Questions about Chinese / 关于中文的问题 / 關於中文的問題

Moderator: OldBoring

OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Questions about Chinese / 关于中文的问题 / 關於中文的問題

Postby OldBoring » 2018-11-11, 7:32

No idea on how to do it.
All your questions are how to do something. But this is life. You can't have a tutorial on anything. If you want to do something, study, try to practise, fail, make mistakes, try another way, and learn from your mistakes. That's how you learn.
Everyone is different, has a different kind of memory and learns differently. Like in your example, ruokakauppa (food store) wouldn't stick for me.

SomehowGeekyPolyglot

Postby SomehowGeekyPolyglot » 2018-11-11, 8:19

OldBoring wrote:No idea on how to do it.
All your questions are how to do something. But this is life. You can't have a tutorial on anything.

I fully agree that it isn't possible to have a tutorial on everything.

And as for practice and so on, well, this is what I actually am doing with the languages I am learning :). It's just that sometimes, asking a question like the one I asked about Chinese tonality, or any other question of that kind, did provide some additionally useful output. I never intend these questions of mine to be something replacing anything that I am able to do myself, but sometimes they can be something supplementary.

There is a recent example, and I do like to double-emphasize and even triple-emphasize that I am only mentioning it for the purpose of explaining something. When I asked a certain question in the Czech-related thread, the result was some output helping myself to connect some more dots and to realize that Czech, Polish and others, were (once again) easier than I thought.

This would be the link to both of someone else's reply and my follow-up:

https://forum.unilang.org/viewtopic.php?p=1124055#p1124061

SomehowGeekyPolyglot

Postby SomehowGeekyPolyglot » 2018-11-12, 9:44

Do small Chinese kids mix up words that are the same, other than having a different tonality (like the different ways of saying "ma"), just like other kids mix up similar sounding words in English, for example?

Return to “Chinese (中文)”