European refugee crisis [split]

This forum is the place to have more serious discussions about politics and religion, and your opinions thereof. Be courteous!

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Forum rules
When a registered user insults another person (user or not), nation, political group or religious group, s/he will be deprived of her/his permission to post in the forum. That user has the right to re-register one week after s/he has lost the permission. Further violations will result in longer prohibitions.

By default, you are automatically registered to post in this forum. However, users cannot post in the politics forum during the first week after registration. Users can also not make their very first post in the politics forum.
User avatar
Levike
Posts: 6153
Joined: 2013-04-22, 19:26
Real Name: Levi
Gender: male
Location: Budapest
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)

European refugee crisis [split]

Postby Levike » 2015-09-10, 13:28

admin

Split from Random complaints and advice thread 4.


--------------------

My city has been called "barbaric, xenofobic and chovinistic" by the prime-minister.

Well, I know who I'm definitely not going to vote for. :nope:
Last edited by Johanna on 2015-09-12, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split and edited title
Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára.

User avatar
Osias
Posts: 8385
Joined: 2007-09-09, 17:38
Real Name: Osias Junior
Gender: male
Location: Vitória
Country: BR Brazil (Brasil)
Contact:

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby Osias » 2015-09-10, 13:34

but but ... why? :hmm:
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

User avatar
Levike
Posts: 6153
Joined: 2013-04-22, 19:26
Real Name: Levi
Gender: male
Location: Budapest
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby Levike » 2015-09-10, 14:00

osias wrote:but but ... why? :hmm:

Immigrants and refugees.
Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24020
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-09-10, 14:07

I don't think I'll ever understand what some of y'all have against immigrants and refugees. After all, my own parents are immigrants.

In fact, Levike, technically, you're an immigrant. :?

User avatar
Osias
Posts: 8385
Joined: 2007-09-09, 17:38
Real Name: Osias Junior
Gender: male
Location: Vitória
Country: BR Brazil (Brasil)
Contact:

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby Osias » 2015-09-10, 14:19

I think they have issues with Muslim immigrants.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24020
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-09-10, 14:25

osias wrote:I think they have issues with Muslim immigrants.

Which I also don't get. I'm not Muslim, but I've met lots of people from Muslim immigrant families in my lifetime. Hell, one of them is part of my own family.

Not to mention that, you know, one of the friendliest mods we have on this forum is an immigrant who I'm pretty darn sure is at least from a Muslim family, if not Muslim herself.

User avatar
Levike
Posts: 6153
Joined: 2013-04-22, 19:26
Real Name: Levi
Gender: male
Location: Budapest
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby Levike » 2015-09-10, 14:33

Immigrants are not bad. Unskilled people who don't speak the language are the problem.

My city has a lot of French students and everyone loves them.

vijayjohn wrote:I don't think I'll ever understand what some of y'all have against immigrants and refugees. After all, my own parents are immigrants.

We have enough ethnic back-stabbings of our own. No need to add more to it.

In fact, Levike, technically, you're an immigrant. :?

I am not moving here.
Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24020
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-09-10, 14:37

Levike wrote:We have enough ethnic back-stabbings of our own. No need to add more to it.

So? Take a look at the history of ethnic backstabbings in the US. And yet this is a country whose entire history is founded on immigration, one wave on top of another. In my view, the fact that you have that means the problem is with your country, not with people migrating to it.
In fact, Levike, technically, you're an immigrant. :?

I am not moving here.

The key word is "technically." You're from Romania but currently living in Germany. That already makes you a temporary migrant.

User avatar
Levike
Posts: 6153
Joined: 2013-04-22, 19:26
Real Name: Levi
Gender: male
Location: Budapest
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby Levike » 2015-09-10, 14:42

vijayjohn wrote:The key word is "technically." You're from Romania but currently living in Germany. That already makes you a temporary migrant.

Yes, but I speak the language, have a job and more importantly didn't jump any fences.

Legal immigrants are not a problem.

The locals ("represented" by their politicians) should decide who gets in and who doesn't.
Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24020
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-09-10, 14:49

Levike wrote:Legal immigrants are not a problem.

Has the EU not given the immigrants and refugees you're talking about amnesty? Is your country not part of the EU?

And has your government also given them amnesty? Because I really don't get why they shouldn't, and I highly doubt that there's anything you could say to convince me otherwise.

User avatar
Levike
Posts: 6153
Joined: 2013-04-22, 19:26
Real Name: Levi
Gender: male
Location: Budapest
Country: HU Hungary (Magyarország)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby Levike » 2015-09-10, 14:57

vijayjohn wrote:
Levike wrote:Legal immigrants are not a problem.

Has the EU not given the immigrants and refugees you're talking about amnesty? Is your country not part of the EU?

Hungary is leading the army to the Serbian border in order to stop the immigrants.
So I don't think they have a free pass into the EU, or at least Hungary.

Maybe I'm a bit confused by the term, what exactly do you mean by "have been given amnesty".
And by that do you mean the people who are already inside or the ones who are crossing the borders right now?
Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára.

User avatar
Michael
Posts: 7122
Joined: 2009-07-21, 3:07
Real Name: Mike
Gender: male
Location: Oak Park, IL
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby Michael » 2015-09-10, 15:06

Levike wrote:Yes, but I speak the language, have a job and more importantly didn't jump any fences.

Legal immigrants are not a problem.

The locals ("represented" by their politicians) should decide who gets in and who doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toL1tXrLA1c
Last edited by Michael on 2015-09-10, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
American English (en-us) Pizzonese (nap) N Italian (it) Mexican Spanish (es-mx) Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) Albanian (sq) B1 Greek (el) Persian (fa) A2 Romanian (ro) Old English (en_old) Turkish (tr) Azerbaijani (az) A1
„Çdo njeri është peng i veprave të veta.‟
Every human being is hostage to their own deeds.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24020
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-09-10, 15:08

They took his dog! I broke his jaw! :lol:
Levike wrote:Maybe I'm a bit confused by the term, what exactly do you mean by "have been given amnesty".

Did the European Union not decide that these immigrants and refugees would be accepted into European territory and divided up among European countries? If that isn't legal migration, then I don't know what is.

Even if it isn't legal migration, or even if they're unskilled, I still don't see the difference. This country could not possibly survive at this point without the labor of people who are usually described as unskilled illegal immigrants. Some states have even tried it before. This shit doesn't work.
And by that do you mean the people who are already in or the ones who are crossing the borders right now?

Both!

IpseDixit

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-09-10, 15:18

vijayjohn wrote:So? Take a look at the history of ethnic backstabbings in the US. And yet this is a country whose entire history is founded on immigration, one wave on top of another. In my view, the fact that you have that means the problem is with your country, not with people migrating to it.


You genocided the native population, stole their land and put the remaining in reservations. Not exactly a country I would take as an example...

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24020
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-09-10, 15:25

IpseDixit wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:So? Take a look at the history of ethnic backstabbings in the US. And yet this is a country whose entire history is founded on immigration, one wave on top of another. In my view, the fact that you have that means the problem is with your country, not with people migrating to it.


You genocided the native population, stole their land and put the remaining in reservations.

Actually, I had no part in such things, but this country also had several waves of immigration after white people got here. Sure, they have their problems, but some people make it out to be like having immigrants is Armageddon or something. It's not.

Besides, when was the last time you heard "the native population" complaining just because white people exist in this country? There's a difference between immigration and invasion, and there's a difference between complaining about people literally stealing your land and complaining about people existing in it.

IpseDixit

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-09-10, 15:40

All the following waves of immigrants are thanks to the genocide and to the fact that the white man took possession of that land.
Last edited by IpseDixit on 2015-09-10, 15:46, edited 2 times in total.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24020
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-09-10, 15:45

IpseDixit wrote:All the following waves of immigrants are thanks to the genocide and to the fact that the white man took possession of that land.

So? That still doesn't negate everything that happened after it.

IpseDixit

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-09-10, 15:47

All I want to say is that I'm a bit tired of hearing people compare the US with Europe and totally ignore this basic difference. If America is or was a successful history of immigration, it's primeraly because you exterminated the local people. Period.
Last edited by IpseDixit on 2015-09-10, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24020
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-09-10, 15:52

IpseDixit wrote:All I want to say is that I'm a bit tired of hearing people compare the US with Europe and totally ignore this basic difference. If America is or was a succesful history of immigration, it's primeraly because you exterminated the local people. Period.

No, it's not. The US is just one example. You can look at all sorts of other countries around the world that do not have the problems with immigration that Eastern Europe seems to have.

IpseDixit

Re: Random complaints and advice thread 4

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-09-10, 16:10

No, it's not.


How can you say that?

You can look at all sorts of other countries around the world that do not have the problems with immigration that Eastern Europe seems to have.


Like the US with Mexico or India with Bangadlesh? In both cases you built walls and fences on the border in order to prevent entrace to immigrants, the same thing that Hungary is trying to do and being hardly criticized for.

Gosh, India even seems to have a shoot-to-kill policy.

Oh, and there is also the Nicaragua-Mexico border.

Then there is Australia which AFAIK dumps immigrants in the Fiji Islands, and probably a lot of other countries with the same immigration problems which I'm not aware of.

vijayjohn wrote:The key word is "technically." You're from Romania but currently living in Germany. That already makes you a temporary migrant.


Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the Treaty enshrined in Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and developed by EU secondary legislation and the Case law of the Court of Justice. EU citizens are entitled to:

-look for a job in another EU country
-work there without needing a work permit
-reside there for that purpose
-stay there even after employment has finished
-enjoy equal treatment with nationals in access to employment, working conditions and all other social and tax advantages


http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=457&langId=en


Return to “Politics and Religion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest