Can someone describe the difference between Modern Greek, Koine Greek and Classical Greek?

Moderator:Dark_Horse

Peadar
Can someone describe the difference between Modern Greek, Koine Greek and Classical Greek?

Postby Peadar » 2016-10-31, 19:23

I am a freshman in greek language, I want to learn the greek language partly because of the attractiveness of the ancient greek culture(Imagiging that you're reading Plato's work in toga) or sometimes the Byzantine Empire and Aegean sea just comes to my mind.

I will read ancient greek works and Newtestment greek bible, in the future, maybe I'll go to Greece and stay for a while.
I know that the ancient greek and koine is harder than the modern one, but I think that if I can master the modern greek first, it would be easier to step on to the classical or koine, right?

However, somebody told me that I should learn classical or koine first, then modern, cause they are harder.
I think it would be easier for me to make a decision if I know their difference between each other

Is there somebody here masters all three kinds of greek or at least two of'em who can give me some advice?

Return to “Greek (Ελληνικά)”