Organisation of corona tests

This forum is the place to have more serious discussions about politics and religion, and your opinions thereof. Be courteous!

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Forum rules
When a registered user insults another person (user or not), nation, political group or religious group, s/he will be deprived of her/his permission to post in the forum. That user has the right to re-register one week after s/he has lost the permission. Further violations will result in longer prohibitions.

By default, you are automatically registered to post in this forum. However, users cannot post in the politics forum during the first week after registration. Users can also not make their very first post in the politics forum.
Hoogstwaarschijnlijk
Organisation of corona tests

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2020-08-12, 14:06

I'm a bit frustrated about how the corona tests are organised in the Netherlands so I wonder what it's like in other countries.

Here since today you can use an online website, which is better than how it was, because first you could only call them. And from my experience then they give you the choice between waiting for 3 days to get a corona test in a town nearby, or you have to drive for 30 minutes the next day. We just logged in on the website to see the situation new and it appears to be even worse, now you need to drive 45 minutes, which is basically to the other end of the country. I understand that in some countries distances are a bit different, but there is corona testing point in the city where I live! But apparently it's a busy one, I don't know. And then you have had the test, and you need to be in quarantaine until they call you. They need to do this within 48 hours but I had to wait for more than 70 hours. So between the moment I called and the moment I got the result there were more than 4 days (I choose for the 30 minutes drive). And then they are surprised that so little people get themselves tested... But lots of people don't own a car, lots of people have a job where you get sacked when you don't go to work only because of a vague throat pain... I hope they can organise it better here soon!
Native: Dutch
Learns: Latin and French
Knows also (a bit): English, German, Turkish, Danish

Corrections appreciated.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Organisation of corona tests

Postby vijayjohn » 2021-02-22, 5:52

I had to call and got an Antigen rapid test at the airport the same day I had my flight. I presented my results while getting my luggage checked in. They apparently didn't pay a lot of attention and just let me through. :P

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2021-02-23, 21:36

I had to get a corona test last week, because I developed mild flu symptoms. It was negative.

I was pleasantly surprised that instead of the giant "q-tip" that I thought they'd yoink up my nose, it was actually a thin flexible plastic thingy that didn't have a sizable anything at the end. So it felt a lot like spaghetti up my nose. Unpleasant, but not tremendously so.

I was able to take the test at our local town centre, where I could walk, since it was set up in a trailer. I booked a time in advance online for the same day. It hasn't always been this easy in Finland, but now it was, and I'm thankful and glad. It didn't cost anything.

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2021-02-24, 14:45

I got tested twice in the last few months (both negative)

You basically call a hotline if you any symptoms or you were in contact with an infected person (or other high risk situations). If they think you should be tested, they'll give you a list of labs in your area and a test prescription (you don't have to pay). Then I had to choose the closest lab, call them and schedule the appointment myself (for the next day). I got the results by e-mail / text message about 12h later

You can choose to get tested for any other reasons without going through the National Health Service, but in that case you have to pay for the test (prices vary, but it's around 100 euros at most places)
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Return to “Politics and Religion”