Urban Downshifting

This forum is the place to have more serious discussions about politics and religion, and your opinions thereof. Be courteous!

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Forum rules
When a registered user insults another person (user or not), nation, political group or religious group, s/he will be deprived of her/his permission to post in the forum. That user has the right to re-register one week after s/he has lost the permission. Further violations will result in longer prohibitions.

By default, you are automatically registered to post in this forum. However, users cannot post in the politics forum during the first week after registration. Users can also not make their very first post in the politics forum.
Levo

Urban Downshifting

Postby Levo » 2013-08-06, 8:00

Does anyone have personal experience in cities, urban areas of significant, conscious downshifting?

What did you do? How is your life different now?

Could anyone change the hustle&bustle without changing work?

All experience descriptions are welcome, Thank you!

linguoboy

Re: Urban Downshifting

Postby linguoboy » 2013-08-06, 14:55

I don't have a clear idea what it is you're asking.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Levo

Postby Levo » 2013-08-06, 15:04

linguoboy wrote:I don't have a clear idea what it is you're asking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downshifting

Lada

Postby Lada » 2013-08-07, 16:17

Levo wrote:Does anyone have personal experience in cities, urban areas of significant, conscious downshifting?

What did you do? How is your life different now?

I'm not sure if you can call me a downshifter but I quit office to start my own business. And I really have a perfect balance between life and work. Though if my business won't develop as it must, probably I'll have to find a job, but I don't have a desire to come back in the office, free-lance or distant work will be OK for me.
When you're absolutely independent and want to create your own company, you have to take responsibility for everything you do. There's no boss, no "tasks" from managers, no deadlines, no work hours, you do what you want and when you want. It's a great opportunity for personal development, rising self-knowledge, discovering your potential, but such things have been easy to acquire.

Return to “Politics and Religion”