"Sexual" education

This forum is the place to have more serious discussions about politics and religion, and your opinions thereof. Be courteous!

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Forum rules
When a registered user insults another person (user or not), nation, political group or religious group, s/he will be deprived of her/his permission to post in the forum. That user has the right to re-register one week after s/he has lost the permission. Further violations will result in longer prohibitions.

By default, you are automatically registered to post in this forum. However, users cannot post in the politics forum during the first week after registration. Users can also not make their very first post in the politics forum.
language learner
Posts: 634
Joined: 2011-10-15, 18:41
Gender: male

"Sexual" education

Postby language learner » 2013-09-08, 13:01

Germany and EU to Legalize Pedophilia and with it, Child Pornography as well!
Booklets from a subsidiary of the German government’s Ministry for Family Affairs encourage parents to sexually massage their children as young as 1 to 3 years of age. Two 40-page booklets entitled “Love, Body and Playing Doctor” by the German Federal Health Education Center (Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung – BZgA) are aimed at parents – the first addressing children from 1-3 and the other children from 4-6 years of age.
...
The pamphlet advises parents to permit young children “unlimited masturbation” except where physical injury becomes apparent. It advises: “Children should learn that there is no such thing as shameful parts of the body. The body is a home, which you should be proud of.” For ages 4-6, the booklet recommends teaching children the movements of copulation.

The booklet

A recent case:
The father of many children Eugen M. was put in prison, because his daughter missed two 2 lessons of sexual "education" - the girl simply coudn't stand the lesson. It turns out this is not the only case in Germany. Parents, who do not want their children to study pornographic materials in 4th grade with surprise found, that law of tolerance (force them to?).

A fourthgrader, a kid from a large family, who is always praised upon by teachers for good behaviour, couldn't stand the lesson of "sexual education". The pupil felt faint with it. The teacher made her remain in class. Because she put up resistance, she was forced to remain to the end of the lesson (?). Because this was the second lesson, the pupil has escaped, the laws started applying. The parents of the girl received a notice to pay a fine. Since they refused, they were put to the regional court, where they didn't have rights to defend.

They were sentenced one day in prison. Because the father of the girl - Eugen M. was confident in his innocence, he did not fulfill the court's order and was locked in prison under guard. His pregnant wife was put in the same procedure, but it's still unclear how the authorities will act given her state.

This is by far not a single case. In Germany there are already many parent, who were put in prison, because they didn't allow their kids to go to lessons of sexual "education", or how they are called by people - porn lessons.

It's typical that most of the German SMIs (?) keep quiet about these cases.

In the meantime, families, interested in preservation of the morals of their kids, leave Germany.

Where I'm not sure what is the correct translation I've used italics
source in Russian + video: http://www.inform-relig.ru/news/detail.php?ID=6219


Seriously, what's wrong with German authorities? A generation brought up in this way will ruin the country.
It seems they are interested want to achieve easy to control, low moral, porn-dependant, ignorant mass.
What's the situation in other countries?

User avatar
linguoboy
Posts: 23334
Joined: 2009-08-25, 15:11
Real Name: Da
Location: Chicago
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby linguoboy » 2013-09-08, 13:17

азъбукывѣдѣ wrote:Seriously, what's wrong with German authorities?

I think the question should be, "What's wrong with Russian journalists?" Can't they even report the facts accurately?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

User avatar
md0
Posts: 7579
Joined: 2010-08-08, 19:56
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby md0 » 2013-09-08, 13:22

Okay, I shouldn't complaint anymore. With all our faults, we are a much better place to grow up than... Russia.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)Elementary Finnish (fi)
For fun: Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)

Mutusen
Posts: 1126
Joined: 2007-10-17, 19:12
Gender: male
Country: SK Slovakia (Slovensko)
Contact:

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby Mutusen » 2013-09-08, 13:40

азъбукывѣдѣ wrote:source in Russian + video: http://www.inform-relig.ru/news/detail.php?ID=6219

Is this the Russian equivalent of The Onion?
„Koľko jazykov vieš, toľkokrát si človekom.“

Ludwig Whitby
Posts: 3665
Joined: 2009-03-30, 13:44
Gender: male
Location: Belgrade
Country: RS Serbia (Србија)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby Ludwig Whitby » 2013-09-08, 13:49

азъбукывѣдѣ wrote:
Booklets from a subsidiary of the German government’s Ministry for Family Affairs encourage parents to sexually massage their children as young as 1 to 3 years of age. Two 40-page booklets entitled “Love, Body and Playing Doctor” by the German Federal Health Education Center (Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung – BZgA) are aimed at parents – the first addressing children from 1-3 and the other children from 4-6 years of age.
...
The pamphlet advises parents to permit young children “unlimited masturbation” except where physical injury becomes apparent. It advises: “Children should learn that there is no such thing as shameful parts of the body. The body is a home, which you should be proud of.” For ages 4-6, the booklet recommends teaching children the movements of copulation.


What seems to be the issue here? Permitting masturbation? Why is that a problem?

User avatar
md0
Posts: 7579
Joined: 2010-08-08, 19:56
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby md0 » 2013-09-08, 14:06

You say "masturbation", they say "child self-abuse", I guess.

Is this the Russian equivalent of The Onion?

That would be the Russian equivalent to Christian News Network or something, it says religija in the title.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)Elementary Finnish (fi)
For fun: Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)

User avatar
linguoboy
Posts: 23334
Joined: 2009-08-25, 15:11
Real Name: Da
Location: Chicago
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby linguoboy » 2013-09-08, 14:41

meidei wrote:
Is this the Russian equivalent of The Onion?

That would be the Russian equivalent to Christian News Network or something, it says religija in the title.

It took a fair bit of googling to find a news article about the "Eugen M." case that wasn't from a conservative religious source. (It didn't help that the Russian source quoted above inexplicably omits his full surname despite the fact that, since he's been convicted of a crime in open court and isn't a minor, this is a matter of public record.) Here's a link to the article which appeared in WAZ: http://www.derwesten.de/staedte/nachrichten-aus-meschede-eslohe-bestwig-und-schmallenberg/haft-fuer-vater-weil-tochter-nicht-zum-sexualkunde-unterricht-kam-id8323942.html. The response from the parents makes reference to an incident in Borken a month earlier where one child collapsed during sex ed, setting off a "chain reaction" among other students. (Report here, in English: http://www.thelocal.de/society/20130628-50567.html.) As you'd expect, this story was also circulated through the same religiously-affiliated outlets.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

User avatar
Varislintu
Posts: 15330
Joined: 2004-02-09, 13:32
Real Name: M.
Gender: female
Location: Helsinki
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby Varislintu » 2013-09-08, 14:53

азъбукывѣдѣ wrote:Seriously, what's wrong with German authorities? A generation brought up in this way will ruin the country.
It seems they are interested want to achieve easy to control, low moral, porn-dependant, ignorant mass.

*Clutches pearls* Won't somebody please think of the children!? :wink:

Or actually, it sounds like for once someone really is thinking of the children, and not the adults who'd like to make them feel ashamed of sex and their bodies, not know their own anatomy, and in general be very ignorant about all of it.
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

User avatar
Car
Forum Administrator
Posts: 10516
Joined: 2002-06-21, 19:24
Real Name: Silvia
Gender: female
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)
Contact:

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby Car » 2013-09-08, 15:51

Sex ed isn't porn lessons at all, I've never heard anyone call it that and that would be ridiculous. I actually was rather disappointed by it. Considering that laws regarding porn on TV are stricter than elsewhere in Europe, that makes even less sense.

As for the brochure, I can't find the part about "unlimited masturbation", Selbstbefriedigung only leads to one result and that not a piece of advice at all. I can't find the part about copulation either.
After skimming through, it's nothing more than a booklet that is supposed to help parents deal with their children when they're discovering their bodies.
Please correct my mistakes!

IpseDixit

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby IpseDixit » 2013-09-08, 16:18

азъбукывѣдѣ wrote:Germany and EU to Legalize Pedophilia and with it, Child Pornography as well!
Booklets from a subsidiary of the German government’s Ministry for Family Affairs encourage parents to sexually massage their children as young as 1 to 3 years of age. Two 40-page booklets entitled “Love, Body and Playing Doctor” by the German Federal Health Education Center (Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung – BZgA) are aimed at parents – the first addressing children from 1-3 and the other children from 4-6 years of age.
...
The pamphlet advises parents to permit young children “unlimited masturbation” except where physical injury becomes apparent. It advises: “Children should learn that there is no such thing as shameful parts of the body. The body is a home, which you should be proud of.” For ages 4-6, the booklet recommends teaching children the movements of copulation.


This is not pedophilia.

And yes. Sex should not be a taboo, children shouldn't be taught stupid legends about storks. Parents should explain to their children the reasons why their mom has suddenly become "fat". There's nothing shameful about sex.

Do you know what should be a taboo? Violent video games and TV programmes. But, no, for our society (and religious people in primis) it's better for children to watch people beeing killed in horrendous ways rather than being taught about love and sex.

User avatar
mōdgethanc
Posts: 10658
Joined: 2010-03-20, 5:27
Gender: male
Location: Toronto
Country: CA Canada (Canada)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby mōdgethanc » 2013-09-08, 18:26

Do you know what should be a taboo? Violent video games and TV programmes. But, no, for our society (and religious people in primis) it's better for children to watch people beeing killed in horrendous ways rather than being taught about love and sex.
There is a place for depictions of violence in our society - but I would be careful about exposing my children to them without proper guidance. (You know, what "parental guidance" actually means - watching this stuff with your kids so you can explain it to them and make sure they're mature enough to handle it, not just refuse to let them watch it because somebodypleasethinkofthechildren.) Whereas my parents let me watch The Terminator and play FPS games as a kid unsupervised - and look how I turned out!

IpseDixit

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby IpseDixit » 2013-09-08, 21:28

mōdgethanc wrote:There is a place for depictions of violence in our society - but I would be careful about exposing my children to them without proper guidance. (You know, what "parental guidance" actually means - watching this stuff with your kids so you can explain it to them and make sure they're mature enough to handle it, not just refuse to let them watch it because somebodypleasethinkofthechildren.)


Yeah, raising children in a cocoon-like environment is not that good either. I think they should know that bad things and people exist. But what unsettles me is the amount of violence they are exposed to. Violence is very permeating in the movie industry and on TV. Parental guidance is a good principle but I think it's a bit utopian.

Whereas my parents let me watch The Terminator and play FPS games as a kid unsupervised - and look how I turned out!


So now we know that The Terminator and FPS games cause grumpiness :-P

I used to play mainly Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. They may be the cause for my pedantry :P

User avatar
Lur
Posts: 3052
Joined: 2012-04-15, 23:22
Location: Madrid
Country: ES Spain (España)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby Lur » 2013-09-08, 22:27

I also saw The Terminator as a kid. Years later the thing I remembered was Kyle and Sarah holding hands.
Geurea dena lapurtzen uzteagatik, geure izaerari uko egiteagatik.

User avatar
mōdgethanc
Posts: 10658
Joined: 2010-03-20, 5:27
Gender: male
Location: Toronto
Country: CA Canada (Canada)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby mōdgethanc » 2013-09-09, 0:54

IpseDixit wrote:Yeah, raising children in a cocoon-like environment is not that good either. I think they should know that bad things and people exist. But what unsettles me is the amount of violence they are exposed to. Violence is very permeating in the movie industry and on TV. Parental guidance is a good principle but I think it's a bit utopian.
So now we know that The Terminator and FPS games cause grumpiness :-P
Nah, they're a great outlet for grumpiness. The grumpiness is caused by being shot repeatedly at point-blank range and undergoing reconstructive surgery that replaced the back of my skull with titanium being crabby from lack of sleep and coffee.

User avatar
Massimiliano B
Posts: 1795
Joined: 2009-03-31, 10:01
Real Name: Massimiliano Bavieri
Gender: male
Location: Lucca
Country: IT Italy (Italia)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby Massimiliano B » 2013-09-12, 16:20

I think the question should be: do we need a sexual education in schools? Why the government wants to decide how to educate our children in this specific field? Is not the parental education sufficient? Are not parents free to educate their children about sexuality?

User avatar
md0
Posts: 7579
Joined: 2010-08-08, 19:56
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby md0 » 2013-09-12, 16:28

Is not the parental education sufficient? Are not parents free to educate their children about sexuality?
a) apparently not. And if we talk about our part of Europe, if parents give sexuality advice is probably going to be harmful rather than help teenagers have healthy relationships and sexual lives. So having experts provide equal access to sensible advice to all children should be a priority.
b) they are free to provide them with the same or alternative information on sexual education. Or for anything that the school also covers.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)Elementary Finnish (fi)
For fun: Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)

User avatar
Massimiliano B
Posts: 1795
Joined: 2009-03-31, 10:01
Real Name: Massimiliano Bavieri
Gender: male
Location: Lucca
Country: IT Italy (Italia)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby Massimiliano B » 2013-09-12, 17:12

Why is sexuality advice given by parents probably going to be harmful rather than help teenagers have healthy relationships and sexual lives?

Surely an expert can give sexual advices to all children. But if I don't agree with such advices, why should I let my children undergo such "education"?

User avatar
linguoboy
Posts: 23334
Joined: 2009-08-25, 15:11
Real Name: Da
Location: Chicago
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby linguoboy » 2013-09-12, 17:19

Massimiliano B wrote:But if I don't agree with such advices, why should I let my children undergo such "education"?

Should children in public education be allowed to opt out of any and all classes according to the whim of their parents?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

IpseDixit

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby IpseDixit » 2013-09-12, 17:26

Massimiliano B wrote:Why is sexuality advice given by parents probably going to be harmful rather than help teenagers have healthy relationships and sexual lives?


Because an average person is quite ignorant about sex (from a scientific point of view). Sexual education is not an easy subject, it's actually quite complex. You need experts.

Massimiliano B wrote:Surely an expert can give sexual advices to all children. But if I don't agree with such advices, why should I let my children undergo such "education"?


Sorry, but I think you have a bit destorted view on the topic. There's nothing to agree on. Sexual education is science, not an opinion.

For example, what's wrong if they teach a teen agers that coitus interruptus is not contraceptive? That's reality. Full stop.

What's wrong if they teach that HIV can be also transmitted through oral sex? Again, there's nothing to agree on.

And of course they just teach such things, they do not encourage to put them in practice.

User avatar
md0
Posts: 7579
Joined: 2010-08-08, 19:56
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)

Re: "Sexual" education

Postby md0 » 2013-09-12, 17:44

Why is sexuality advice given by parents probably going to be harmful rather than help teenagers have healthy relationships and sexual lives?

For lots of reasons.
First of all, they themselves haven't received education on the matter. What they know and what they pass down to their children are products of the culture they grew up in. Now, culture differs from place to place and from times to times, but I am talking about our part of Europe nowadays. In general, the parents feel awkward talking about sex. In fact, they don't talk about it at all (again, on average). The ideas they have about sexual conduct are unbalanced. Women bear all the responsibility for the sexual encounter, while men are not obliged to pay any attention to what they are doing. It is difficult to imagine parents also giving advices for healthy relationships to their non-straight kids as well. Condoms are seen as a fetish rather than a very important safety measure, and the current generation does not have knowledge about sexually transmitted diseases. HIV for example is a huge taboo here, and people are not aware of how it spreads (they think kissing is enough to transmit it!).
Of course, there is always the chance that the parents will actually be able to offer helpful advice. But you can't leave things to chance, if you care about the consequences (I assume that we consider healthy relationships, safe sexual conduct and happy families to be something that our societies need). If all teenagers receive that knowledge, it will have an effect. If a large percentage is uninformed or misinformed then a few parents having "The Talk" will not change the situation (again, I assume that we consider high STD rates, abusive relationships and miserable families to be a bad thing that harms our societies).

Surely an expert can give sexual advices to all children. But if I don't agree with such advices, why should I let my children undergo such "education"?

Well, that's ultimately your choice. You can pull your children out of school and educate them however you see fit (send them to a different school or educate them yourself). Sexual education is no different than the goals of other subjects.

Now, it's not to say that the education the school provides cannot be harmful. In my time myths about sexuality and dangerous advices were given within the classes of Biology and Religion. If a Sexual Education curriculum existed (it doesn't), I'd expect it to be created by qualified professionals, not laypeople who only have their cultural beliefs of how sexuality must be (which is, "something that you need to be punished for giving in to it").
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)Elementary Finnish (fi)
For fun: Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)


Return to “Politics and Religion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest