Greek podcasts

Moderator: Dark_Horse

md0

Re: Greek podcasts

Postby md0 » 2013-10-15, 17:55

I believe podcasting didn't really catch up in Greece (or Cyprus). I remember 5 years ago some bloggers having their weekly podcast as a side-project, but it ended around there.

Your best bet would be looking for recorded radio shows (which are podcasts in a way).
One I listen to is MyCy Radio's "Usus Norma Loquendi" which is produced by Armostis, a Greek Cypriot linguist, and he has other linguists as guests, discussing their research in layperson's terms.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)Elementary Finnish (fi)
For fun: Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)

md0

Re: Greek podcasts

Postby md0 » 2013-10-15, 18:19

I think very few audiobooks exist in the Greek market. You should see if you can find anything on ianos.gr, a bookstore chain with an eshop, or by googling the websites of individual publishing companies.

Yes, the podcast is in Greece. MYCY itself is a multilingual radio hence the English-language website, but the specific show is in Greek.

----
Googling lead me to this http://dialogosmedia.org/?page_id=74
Apparently a US-based Greek webradio (with podcasts both in Greek and English), and with a focus on politics.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)Elementary Finnish (fi)
For fun: Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)

Return to “Greek (Ελληνικά)”