most of it except for foreign words.
Tatar has one of the closest grammatical structure but still that doesn't make it understandable for us, Turkish people.
But, it's the fact that Turkish people can not communicate with Tatars even we can't understand them. Look at here for Tatar grammar.
http://tugan-tel.at.tt/meqele/dilbilgisi

Loiks

Postby Loiks » 2006-10-01, 18:35

The distinction between Estonian and Finnish is also based on vocabulary mostly, grammar is very same with some exceptions, of course there is this loss of vocals in Estonian (Veps and Livonian) that makes all the words shorter. Well, see my translations :D.

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-10-01, 18:41

Livonian is similar with Latvian and Estonian. I had this impression at the first sight of ortography. It's between Latvian and Estonian.
Lol, this thread becamse multi-lingual mixing languages (Turkish,other turkic languages, baltic...)
Any questions would you like to know? Any translations? Feel free! Don't be shy! And btw, do not forget to take photos in Vilnius. Do I have to say it in Lithuanian forum btw? :lol:

Metsatöll

Postby Metsatöll » 2006-10-03, 17:48

Hello all,

I am really so suprised that people speak about estonya.net here.

Two years ago, i have visited estonia and i recognized that people here don't know about estonia so much, so i decided to create a website to tell estonia to Turks.

For the begining, i made the site for both for english and turkish. but i didn't have a lot of time so i decide to make it only in turkish language.

I think, the most useful part of the site is the vocabulary. I plan to enlange it, maybe people here will help me to do that.

And the "turkic" people topic. As i know, we Turks in Turkey are Oghuz. Gagauz people in Ukraine and Moldova, Turkmens and Azeris almost speak the same language. And the languages Jakut and Chuvash are the most distance dialects of Turkic languages.

Interestingly, turkic and finnic people don't away from each others. Tatar and Azeri people in Estonia are some examples. Also Turkic countries like Tatarstan, Bashkir and Chuvash are so close, or even inside of the finnic states like Mari El or Urtmurtia.

Actually, i don't think that finnic and turkic people are related but at least, our languages have similar structure and sounds. While making the dictionary, i have even seen some words are similar.

Ole, Ol, To Be
Mina, Ben (Men in azeri), I
Sina, Sen, You
Unustama, Unutmak, To Forget
Kõhr (Kıhr), Kıkırdak (Kõkõrdak), Cartilage
-Ma, -Mek -Mak, infinive form

And there can be some more similar words too. Maybe these are just chance event or maybe we borrowed some words from each others's languages in anciemnt times : )

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-10-03, 18:06

Metsätöll, I've been visiting estonya.net for two years but did register 2 or 3 days ago.

Foruma da inşallah bir katkım bulunabilir aslında Fince ile ilgili topic de olsa iyi olur çünkü orta düzeyde bir Fincem var. :wink:

Valla burda tanıtayım dedim estonyalı arkadaşlara, foruma gelip katkıda bulunurlar, yardım ederler diye bilmem iyi yapmışmıyım. :lol:

Metsatöll

Postby Metsatöll » 2006-10-03, 20:44

:) Alcadras, thanks a lot... I even didn't know that there are turks in Turkey who can speak finnish language.

Once, i have meet with a girl from northern finland, she was sami. While talking with her, i have seen that the words in Estonian and Finnish are really so similar. But estonian language seems more simple and more modern. Finnish is something like Ottoman langauge :D

By the way, on the following link, there are the list of numbers of asian langauges, it simply shows the distance between the langauges:

http://www.zompist.com/asia.htm

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-10-03, 20:49

Estonian words are shorter version of Finnish. :lol:

Return to “Estonian (Eesti keel)”