Independence for Catalonia

This forum is the place to have more serious discussions about politics and religion, and your opinions thereof. Be courteous!

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Forum rules
When a registered user insults another person (user or not), nation, political group or religious group, s/he will be deprived of her/his permission to post in the forum. That user has the right to re-register one week after s/he has lost the permission. Further violations will result in longer prohibitions.

By default, you are automatically registered to post in this forum. However, users cannot post in the politics forum during the first week after registration. Users can also not make their very first post in the politics forum.
linguoboy
Re: Independence for Catalonia

Postby linguoboy » 2017-11-19, 19:37

Osias wrote:Russian interference?

Not with the vote itself, but with the social media campaign: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-spain-politics-catalonia-russia/spain-sees-russian-interference-in-catalonia-separatist-vote-idUSKBN1DD20Y.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Osias

Postby Osias » 2017-11-19, 20:30

Gràcies!
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2018-06-01, 15:10

I have somewhat mixed feelings on the ouster of Rajoy. On the one hand, he was Spain's Kohl, a canny political operator with conservative views who held on well past his sell-by date. On the other hand, he's not wrong when he says that the electorate recently had two different opportunities to choose being led by Pedro Sánchez and said, "No thanks" both times.

But mostly I'm hoping that finally having someone in that office whose motto isn't "Catalaunia delenda est" will open the door to a way out of the current constitutional crisis.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Lur

Postby Lur » 2018-06-15, 13:13

He's not wrong, but also it has no bearing on this democratic process, because the electorate chooses parliament seats, not the government. Of course, suddenly all of the extreme-right crazies wanting to be presidentialists have come out of nowhere to call this nothing sort of treason. But they'll get their fair share of neoliberal politics with this one government (all camouflaged under some random progressive measure to maintain appearances), and anyways, don't they have any non-corrupt right-wing political party to vote for (genuine question, to be honest)?

So now there are the questions:
-We're back to universal healthcare (confirmed)
-Having an actual Ministry of Science won't change anything because the budget is controlled by the Senate (pretty much admitted by the minister)
-Will the 155 be taken down? Maybe? They'd like to be voted for in Catalunya
-Will the Ley Mordaza by repealed? Maybe not
-Will there be action taken against the housing crisis and the job market crisis and the ecological crisis? Maybe stop overtaxing and dismantling nuclear and maintaining carbon plants? I think this won't happen
-Will Asturian language be made official? Lots of movement regarding this in the last few months. I'm gonna guess it won't?
Geurea dena lapurtzen uzteagatik, geure izaerari uko egiteagatik.

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2018-10-05, 9:49

There's a new documentary on Netflix called "Two Catalonias" about everything that happened over there in the past year or so. I'm not sure if it's available in all countries at the moment, but if you can watch it, I definitely recommend it.
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Return to “Politics and Religion”