How do/did they teach religion in your school?

This forum is the place to have more serious discussions about politics and religion, and your opinions thereof. Be courteous!

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Forum rules
When a registered user insults another person (user or not), nation, political group or religious group, s/he will be deprived of her/his permission to post in the forum. That user has the right to re-register one week after s/he has lost the permission. Further violations will result in longer prohibitions.

By default, you are automatically registered to post in this forum. However, users cannot post in the politics forum during the first week after registration. Users can also not make their very first post in the politics forum.
Multiturquoise
Language Forum Moderator
Re: How do/did they teach religion in your school?

Postby Multiturquoise » 2015-01-25, 14:01

In Turkey, the lesson is called "Religion and Morals" and is obligatory from pre-school to the end of high school. They didn't teach me religion when I was a child, because the lesson wasn't obligatory at the time (2003-2006). They made religion an obligatory lesson last year. The religion that is mainly taught in Turkey is Islam, since 97 percent of the population here are Muslims (I'm included in the three percent part). They also teach the basics of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism and some other religions, but the religion lessons here are focused mainly on Islam. I wrote this on what I've been taught on my whole educational life.
native: (tr)
advanced: (en) (el)
intermediate: (fr) (ka)
focus: (de) (sl) (hr)

Return to “Politics and Religion”