Translation requests / 翻译请求 / 翻譯請求

Moderator:OldBoring

OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator
Re: Could someone please translate this for me?

Postby OldBoring » 2015-12-17, 15:00

Don't you realize that the pic is too blur? I can only read 50% of it.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Could someone please translate this for me?

Postby vijayjohn » 2016-02-20, 21:22

It's also too crumpled up.

Rostam

Translation requests / 翻译请求 / 翻譯請求

Postby Rostam » 2016-07-09, 13:24

Hello everybody,

I just found this site and would really appreciate if you could help me with the translation for the website of my new business. I am starting a brand consulting agency and since my potential target group are mainly brands and services around the world, I'd like to appeal to then in their own language.

Sadly I do not speak any form of chinese, so I hope you would translate this for me honestly and in "business language". For chinese I'd appreciate if you could give me translation in standard mandarin and cantonese.

Many thanks in advance to everybody!

To be translated:
Welcome to ......., professional Agency for consulting and business development.

We are specialized in advertising, promoting and marketing new and excisting products or services througout Germany and Europe.

With our well-educated team of experts in finance, marketing, new-media and design we are able to provide the best solution for your purpose.

Our worldwide cooperation partners and analysts in China, UAE, Iran, Australia and USA continuosly keep us up to date with new trends in product-design, service-shaping and marketing-strategies, which we wisely select to develop suitable concepts for our clients.

AlexJ

Re: Translation requests / 翻译请求 / 翻譯請求

Postby AlexJ » 2016-08-05, 8:25

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any members can help me out? I'm a British guy living in London, UK. I lost my mother to cancer recently and I want to get some tatoo's on my arm in memory of her. I've always loved the Chinese language in it's appearance. I'm looking to get some words in Chinese on my arms. These will be words that mean a lot to me in relation to my mother. One of the words will be "forgiveness" and I am working on the other words. Would anyone fluent in Chinese be willing to help me ensure I get the right translations for the English words I identify. I appreciate some of the words I choose may not have a direct translation in Chinese. In this event, I will be looking for the "best fit" in Chinese. Does not need to be a perfect translation. This is a big decision for me to take as I have never had a tatoo and I want to get it right.

Alex 

schnaz

Postby schnaz » 2017-01-02, 5:09

Thanks for corrections on the following:

固然 她 住 在 大阪。
不 她 从 住 在 大阪。

Gu4ran2 ta1 zhu4 zai4 Da4Ban3.
Bu4, ta1 cong2 zhu4 zai4 Da4Ban3.

It's true, she lived in Osaka.
No, she never lived in Osaka.

Schnahz
Please visit me at: Soundcloud john viarengo
"" Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy."
https://youtu.be/4v8KEbQA8kw?si=3AnYFcwkGOzbsBqj

OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator

Postby OldBoring » 2017-01-06, 6:03

Hi schnaz!

I would say:

是的,她曾在大阪住过
不对,她从来没在大阪住过

It may depend on the context and how the question was posed.

I think I've already corrected you in the past, but 固然 is a formal word and is not used in this way.
固然 implies that one statement is true, but… it's followed by a ‘but’. Or that you confirm that statement, but negate another one.

For example you could say:

她固然曾在大阪住过,但是她从来没吃过大阪烧。

Yes, it's true that she lived in Osaka, but she has never eaten okonomiyaki.

(Context: since okonomiyaki is a typical dish of Osaka, the other person thought that because she lived in Osaka, she must have had it.)

And in Chinese you don't put spaces between words.

schnaz

Postby schnaz » 2017-01-24, 0:15

谢谢老无聊,你说得对.你已经改正我对于固然了
我不会再忘记.

Thanks Old Boring. You are right. You have already corrected me regarding Gu4ran2. I won't forget again.
Schnaz :mrgreen:

schnaz

Postby schnaz » 2017-02-13, 7:41

You2 yu2 wo3 shang4 le nian2 sui4 de ren2 ,ni3 ying1gai1 gei3 wo3 kai1 men2.

Since I am a senior you should hold the door for me.

由于我上了年岁的人你 应该 給我开门。

Bingo ?

OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator

Postby OldBoring » 2017-05-15, 20:46

由于我是上了年岁的人,你应该给我扶门。
or:
由于我上了年岁,你应该给我扶门。

Hold the door is 扶门.
开门 is open the door.

lingoman

Re: Short translation

Postby lingoman » 2017-05-19, 4:29

yggdrasil wrote:Hello, everyone!

I need your help with the translation of the following sentence:

凡事随缘皆有运

I would translate it this way:

If one will follow his destiny, he'll always be fotunate.

What do you think?

I would suggest the translation another way:

Everyone has his/her destiny, so just follow your heart and let things be...

"随缘" actually means "Take it naturally and don't pursuit it too hard".

Lim yung sen

Postby Lim yung sen » 2017-12-06, 6:05

Can anyone help me with this translation
5 dec
Enjoy a relaxing day on the beautiful Koh Tao & Koh Nangyuan on our one day snorkel tour.

6 December
A trip to remember in our life time on Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.Tour includes hotel transfers, predeparture snack,
7 December
Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell about our beautiful islands, Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
8 December
The best feeling in the world is when you travel with someone you love on our one day snorkel tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
9 December
Join our one day trip snorkeling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan, it will leave you sweet memories to share.
10 December
A breath taking journey on our one day snorkeling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
11 December
Book our one day snorkeling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan, buy swimsuit and never look back.
12 December
Don't let your holiday dream just be a dream. Book our one day trip snorkeling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
13 December
The world's finest wilderness lies beneath the waves. Join our one day snorkeling trip to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
14 December
Once a year, go to some places that you've never seen before. Join our one day snorkeling trip to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
15 December
Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets, join our one day snorkeling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
16 December
Don’t listen to what they say, come and see our beautiful Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
17 December
Life is an adventure. Join our one day snorkeling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
18 December
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. Join our one day snorkeling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
19 December
Life goes along much better when you travel. Join our one day snorkeling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan.
20 December
Traveling together with someone you love by join our one day snorkeling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan .
Xie xie Ta jia, really need your help

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2017-12-06, 14:24

If this is for a commercial site, the most ethical thing to do would be to pay someone for this work.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

atalarikt

Postby atalarikt » 2018-02-12, 9:14

I guess this would be too much for a translation request, but asking won't hurt, right?
https://web.alcd.tw/classroom/
So this non-profit Taiwanese website offers 9-level Aboriginal Languages textbooks.
However, while English is one of the language options, it only applies to the menu and some other things. All the selections and lessons for the learning aren't in English, which is a turn-down for me.
وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِلْعَالِمِينَ۝
"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge." (Ar-Rum: 22)

Jika saya salah, mohon diperbaiki. If I make some mistake(s), please correct me.
Forever indebted to Robert A. Blust for his contributions to Austronesian linguistics

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-02-12, 14:27

Oh. My. Gawd.

That is so awesome!
If noöne else offers to translate anything, I wouldn't mind doing it as I learn some Mandarin. I'm not sure when that will be, but hopefully no later then next year sometime.

atalarikt

Postby atalarikt » 2018-02-12, 14:29

księżycowy wrote:Oh. My. Gawd.

That is so awesome!
If noöne else offers to translate anything, I wouldn't mind doing it as I learn some Mandarin. I'm not sure when that will be, but hopefully no later then next year sometime.

If you're translating it, don't forget to share the result(s) to the Formosan languages thread :wink:
وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِلْعَالِمِينَ۝
"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge." (Ar-Rum: 22)

Jika saya salah, mohon diperbaiki. If I make some mistake(s), please correct me.
Forever indebted to Robert A. Blust for his contributions to Austronesian linguistics

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-02-12, 14:32

Well of course! :)

And, provided we get a forum of some sort, we can make a specific thread of lessons! But letś not get ahead of ourselves. :P

atalarikt

Postby atalarikt » 2018-02-28, 4:04

https://alcd-con.tw/alr/
Anybody know what this site is all about? I do know it has something to do with Taiwanese Aboriginal languages, but looking up the site, I am very much lost. Doesn't help that it does not have alternative (English) interface.

atalarikt

Postby atalarikt » 2018-03-06, 22:07

https://youtu.be/xHnx9oYzY0U
So this is a Paiwan song with Chinese translation written in the video. Part of the Chinese translation is also in the YouTube video description, but some are still different.
I'd like to have the hanzi from the video written and translated.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2018-04-04, 4:38

Do you want someone to help translate part of the chinese lyrics into English? If so, I will try my best. But could you please write out or point out for me which lyrics do you need help? By the way, I know nothing about the 排灣族 language.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2018-04-04, 4:43

atalarikt wrote:https://alcd-con.tw/alr/
Anybody know what this site is all about? I do know it has something to do with Taiwanese Aboriginal languages, but looking up the site, I am very much lost. Doesn't help that it does not have alternative (English) interface.

大概是不同的原住民用各自的母語朗讀文章。如果你有興趣學習臺灣原住民的語言,或許對你有點幫助。不過我不確定適合不適合初學者。

Return to “Chinese (中文)”